Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-23-2020, 07:58 PM   #151
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Every American who supports Trump should never be allowed to forget what just happened on that stage. After all the offenses against the nation and the Constitution, he refuses to commit to a peaceful transfer of power. If you support this man, you cannot call yourself a patriot.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Can’t cover it up, Russian troll

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2020, 08:00 PM   #152
detbuch

Quote:
Sure
Yup
Old 09-23-2020, 08:03 PM   #153
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
More blah, blah
Fundamental to democracy is the peaceful transition of power; without that, there is Belarus. Any suggestion that a president might not respect this Constitutional guarantee is both unthinkable and unacceptable. Oh, that’s Romney, he’s not a true believer
GFY

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2020, 08:20 PM   #154
detbuch

Quote:
Fundamental to democracy is the peaceful transition of power; without that, there is Belarus. Any suggestion that a president might not respect this Constitutional guarantee is both unthinkable and unacceptable. Oh, that’s Romney, he’s not a true believer
GFY
Asking Trump if he will commit to a peaceful transition of power is provocative, accusational, and just plain rude. This is not a usual question asked of Presidents. Trump should answer such a question with your above GFY.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:35 PM   #155
Pete F.
Canceled

We will know shortly how Tweety will act and act accordingly
Old 09-24-2020, 04:50 AM   #156
scottw

Quote:
We will know shortly how Tweety will act and act accordingly
we already know how the democrats and their mobs will act if they lose
Old 09-24-2020, 04:51 AM   #157
scottw

Quote:
Asking Trump if he will commit to a peaceful transition of power is provocative, accusational, and just plain rude. This is not a usual question asked of Presidents. Trump should answer such a question with your above GFY.
pete is a little overdramatic
Old 09-24-2020, 05:16 AM   #158
scottw

Quote:

Fundamental to democracy is the peaceful transition of power

you know that it's the left that is warning that unless weekend at biden's wins in a landslide they will burn it all down....right?
Old 09-24-2020, 06:46 AM   #159
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
we already know how the democrats and their mobs will act if they lose
The noise will be deafening as the sound of millions of "Binkies" are spit from their mouths as they fall to the ground to begin flailing their arms and legs in a wild display of "It's not fair"

The good news is that Climate Change should improve as millions hold their breath until they turn blue.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-24-2020, 07:14 AM   #160
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Maybe so, but in asking the question, he got Trump to say out loud what many have suspected a want to be dictator was really thinking. Trump has such a thin skin he just can’t handle tough questions and a president should not be making a concerted effort to keep people from voting, but he has been doing it for the better part of a year.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:21 AM   #161
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Maybe so, but in asking the question, he got Trump to say out loud what many have suspected a want to be dictator was really thinking. Trump has such a thin skin he just can’t handle tough questions and a president should not be making a concerted effort to keep people from voting, but he has been doing it for the better part of a year.
this is stupid

nobody is trying to keep anyone from voting....

everywhere I turn someone or some ad is telling me I need to vote, asking me if I've registered...my reply is...wait...is this an election year??...who knew??? GFY and mind your own business
Old 09-24-2020, 07:37 AM   #162
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
this is stupid

nobody is trying to keep anyone from voting....

everywhere I turn someone or some ad is telling me I need to vote, asking me if I've registered...my reply is...wait...is this an election year??...who knew??? GFY and mind your own business
Thought you were brighter and would understand that effort to get out the vote is required to negate Trumps efforts to suppress the vote.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:45 AM   #163
scottw

Quote:
Thought you were brighter and would understand that effort to get out the vote is required to negate Trumps efforts to suppress the vote.
trump can't keep anyone from voting...this is stupid
Old 09-24-2020, 08:09 AM   #164
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
trump can't keep anyone from voting...this is stupid
Oh I know, just like he can't convince the weak minded or mindless minions the virus was a hoax and nobody needs a mask. The forest is just behind the tree line your focused on.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:32 AM   #165
scottw

