Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-13-2020, 06:03 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Perhaps you should read the minority opinion of cases you think were decided incorrectly or are they only bad when you disagree with them then it’s legislating from the bench, not upholding the Constitution.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
if a bunch of white firefighters study their azzes off for a lieutenant test, and they happen to get the highest scores fair and square...on a test that the city paid facial consultants to ensure it wasn’t biased
in favor of whites...and the honkeys are denied the promotion based solely on their whiteness...how can that possibly be constitutional?
Old 10-13-2020, 09:19 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
if a bunch of white firefighters study their azzes off for a lieutenant test, and they happen to get the highest scores fair and square...on a test that the city paid facial consultants to ensure it wasn’t biased
in favor of whites...and the honkeys are denied the promotion based solely on their whiteness...how can that possibly be constitutional?
White greviences are not in the constitution nor are white fire fighters mentioned so if your an originalist you cant use that argument
Old 10-13-2020, 09:54 AM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
White greviences are not in the constitution nor are white fire fighters mentioned so if your an originalist you cant use that argument

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-13-2020, 10:17 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

No kidding. Take a civics class for gods sake. Or take the time to read the constitution, instead of letting Rachael Maddow tell you what it says.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:16 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
But anti discrimination laws are in the constitution. And the equal protection clause, means that everyone is free from discrimination, even white firefighters. This is news to you?.

You're having a rough time on this thread, you can't shred what I'm saying this time, you really can't.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:35 PM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
But anti discrimination laws are in the constitution. And the equal protection clause, means that everyone is free from discrimination, even white firefighters. This is news to you?.

You're having a rough time on this thread, you can't shred what I'm saying this time, you really can't.
seems you havent been paying attention

Marriage equality under threat from Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito
Old 10-13-2020, 12:41 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
seems you havent been paying attention

Marriage equality under threat from Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito
First, I am 100% in favor of gay marriage, and I was so when 96% of democrats still opposed it.

That being said, discrimination is what happens when you treat two things differently, when they are the same. For example, a white firefighter seeking a promotion and a black firefighter seeking a promotion, are similar, there's no logical basis to treat them differently (even though the liberals who run the city of New Haven, as well as the liberals on the SCOTUS, wanted them treated differently).

An argument can be made, that a heterosexual couple is meaningfully different than a homosexual couple, in that one can produce life (which we, you know, need in order to exist) and one cannot. Treating things differently when they are in fact different, could be construed as not being discriminatory.

I don't make that argument, but I see some merit in it.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:22 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
You'd be hard-pressed to find a more constitutionally ignorant post on the entire Internet today.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:51 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
You'd be hard-pressed to find a more constitutionally ignorant post on the entire Internet today.
your the ignorant one who cant tell sarcasm from being serious
Old 10-13-2020, 01:01 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
your the ignorant one who cant tell sarcasm from being serious
no one thought you were being sarcastic.