Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 12-30-2017, 04:52 PM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Plugfest 2018 date?

Hi All,
I see there is still some interest in having a plugfest this year again.

I can rent the hall at Monument Beach Sportsmans' club again if you want to but we need to select a date that will work for the most people.

Feb. 10th or 24th

Also we need some people to do some demonstrations.

Participation has gone way down in recent years as it seems most of us don't build as much as we used to or are busy with our lives.

If you can commit to coming or do a demo, that would be great. I need to get an idea of how many are interested or we won't bother renting a hall again. So please reply to this thread.

Thank you,
Bruce

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I am in and vote for the 24
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I am in. Vote for the 24th as well. I am far from being the guy you want to demo, but could bring a tool to help out with a demo.....
Has everyone seen the duplicator set up with Paul's carbide insert?

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:07 PM   #4
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Can’t make either one 100% cause of work but the 24th would be more likely if work isn’t doing mandatory saturdays
chefchris401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:11 PM   #5
pbadad

As of now I'm in. 24th is my vote. I could bring my small Jet w/ dupe. Could use it for demo for first timers interested in getting a dupe for themselves if they're on the edge of a purchase.
pbadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:35 PM   #6
Guppy
User

Don't have much to offer in the line of plugs but willing to bring pot of chowdah again...
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:35 PM   #7
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Not very much of a response here, I guess that is understandable.

If we don't see more people say they will go, I will not be filling out this application for the hall and send the payment. The 24th is available.

Guppy mentioned in the TFCTFN thread that since JohnR is swamped and cannot prepare for the night out, that maybe we can combine the 2 events on the same day. It is possible if you ask me but there has to be some interaction. We can have a potluck and have a giant raffle table but as far as entertainment, well you aren't going to be seeing me playing guitar for you all some come up with something.

I don't know what to do about plugfest, please give me a head count.

In

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:45 PM   #8
EricW

I'd be in for the 24th. I would love to everyone again as I missed last couple.
Eric
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:47 PM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricW View Post
I'd be in for the 24th. I would love to everyone again as I missed last couple.
Eric
Bring your Work Sharp I want to try it out....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:36 AM   #10
pbadad

In
Old 01-03-2018, 09:30 AM   #11
striperswiper75

Has there ever been talk about moving the event to a different location? Driving from the shoreline of CT to Bourne is a decent drive to make. Just a thought.

I have attended plug fest once before and did enjoy it. Now that I am trying to make plugs there is a greater desire to attend again.

It all started last year during a terrible thunderstorm, when I locked myself out of the house. Shelving myself with a large piece of sheet metal, I ran for cover under the tallest tree I could find!
striperswiper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:53 AM   #12
JLH

If my schedule allows I would like to make it this year. At this point the 24th should work for me.
JLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:56 AM   #13
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperswiper75 View Post
Has there ever been talk about moving the event to a different location? Driving from the shoreline of CT to Bourne is a decent drive to make. Just a thought.

I have attended plug fest once before and did enjoy it. Now that I am trying to make plugs there is a greater desire to attend again.
I understand it is a long drive for some, sorry

This hall is only $100 so it keeps the cost down.

Fairhaven VFW I think is a bit more, the Wareham Elks is even more than that.
If someone wants to get something in RI, then someone would have to step up and organize that.

If anyone has any suggestion on how to get more word out on this and get more participation, I am all ears.

thanks
Old 01-04-2018, 05:47 AM   #14
Old Man

In..
Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:41 AM   #15
pbadad

Bruce I would think plug building suppliers would have a vested interest in promoting a plug building gathering. Reaching out to the few in our area may help. They can post on their website about Plugfest and details. I realize as of now details are not carved in stone but even if a cry out is put on their sites of a possible plug builders gathering (Plugfest) looking to organize with probable date. Maybe a link to the SB site to add their intent of interest.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:58 PM   #16
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Thank you, I can reach out to Mike at M&D's but if you have any others in mind by all means point them in the right direction.

WE have decided we should just combine this event with the Too friggan cold to fish night and have it at all together on the same day. Please see the thread in the main forum.
Thanks

Old 01-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #17
stripermaineiac

Ill be there.
stripermaineiac is offline   Reply With Quote