Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
basswipe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
basswipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: RI
Posts: 5,623
Gregory Salcido

Would love to see or hear from the site libtards on this guy.No active duty/reservist or honorably discharged veteran could possibly support anything this douche believes in......wait there might be one,can't wait to read his response!Maybe even two if I'm correct!
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,284
Who?
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
Raider Ronnie
www.blackhullcharters.com
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,115
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Who?


http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/california-teacher-put-on-leave-after-calling-us-military-a-bunch-of-dumb-#^&#^&#^&#^&s-report/article/2647506


This guy is the typical teacher in our schools today.
My 3 kids tell me what goes on at their schools.
God forbid you let the teacher find out you come from conservative parents and share their beliefs. A guaranteed F for the class.
Fortunately my kids take after my wife and keep their opinions to themselves and not opinionated like me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:19 PM   #4
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/california-teacher-put-on-leave-after-calling-us-military-a-bunch-of-dumb-#^&#^&#^&#^&s-report/article/2647506


This guy is the typical teacher in our schools today.
My 3 kids tell me what goes on at their schools.
God forbid you let the teacher find out you come from conservative parents and share their beliefs. A guaranteed F for the class.
Fortunately my kids take after my wife and keep their opinions to themselves and not opinionated like me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
This is a typical teacher? I'd love to see evidence. Please, be descriptive.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:38 PM   #5
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 2,546
Just another nobody.. who's comments the right love to pass off as what they see as the liberal elite.. mantra .. and here I thought only liberals were snowflakes guess I was wrong this guy has the rights panties in a bunch

And for the record I could give 2 #^&#^&#^&#^&s what he thinks ... the sun will still rise and in another news cycle some one else will take his place as America's newest villian
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:01 PM   #6
Raider Ronnie
www.blackhullcharters.com
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,115
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is a typical teacher? I'd love to see evidence. Please, be descriptive.
You got kids in school ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:17 PM   #7
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
You got kids in school ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yes. What's your point?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:35 PM   #8
Raider Ronnie
www.blackhullcharters.com
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,115
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Yes. What's your point?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Let me guess.
Elementary grades ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:56 PM   #9
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Let me guess.
Elementary grades ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Can anybody help him out?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:29 PM   #10
nightfighter
Seldom Seen
iTrader: (0)
 
nightfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,514
Jeff,
Local kid, briefly dated my daughter in HS. Went into Marine Corps from HS. Did tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Currently a senior at UMass Amherst. Cannot wait to graduate and get away from all the anti America anti republican anti military, anti white sentiment in Amherst and in the school curriculum. He blew his GPA from being just under a 3.9 by refusing to write a paper on "growing up with white privilege and the damage that it has done to the country." He got a failing grade from the "professor." I chit you not..... My alma mater. Will never see another dime from me. You will see as the kids get older and the indoctrination begins......

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:05 PM   #11
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Can anybody help him out?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jeff, the colleges in New England have professors that are 70% liberals. That number is most likely conservative and they are not afraid to share their opinion with their students. There was a good article in Boston magazine a few years back detailing the effect of this disparity.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:03 AM   #12
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is a typical teacher? I'd love to see evidence. Please, be descriptive.
He's not typical, thank God. But there is a clear, obvious liberal bias in education. You probably don't see it, any more than a fish is aware that he's wet, because he can't conceive of anything else.
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:23 AM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,319
They are definitely out there, I wouldn't say typical, but there are some, and they are not shy about spreading their opinions.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:16 AM   #14
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 2,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Jeff,
Local kid, briefly dated my daughter in HS. Went into Marine Corps from HS. Did tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Currently a senior at UMass Amherst. Cannot wait to graduate and get away from all the anti America anti republican anti military, anti white sentiment in Amherst and in the school curriculum. He blew his GPA from being just under a 3.9 by refusing to write a paper on "growing up with white privilege and the damage that it has done to the country." He got a failing grade from the "professor." I chit you not..... My alma mater. Will never see another dime from me. You will see as the kids get older and the indoctrination begins......
did you forget about the 60's no one cared ...same in the 80's now its ok to love the Military to glorify war it politically correct .. until the Casualties mount (hopefully that wont happen) it will change again
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:18 AM   #15
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 2,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
They are definitely out there, I wouldn't say typical, but there are some, and they are not shy about spreading their opinions.
agreed.. it happens on both side of any social argument
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:27 AM   #16
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
agreed.. it happens on both side of any social argument
You think it happens equally on both sides? You think there are as many conservative teachers and professors, as there are liberal? Really?
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:30 AM   #17
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 32,686
Blog Entries: 1
While I would not say typical it sure ain't unusual. Having worked in school systems and around some teacher governing bodies we'll call it, I have seen an awful lot of this extreme left bias. With the younger set it is even worse.