Quote:
Oh I know, just like he can't convince the weak minded or mindless minions the virus was a hoax and nobody needs a mask. The forest is just behind the tree line your focused on.
let me know when and how trump prevents you from voting in november
Old 09-24-2020, 09:40 AM   #166
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Won’t stop me but he is in court trying to stop mail in ballots and constantly tying to convince the American public it’s not valid and let’s not forget the postal service. Keep believing he is there to protect ALL Americans rights, not unless your in a state with the right color.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:25 AM   #167
PaulS

Quote:
Won’t stop me but he is in court trying to stop mail in ballots and constantly tying to convince the American public it’s not valid and let’s not forget the postal service. Keep believing he is there to protect ALL Americans rights, not unless your in a state with the right color.
I used to think Scott was smarter but I question that now.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:42 AM   #168
detbuch

Quote:
He never said the virus was a hoax. He is not against anyone wearing a mask.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:47 AM   #169
detbuch

Quote:
He is not trying to stop all mail in ballots. Mass mail in is susceptible to fraud and even more susceptible to error and to prolonged confusion and disqualification of ballots. Anti-Trump media denies this. But other media doesn't. The Court can decide. Trump alone cannot do it.

In any case stopping mass mail in votes does not stop people from voting.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:31 AM   #170
scottw

Quote:

Won’t stop me
right...can't stop you...but...everyone else he can stop from voting...
Old 09-30-2020, 09:18 PM   #171
Pete F.
Canceled

Report on CNBC right now of a hospital in Green Bay, WI that is over 100% capacity.

The president is holding a rally in Green Bay this weekend and local officials are concerned it will be a super spreader event.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:23 PM   #172
detbuch

Quote:
Report on CNBC right now of a hospital in Green Bay, WI that is over 100% capacity.

The president is holding a rally in Green Bay this weekend and local officials are concerned it will be a super spreader event.
And yet another sterling and timely report by PeteF. We don't need the fake news media. Pete has it covered.
Old 09-30-2020, 11:05 PM   #173
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s weird how Trump’s “accidental misstatements” always read like an endorsement of white supremacy. You’d think if they were all misstatements he’d occasionally also “accidentally” condemn white supremacy.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:12 AM   #174
detbuch

Quote:
It’s weird how Trump’s “accidental misstatements” always read like an endorsement of white supremacy. You’d think if they were all misstatements he’d occasionally also “accidentally” condemn white supremacy.
Trump said on Aug. 14, 2017: Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

Trump said on Aug. 15, 2017: I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally.

After nearly two dozen people were killed on Aug. 3, 2019, in a shooting at a Wal-Mart in El Paso, Trump said: “The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate. In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart, and devours the soul. We have asked the FBI to identify all further resources they need to investigate and disrupt hate crimes and domestic terrorism — whatever they need.”

And this: https://centipedenation.com/second-c...ders-20-times/

And this:

Last edited by detbuch; 10-01-2020 at 01:17 AM..
Old 10-01-2020, 06:28 AM   #175
Pete F.
Canceled

Yesterday, Trump didn't only refuse again to condemn white supremacists; it's much worse. He told them to prepare for violence.

And who are these Proud Boys that he doesn’t know?

SUMMARY:
The Proud Boys are a nationalistic, anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant, misogynistic, fascist hate group founded in 2016 by Gavin McInnes. McInnes is a Canadian radio and podcast host previously for RebelMedia and also co-founded Vice Media in 1994 but left the company in 2008 due to "creative differences". McInnes describes the Proud Boys as a pro-Western fraternal organization for men who refuse to apologize for creating the modern world, or as he calls the group, Western Chauvinists.
CORE COMPOSITIONThe group has a hierarchical structure, involving 10 levels of membership. In order to obtain the fourth level of membership one must commit an act of violence. Its worth noting that the 5-10 degrees of membership are kept secret. It may seem counter intuitive that Proud Boys, a primarily White Nationalist movement, would have any supporters of different races but Proud Boys are at its core Fascist - a key component of their support…
Old 10-01-2020, 08:39 AM   #176
wdmso

Quote:
He is not trying to stop all mail in ballots. Mass mail in is susceptible to fraud and even more susceptible to error and to prolonged confusion and disqualification of ballots. Anti-Trump media denies this. But other media doesn't. The Court can decide. Trump alone cannot do it.

