Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 09-13-2005, 04:30 PM   #1
"uffah!!"

Dummy-crats take control in New Orleans

See what happens when Dummy-crats take control:

Last edited by "uffah!!"; 09-04-2006 at 10:14 AM..
"uffah!!" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Uffah - Scuppers please.... At least fishing related stuff in the main forum...

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:03 PM   #3
greenmeanie

You now get to join the crap list with me LOL. They are all Dummy craps on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uffah!!
See what happens when Dummy-crats take control:
greenmeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:54 AM   #4
outfished

There will be a major constitutional debate before this is over in N.O. and the rest of the country.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed".

This was and is a complete breakdown of the second amendment and there will be hell to pay. The government has led us to believe they would "protect" us in such events, to depend on them. Where where they? Then when they do show up they disarm property and business owners then throw them out. It just goes to show you when the chit hits the fan it's every man for himself.

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
outfished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:23 AM   #5
Nebe

hmm there are 9 year old girls being raped, people looting businesses thugs shooting at cops, rescue choopers being shot at..... i think i would take their guns away dont you????
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:28 AM   #6
outfished

I'm not talking about the thugs here. I'm talking about the legitimate business and property owners having their rights taken away. If you had a nine year old daughter being raped and you had a gun, what would you do? Call the officials?

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:42 AM   #7
Nebe

i'd shoot the bastage. and your right, the business owners should keep their guns...
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:21 AM   #8
Raven

Angry shoot him where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe
i'd shoot the bastage. and your right, the business owners should keep their guns...
i'd shoot the bastard five times but with no intent to kill him. i want him to endlessly suffer and at the same time not be able to run away.

one shot in each ankle ,one shot in each kneecap, and you know where the last shot is going.

and if you'll notice the websters definition....an offensive person...
yes my Daughter would have been seriously offended as well
and her father would be seriously offended and i would shoot him 5 times in my daughters self defense first ...then..... i'd call the officials.
i'd want him to live with the pain and suffering for the rest of his miserable life that my daughter would experience for her whole life.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bastard.gif
Views:	223
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	10719  
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #9
Jimbo

Not sure who authored it but

an interesting perspective on the breakdown and cause of the post-Katrina situation down south:
In his 1935 State of the Union Address, FDR spoke to a nation mired in the Depression, but still marinated in conservative values:
"Continued dependence upon welfare," said FDR, "induces a spiritual disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole our relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."
Behind FDR's statement was the conviction that, while the government must step in in an emergency, in normal times, men provide the food, clothing and shelter for their families.
And we did, until the war pulled us out of the Depression and a postwar boom made us, in John K. Galbraith's phrase, "The Affluent Society." By the 1960s, America, the richest country on earth, was growing ever more prosperous. But with the 1964 landslide of LBJ, liberalism triumphed and began its great experiment.
Behind the Great Society was a great idea: to lift America's poor out of poverty, government should now take care of all their basic needs. By giving the poor welfare, subsidized food, public housing and free medical care, government will end poverty in America.
At the Superdome and New Orleans Convention Center, we saw the failure of 40 years of the Great Society. No sooner had Katrina passed by and the 17th Street levee broke than hundreds of young men who should have taken charge in helping the aged, the sick and the women with babies to safety took to the streets to shoot, loot and rape. The New Orleans police, their numbers cut by deserters who left their posts to look after their families, engaged in running gun battles all day long to stay alive and protect people.
It was the character and conduct of its people that makes the New Orleans disaster unique. After a hurricane, people's needs are simple: food, water, shelter, medical attention. But they can be hard to meet. People buried in rubble or hiding in attics of flooded homes are tough to get to. But, even with the incompetence of the mayor and governor, and the torpor of federal officials, this was possible.
Coast Guard helicopters were operating Tuesday. There were roads open into the city for SUVs, buses and trucks. While New Orleans was flooded, the water was stagnant. People walked through to the convention center and Superdome. The flimsiest boat could navigate.
Even if government dithered for days – what else is new – this does not explain the failure of the people themselves.
Between 1865 and 1940, the South – having lost a fourth of its best and bravest in battle, devastated by war, mired in poverty – was famous for the hardy self-reliance of her people, black and white.
In 1940, hundreds of British fishermen and yachtsmen sailed back and forth daily under fire across a turbulent 23-mile Channel to rescue 300,000 soldiers from Dunkirk. How do we explain to the world that a tenth that number of Americans could not be reached in four days from across a stagnant pond?
The real disaster of Katrina was that society broke down. An entire community could not cope. Liberalism, the idea that good intentions and government programs can build a Great Society, was exposed as fraud. After trillions of tax dollars for welfare, food stamps, public housing, job training and education have poured out since 1965, poverty remains pandemic. But today, when the police vanish, the community disappears and men take to the streets to prey on women and the weak.
Stranded for days in a pool of fetid water, almost everyone waited for the government to come save them. They screamed into the cameras for help, and the reporters screamed into the cameras for help, and the "civil rights leaders" screamed into the cameras that Bush was responsible and Bush was a racist.
Americans were once famous for taking the initiative, for having young leaders rise up to take command in a crisis. See any of that at the Superdome? Sri Lankans and Indonesians, far poorer than we, did not behave like this in a tsunami that took 400 times as many lives as Katrina has thus far.
We are the descendants of men and women who braved the North Atlantic in wooden boats to build a country in a strange land. Our ancestors traveled thousands of miles in covered wagons, fighting off Indians far braver than those cowards preying on New Orleans' poor.
Watching that performance in the Crescent City, it seems clear: We are not the people our parents were. And what are all our Lords Temporal now howling for? Though government failed at every level, they want more government.
FDR was right. A "spiritual disintegration" has overtaken us. Government-as-first provider, the big idea of the Great Society, has proven to be "a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."
Either we get off this narcotic, or it kills us.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:35 AM   #10
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
i'd shoot the bastard five times but with no intent to kill him. i want him to endlessly suffer and at the same time not be able to run away.
Not what you want to do......then he will be able to ID you and, because we live in this Lawyer heavy country, Sue your butt.