I have to unwind my kid on occasion because he comes home with some hard left drivel on occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
did you forget about the 60's no one cared ...same in the 80's now its ok to love the Military to glorify war it politically correct .. until the Casualties mount (hopefully that wont happen) it will change again
Don't glorify war, which is often failed politics by another name. But do respect those that sacrifice their time, their families, and risk their lives for others.

Yes the glorification is much. Spec4 Jimmy Schmukatelli from the Mess Hall or Base Finance should be treated with respect for his service but not HERO-like worship. Same goes to just about everyone else. Honor and respect. And certainly moreso for the ones at the pointy end.

But don't wrap the Mil in political foil (left of right) for political gains. Not everyone is a hero that stormed the beach, and far fewer are the damaged victims some on the left has them out to be...

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:57 AM   #18
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
did you forget about the 60's no one cared ...same in the 80's now its ok to love the Military to glorify war it politically correct .. until the Casualties mount (hopefully that wont happen) it will change again
More what-aboutisms from the guy who dismisses arguments by others who use them. And, hey, you're talking 50 years ago--from the guy who dismisses arguments because of "time machine" mentality.

Hypocrite.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:13 AM   #19
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Jeff,
Local kid, briefly dated my daughter in HS. Went into Marine Corps from HS. Did tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Currently a senior at UMass Amherst. Cannot wait to graduate and get away from all the anti America anti republican anti military, anti white sentiment in Amherst and in the school curriculum. He blew his GPA from being just under a 3.9 by refusing to write a paper on "growing up with white privilege and the damage that it has done to the country." He got a failing grade from the "professor." I chit you not..... My alma mater. Will never see another dime from me. You will see as the kids get older and the indoctrination begins......
I've known plenty of people who are uneasy with the military because they're anit-war...that being said I've never in my life met anyone with such extreme views as what was referenced above.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:37 AM   #20
Raider Ronnie
www.blackhullcharters.com
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,115
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Can anybody help him out?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
It gets a lot more common high school & college and the higher in grade they get the less the teachers try to hide it.
I’ve got my youngest who is a jr in high school & 2 in college and know from my kids and our friends kids from other towns/cities.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Raider Ronnie; 01-31-2018 at 01:51 PM..
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:01 PM   #21
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I've known plenty of people who are uneasy with the military because they're anit-war...that being said I've never in my life met anyone with such extreme views as what was referenced above.
You must have a dead bolt on the door to your safe space.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:41 PM   #22
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,369
If the fact that quality universities were offering safe spaces and puppies to console the impressionable young minds after the election didn't convince you Spence then perhaps you need some self evaluation.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:53 PM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,319
He's not just a teacher either, he's been a city councilman since 2000.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:08 PM   #24
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 2,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
More what-aboutisms from the guy who dismisses arguments by others who use them. And, hey, you're talking 50 years ago--from the guy who dismisses arguments because of "time machine" mentality.

Hypocrite.
Wow exmples of social change and treatment of troops tru history seen as whataboutism amazing
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:22 PM   #25
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Wow exmples of social change and treatment of troops tru history seen as whataboutism amazing
Wow. Now you know how it feels when you do basically the same thing. All you have to do is call whatever examples somebody proffers a whataboutism and that is supposed to dismiss what he says.

And I see you didn't mention your using the "time machine" reasoning. You dismiss others when they give examples from the past because it was X many years ago. Yet you cruise back in time to make a point and that is supposed to be OK.

You're a hypocrite.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:25 PM   #26
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,784
whack-a-mole
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:51 PM   #27
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I have to unwind my kid on occasion because he comes home with some hard left drivel on occasion.
Wait until he gets to college

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10457

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com