In any case stopping mass mail in votes does not stop people from voting.
And you know the reasons why Trumps not going to court in Ma

And the reasons he's only in court. In swing states. Its to supress the vote our own POTUS has keeps trying to delegitimize the election in case he losses .but if. Wins the system is fine??? that is Clear for anyone who actually looks

In any case stopping mass mail in votes does not stop people from voting.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does. And several states all ready vote 99 % by mail

The difference is, in an all vote-by-mail election, voters don't have to request an absentee ballot. As long as they're a registered voter, they're automatically mailed one.
So these ballots are not just being sent randomly to unregistered voters

Sure some will be dead some will have moved thats not fraud.. that happens with Ss checks its called normal. And spread that across a country of 300 million people and all the states if you think that these incidents will
Change the outcome of the elections then your the same kind of person
Who thinks the only way Trump .lost out on the popular vote was because illegals Voting .. funny no mention of illegals voting yet
Old 10-01-2020, 08:41 AM   #177
detbuch

Quote:
Yesterday, Trump didn't only refuse again to condemn white supremacists; it's much worse. He told them to prepare for violence.
This insane. He has condemned white supremacists, bigotry, racism, several times. Did you even notice the post just before yours. His repeated rejection of these things is on printed record and on video, easily found IF YOU HAVE THE HONESTY TO SEEK THE TRUTH RATHER THAN JUST KEEP REPEATING IGNORANT LIES.

And he didn't tell the Proud Boys to prepare for violence, he told them to refrain from it. Wallace's question about condemning white supremacists included have them "stand down." So, after asking Wallace to name who he meant, and Biden blurted out Proud Boys, Trump acceded to both, using their language of "stand down" and "Proud Boys", and told the Proud boys to stand back and stand by. He later explained, when asked by a reporter, that they should stand aside and let law enforcement do its job.

But you have an agenda to push, don't you.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:16 AM   #178
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

And who are these Proud Boys that he doesn’t know?

SUMMARY:
The Proud Boys are a nationalistic, anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant, misogynistic, fascist hate group founded in 2016 by Gavin McInnes. McInnes is a Canadian radio and podcast host previously for RebelMedia and also co-founded Vice Media in 1994 but left the company in 2008 due to "creative differences". McInnes describes the Proud Boys as a pro-Western fraternal organization for men who refuse to apologize for creating the modern world, or as he calls the group, Western Chauvinists.
CORE COMPOSITIONThe group has a hierarchical structure, involving 10 levels of membership. In order to obtain the fourth level of membership one must commit an act of violence. Its worth noting that the 5-10 degrees of membership are kept secret. It may seem counter intuitive that Proud Boys, a primarily White Nationalist movement, would have any supporters of different races but Proud Boys are at its core Fascist - a key component of their support…
I put the part back that you failed to quote

Here’s what he said.........

Trump: Proud Boys? Stand back and stand by, but I’ll tell you what, I’ll tell you what, somebody’s gotta do something about Antifa and the left, because this is not a right wing problem, this is a left-wing problem.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-01-2020, 09:44 AM   #179
detbuch

Quote:
I put the part back that you failed to quote

Here’s what he said.........

Trump: Proud Boys? Stand back and stand by, but I’ll tell you what, I’ll tell you what, somebody’s gotta do something about Antifa and the left, because this is not a right wing problem, this is a left-wing problem.”
There was no need to quote what you already quoted. I didn't consider it relevant to respond to a summary of who the Proud Boys are. I responded to your characterization of what Trump said. He did not tell them to prepare for violence. I explained why he referred to the Proud Boys and why he used the phrase stand back and stand by. And Trump explained what he meant by that phrase when asked by a reporter. But you will have none of that. You will press for your interpretation, as if you know what Trump meant better than Trump knowing what he meant. And, of course, your interpretations of Trumps words always put him in the evil light you prefer and which will fit your orange man bad narrative.

