Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 08-29-2004, 03:10 PM   #1
Karl F

Unhappy %@#**$! Washin' Machine & Sundays

OK-----> planned a lazy Sunday, phone rings at 7:30 AM, so much for sleepin' in. Do errands, go to dump, feed dog, grab lunch, think I'll go downstairs and paint some plugs..... wife's doing laundry and ------> grind, crunch, clank, SCHNUCK! Stop.
'Course the thing puked full of water, and nothing moves.... take clothes out, bail it out, smell like burning rubber, so after I bail it out, check belt, belt OK-----> pump frigged up, take pump out, have to wait till tomorrow to find one..... go to laundry mat, hang wit da Jamaicans mun, and ring de clothes out, ( wish I had a little of that caribean soul, no problem, mun) come back home, throw in dryer.
Last Sunday, get me truck hit, today... this.... So much for relaxing Sunday's.....I go paint plugs now, meybe, that will; make me feel better.
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 07:10 PM   #2
Flaptail

Talking

If it's any consolation I think the new doo' is you man!

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 07:43 PM   #3
Karl F

Red face

Thanks Flap... Last May, sitting in the barber chair, realized I was heading towards that place a lot of guys pushin' 50 end up, (moving the hair over other areas), took a look in the mirror, said, Not me,-----> told the barber, keep a cuttin', glad I did it, and don't really care what it looks like, LOVE the low maintenence, wash and go.....

Painting went pissa, these will look nice..... (how'd that get in the grump room.... scoot!)
Old 08-29-2004, 07:45 PM   #4
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Pictures please!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 07:51 PM   #5
Karl F

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFish
Pictures please!
Old 08-29-2004, 09:01 PM   #6
Maloney

Gotta make a road trip to see the new Do.
Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 09:42 PM   #7
Karl F

Maloney
I know I had the "new" look, when I saw you on the beach last........ kinda a whiffle meets flat top, it was either Tagger, or maybe Flap, the other night, dubbed it the D.I. cut.... low maintenence, throw away the combs and brush... if I was as brave as BM, I'd go as tight as he did, he took his hat off the other night, looked like a one day stubble!
Old 08-29-2004, 10:23 PM   #8
Maloney

thought you went extreme...
Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 05:24 AM   #9
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

buncha copycats

MACH 3 PLUS

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 02:19 PM   #10
Karl F

Salty, I still have some hair showing, not shaving head yet, like you. I tried golf a long time ago, took a lot of divots, 'fraid I'd do the same with a razor

Back to Grumpage...... went to my favorite appliance parts place over in Harwich, people I'd dealt with before weren't in, nice young gal with a schematic of my machine on the PC, can't buy a pump, only pieces, and have to specify each one ya need, plus it would take 10 business days to ship....... OK, back to the bench..... take pump apart, housing fine/ impellor fine/ gasket fine/ no crap in unit/----> vbelt pully tight and draggin on housing, ???? can't get the thing off, no how, no way.... some kind of serated gadget slipping out from under pully rammed up tight to housing... Drive the thing back up into/underneath pully, away from housing, in there tight.
Spins nice and free now, no noise------>

Put impellor, gasket, and plastic housing back together, still spins free, no drag, or rubbing, you could see where that serated thing was chewing into the metal half of the housing...... assemble machine, still not sure I did it OK, put belt on, hook up, everything seems OK..... on second wash load now, since reassembly, Wife says the thing never ran so quiet WTF?

Any applience guys know what I did... right, meybe?

Good news is the appraiser checked out my truck, the body shop called, had an opening, it's there getting fixed NOW!

Better part of 2 days off over this washer thing, at least no money out of pocket.... hope what I did was right..........