Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-13-2020, 04:53 PM   #1
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
sorry, if we’re at a point where kids cartoons are threatening to liberals, then I’m being polite.

here’s an idea, if you don’t like a show, don’t watch it. this is fascism, it’s the dictionary definition of fascism.

why can’t liberals
just not watch? why do the shows have to get cancelled? can you answer that?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
This isn’t anywhere near close to the point you made which I replied to

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:13 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
This isn’t anywhere near close to the point you made which I replied to
The point I made was that liberals today are turning into a bunch of fascist, thumb-s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g babies who cannot tolerate the existance of differing ideas. They are cancelling cop shows on TV. Why do liberals demand this Why can't liberals just not watch? Why do those shows have to be taken off the air?

Look at what happened in Seattle. That's not embarassing?

All cops are bad, cry to defund the police, and if you don't get exactly that in 24 hours, take over a city's dontown.

I asked a very, very simple and obvious qustion comparing police brtality to urban violence. Can't get an answer.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:20 PM   #3
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
The point I made was that liberals today are turning into a bunch of fascist, thumb-s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g babies who cannot tolerate the existance of differing ideas. They are cancelling cop shows on TV. Why do liberals demand this Why can't liberals just not watch? Why do those shows have to be taken off the air?

Look at what happened in Seattle. That's not embarassing?

All cops are bad, cry to defund the police, and if you don't get exactly that in 24 hours, take over a city's dontown.

I asked a very, very simple and obvious qustion comparing police brtality to urban violence. Can't get an answer.
You’re the one calling people names...

Old 06-14-2020, 04:03 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
You’re the one calling people names...
right, the liberals aren’t doing that. or it's ok when they do it.

same question to you, which is more destructive to the black community, police brutality ( 9 unarmed blacks killed by cops in the whole country in 2019), or urban violence (18 blacks
murdered in chicago on one day recently, May 31). which does more overall damage, and which gets all the media attention and focus?

spence and wdmso choose not to answer. because the answer doesn’t help their
narrative. which means they don’t care about answers, they care about the narrative.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:22 AM   #5
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
right, the liberals aren’t doing that. or it's ok when they do it.

same question to you, which is more destructive to the black community, police brutality ( 9 unarmed blacks killed by cops in the whole country in 2019), or urban violence (18 blacks
murdered in chicago on one day recently, May 31). which does more overall damage, and which gets all the media attention and focus?

spence and wdmso choose not to answer. because the answer doesn’t help their
narrative. which means they don’t care about answers, they care about the narrative.
Police brutality

Old 06-14-2020, 07:04 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Police brutality
based on what?

i give you credit for answering, although it’s an absurdly wrong answer.

in 2018, there were 7,400 black homicide victims.

i know math isn’t a strong suit for liberals, so here is a lesson.

9 < 7,400.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:17 AM   #7
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
based on what?

i give you credit for answering, although it’s an absurdly wrong answer.

in 2018, there were 7,400 black homicide victims.

i know math isn’t a strong suit for liberals, so here is a lesson.

9 < 7,400.

Before you dissect my point with in-line commentary and try to somehow prove it wrong, imagine for a second that I might be right. Imagine that simply saying, “you’re right, this is complex” might be a massive step forward for the way ideas are shared on this site. Imagine that not trying to argue this point might be ok.

The point has been made over and over: You’re comparing apples to oranges.

This isn’t a debate about “black homicide victims”, it’s about a law enforcement system (not just police) that is under scrutiny for failing to regard human life the same way for people of color as it does for white people.

That doesn’t mean every person of color who dies has to be unjustified, or at the hands of law enforcement, or even at the hands of a white person. It just means that if there is evidence of a system that unfairly victimizes people of color, people dying as a result of that system adds fuel to the fire. Incarceration, brutality and harassment is one thing, but when people die, you can’t take that back. You can’t apologize.

It’s ok to support the point I made above AND have regard for the lives of everyone else on the planet. It’s OK to support the point I made above and believe that repairing inner city communities still needs to happen. It’s even OK to support the point I made above and disagree with every other word that has come out my my keyboard on this site ever.

But when you disagree with that point, and pick it apart, it makes you look like a hypocrite when you choose the next moment to bash someone on here for being a liberal sissy thumb suc-k-er for having their own opinion and believing in something. Freedom of opinion goes both ways.

Regard for human life should too.