Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-05-2020, 09:55 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Obviously rounding the corner

The United States reported 102,831 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, the highest number of new cases in a single day since the pandemic began.

But, but, but, I was told that it was going away on November 4th. That it was all a hoax. That it was all the media. Covita said so.
Do death rates (which are dropping) matter at all? Or is all that matters, the number of people who get it?
Old 11-05-2020, 10:01 AM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Do death rates (which are dropping) matter at all? Or is all that matters, the number of people who get it?
the non-mask wearing conservative republican states of Illinios, Wisconsin and California occupied three of the top 4 spots for new cases yesterday...
Old 11-05-2020, 10:03 AM   #3
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Yes, it matters. The only two metrics that matter are not cases and deaths however.
Given the relatively high percentage of what seem to be longer term complications for many people, that aren't deadly but still serious, this deserves a fair amount of caution still.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-05-2020, 10:23 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
, this deserves a fair amount of caution still.
Agreed 100%. I'm responding to the kooks here who believe that overall case counts are all that matter.

The one voice of reason here on the left.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:37 AM   #5
spence

Quote:
Agreed 100%. I'm responding to the kooks here who believe that overall case counts are all that matter.
I don't know anyone who thinks overall case counts are all that matter. Positivity rate is a big factor. You would think that with increased testing the positivity rate would be going down if the virus was under control but it's actually going up which is really bad.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:04 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't know anyone who thinks overall case counts are all that matter. Positivity rate is a big factor. You would think that with increased testing the positivity rate would be going down if the virus was under control but it's actually going up which is really bad.
When has Pete posted about anything else?