As for your insistence that he has not condemned white supremacists, you fail to respond to all the instances I posted of him doing that many times. You demonstrate a blind bigotry similar to the bigotry you ascribe to Trump. You keep repeating obvious lies in order to maintain the validity of your false narrative.

Respond to post #175 of this thread if you want show us at least a semblance of honesty.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:30 AM   #180
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
There was no need to quote what you already quoted. I didn't consider it relevant to respond to a summary of who the Proud Boys are. I responded to your characterization of what Trump said. He did not tell them to prepare for violence. I explained why he referred to the Proud Boys and why he used the phrase stand back and stand by. The definition of Stand-by is: readiness for duty or immediate deployment, a person or thing ready to be deployed immediately, especially if needed as backup in an emergency. And Trump explained what he meant by that phrase when asked by a reporter. But you will have none of that. You will press for your interpretation, as if you know what Trump meant better than Trump knowing what he meant. And, of course, your interpretations of Trumps words always put him in the evil light you prefer and which will fit your orange man bad narrative.

As for your insistence that he has not condemned white supremacists, you fail to respond to all the instances I posted of him doing that many times. You demonstrate a blind bigotry similar to the bigotry you ascribe to Trump. You keep repeating obvious lies in order to maintain the validity of your false narrative.

Respond to post #175 of this thread if you want show us at least a semblance of honesty.
So you'll claim that it’s actually Democrats and the left who incite racism by… bringing up racism.
It’s clever rhetoric — by claiming that progressives see everything as racist, then nothing ever can be. The truth is far more clear-cut.

Trump says Mexicans are rapists, that white supremacists are “very fine people,” and that Muslims don’t belong in America. He believes protesters should be roughed up, that majority-Black neighborhoods are dangerous, and that the exonerated Central Park Five are guilty.
The president doesn’t need to yell a racial slur for us to know he’s a racist — his dog whistles relay the same message while giving himself and his supporters plausible deniability and a semblance of honesty.

#175 is the post I quoted

Here's a little more Proud Boy info for you
Only hours after President Donald Trump gave a debate-stage nod to the extremist group the Proud Boys he’s now claiming he doesn’t know who they are.

“I don’t know who the Proud Boys are. You’ll have to give me a definition because I really don’t know who they are,” Trump told reporters on Wednesday.

One could assume that nobody in the White House discussed this among other things re the debate with him since the event, if you are really obtuse.

However even if you accept that nobody in his political sphere said anything about his comment on the Proud Boys, his connection to his old friend, political operative Roger Stone, suggests otherwise.

Stone has long been a supporter of the violent group which describes itself as “Western chauvinists” and “anti-white guilt.”

The ADL reports that Stone has invited the groups leaders into his home, used them as private security at his events, accepted their support during his trial under the Mueller investigation and even allowed the group to share a video of him reciting their initiation mantra. “Hi, I’m Roger Stone. I’m a Western chauvinist, and I refuse to apologize for creating the modern world,” he said into the camera in a now-deleted YouTube video.

Earlier this summer, shortly before Trump commuted Stone’s prison sentence, Stone was kicked off Facebook as part of the social media giant’s investigation into the Proud Boys’ online activities. They found dozens of fictitious accounts linked to Stone which would post and comment on Proud Boys material to make it seem more popular than it is.

In addition, just last week the Honolulu Civil beat reported that Stone has endorsed Nick Ochs, founder of the Proud Boys’ Hawaii chapter, as a Republican candidate for Hawaii’s state legislature.

Stone is a close friend of the Proud Boys’ current leader Enrique Tarrio, who replaced the group’s founder Gavin McInnes. At a 2019 Trump rally in Miami, Tarrio had a high-profile seat directly behind the president where he wore a T-shirt which read “Roger Stone did nothing wrong.”
Enrique Tarrios is also head of the Florida chapter of Latinos for Trump, now given his current push in Florida with the Latin community, I would not be surprised to find that they have spoken.

Lets Go Darwin