Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 01-31-2005, 04:15 PM   #31
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

Thumbs up

T,

I got the auto, they had no manuals when I went and I needed a truck baaad.. My civic was manual(197k original clutch) and I kinda miss the manual at times, but when Im in traffic I dont miss the 1st, cruise, 1st, cruise, 1st, stop... 1st.. cruise junk Im happy with mine , does what I need, standard cab nothin fancy just tossed an mp3 player in it and I'll probably toss a regular cap on it whenever I get around to it no hurry : ) Good luck with your search

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 05:28 PM   #32
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally posted by chris L
with a 22E engine ? that engine is killer the body would rot away after years and the negine just keeps on ticking . Just changed the oil and it ran for ever .
Mine is 100% rust free, but I have a pretty cool rack body I fabricated on it instead of the origional bed.

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 06:29 PM   #33
Jenn

Get the Feeling........
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:58 PM   #34
KLMulder
I fart in your general direction!!!

I am in sales at Toyota of Newport, if you need any help, info or advice send me a PM. I will help you all I can even if you are not getting it from me. I have access in the true invoice!!!!!! not the BS that the car buying sites put out.

KL

"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

Go Yankee's
KLMulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:13 AM   #35
Diamond Tackle

Add me to the list of satisfied toyata owners.
My 96 toyota tacoma 4 cyl, 5 speed has 215,000 hard miles on her, and she is doing just fine. Does not burn a drop of oil. original clutch ,water pump,and most everything else. I broke the rear leaf springs because someone decided he would try to see if she could hold 2000 lbs in the bed, she did ,but the spings snapped. Only big job was the front wheel bearings which were a royal pain in the arse to press out & required a special tool,a 2 weekend job. That was at about 150K miles.Since then everything has been smooth.

Diamond Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 07:08 AM   #36
tlapinski
All up in the Interweb!

Well, I am pretty much getting the truck thanks to all the high praise from you guys on this ride. Going tonight to have them look at my trade in and see how bad they bend me over. I owe a little over "average trade-in value", but that is still below "average retail". I just hope I don't get screwed too bad on the deal. I know the manager of the dealership, so I am hoping she'll help me out. I forgot how much I really hate the whole car buying process. Thanks again!

Co-Host of The Surfcast Podcast

"Out there in the surf is where it's at, that's where the line gets drawn in the sand between those who talk fishing and those who live it."
- a wise man.

One good fish, a sharpie does not make...

Certified rock hopping billy goat.
tlapinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:15 AM   #37
Clammer

Truck

If you really want a pleasant experieance [sp] & no bull%$%$%$%$ //you should take to KL / my wife & I both had our best car shopping ever //with him //
I know he has two 2002 xtrcabs 4X$

4cyl stick & a 6 cyl stick //

good luck

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:28 AM   #38
tlapinski
All up in the Interweb!

Clammer, if Newport wasn't 2.5 hours away, I would definately be there. Thanks though!

Co-Host of The Surfcast Podcast

"Out there in the surf is where it's at, that's where the line gets drawn in the sand between those who talk fishing and those who live it."
- a wise man.

One good fish, a sharpie does not make...

Certified rock hopping billy goat.
tlapinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:58 AM   #39
chris L

Quote:
Originally posted by Raider Ronnie
Mine is 100% rust free, but I have a pretty cool rack body I fabricated on it instead of the origional bed.
thats why its rust free . they had problems with the beds rusting away . mine did after 248000 miles
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:15 AM   #40
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Good luck with it, Toby. My experience is, if you get a good deal on the purchase, they'll whack you on the trade-in. I've never traded in a car when buying a new one. Always sold it privately afterwards.

My ex-wife was a pissah--she'd go in and get a great deal, then bite like a bluefish at all of the crap they try to sell you when you meet the sales manager---rustproofing/extended warranties/alarms and the like, the things you can ALWAYS get cheaper aftermarket
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:17 AM   #41
Moses

Tlapinski:

Good luck with your purchase. I'm scheduled to pick up my 2005 Toyota Tacoma 4WD Doublecab this thursday. It's the new 4 liter 6 cyl. I've been looking for a mid-size pickup truck for months now. I've test driven just about everything and was truly impressed with the Toyota. Plus, my brother in law owns a dealership in VA so he gave me the inside scoop, etc...

Mike Malone
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:27 AM   #42
chris L

make the best deal you can without a trade in and then after the deal is made then tell him you have a trade in . also get a deal with them financing the buy and then pay it off with a cheaper loan from elsewhere . just dont sign anything until you get what you want .

unfortunately its always a dog eat dog show down . Wish they werent like that !
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:46 AM   #43
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Done it that way too, Chris. They will still low-ball you on the trade-in. We negotiated the sale on the ex's Lumina, then asked what they'd offer in trade on her 86 Camry when we went in to pick it up. They offered $1300. We sold it privately for $2400.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:48 AM   #44
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moses
Tlapinski:

Good luck with your purchase. I'm scheduled to pick up my 2005 Toyota Tacoma 4WD Doublecab this thursday. It's the new 4 liter 6 cyl. I've been looking for a mid-size pickup truck for months now. I've test driven just about everything and was truly impressed with the Toyota. Plus, my brother in law owns a dealership in VA so he gave me the inside scoop, etc...

Thats the same truck I'm looking at....so whats the inside scoop?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:20 AM   #45
Moses

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dad Fisherman
Thats the same truck I'm looking at....so whats the inside scoop?
The main dealership he runs is Toyota but he also oversees Dodge, Chevy. So he has access to invoice and cost numbers as well as "material" that lists pros of one vs a similar model. I told him exactly what I was looking for (color, options packages - SR5 package #8, accesories) and he provided me a cost figure.

Besides getting a great $$ deal from a close friend of his locally around here, the resale value and quality of Toyota far exceeds any others in it's class.

Anything else PM me...

Mike Malone
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:40 PM   #46
Clammer

TL /when I bought my first one /I asked a few Toy owners // about dealers / prices /etc //
they all said about the same thing ===get the best deal you can ==go for it =======you,ll never be back to the dealer anyway ==== 5 trucks & 4 dealers later =they were right

Mike

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:26 PM   #47
5/0
Eels

Quote:
Originally posted by cheferson
4 cyl s-10's suck, no sack
Ahhh mine is a 4cyl 5 spd. I put a cold air induction w/ a K&N Air filter changed water pump & Altinator pully I squeezed out 20-25 more HP.Plus IM getting 26-28 MPG and I have a 146,000 on it.

My Truck has a good track record I have only changed My upper & lower drriverside Ball joints,water pump,front rotors/pads.It's getting ready for an altinator & battery.Hey for a 1996 with 146,000 I have no complaints

Stay with American
Good luck with your choice,either way I hope you get what you want.

5/0

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 08:11 AM   #48
Joe

My old bass-mobile was 4C Toyota truck....
Bought it new in 89 as an 88 leftover....

I sold it a little over a year ago - 215,000 miles

I got 15 years of solid fishing service for $8200 - my only regret is that I did not buy two and put the second one on blocks in the garage.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 05:00 PM   #49
j35

pm sent

kl mulder- pm sent
j35 is offline   Reply With Quote