If you take out a gun you make sure you take him out.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #11
Raven

Thumbs up dad fisherman

having not thought through the lawyer ramification i must admit you are quite possibly right... thankyou for the reminder that even rapists can get off
with the right lawyer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
and jimbo "how do you explain to the world:
quote:
In 1940, hundreds of British fishermen and yachtsmen sailed back and forth daily under fire across a turbulent 23-mile Channel to rescue 300,000 soldiers from Dunkirk. How do we explain to the world that a tenth that number of Americans could not be reached in four days from across a stagnant pond?

because: We neglected to send in the fishermen.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:00 AM   #12
NaCl H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
and jimbo "how do you explain to the world:
quote:

because: We neglected to send in the fishermen.
I hear ya , but I think the point is that they didn't need to be sent.
NaCl H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:22 AM   #13
Jimbo

Not sure if the fishermen and yachters didn't need to be sent, let alone if their boats survived, I think it was more the case that historically in instances of extreme adversity, people may not have sat on their keesters pointing the finger of responsibility at each other while doing nothing.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #14
outfished

I actually saw in the news on the second and third day of the storm that there were convoy's of rowboats, johnboats and airboats heading into the floods to aid the stranded. Most were fisherman from neighboring towns.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:24 PM   #15
whiplash
Sand pounder

second ammendment violations

Isn't it a republican government ordering the removal of the weapons ? It goes along with the Ashcroft state of mind "we're the government - we can do what we want."
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:02 PM   #16
Pete_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash
Isn't it a republican government ordering the removal of the weapons ?
Heh, I was thinking the same thing reading this thread.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:13 PM   #17
outfished

Aren't the local police, sheriffs etc. under the rule of the governor and mayor who both happen to be democrats? I don't care which party ordered it, its not right.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:41 PM   #18
"uffah!!"

"Dummy-craps take control"(I like that better)

Outfished, thank you, it seems your the only one who is reading between the lines.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:19 PM   #19
Pete_G

Nagin was a Republican before running for mayor and is still a VERY conservative Democrat. He has endorsed both Democratic and Republican candidates since taking office.

Also that quoted text is pretty sad. How was someone going to step up and become a leader in the Superdome? What was someone going to do, build an ark and magically transport the sick and elderly in wheelchairs to safety? I don't get it. They had NOTHING. The gov't, on any level, had to help out, and these people had every right to expect help since they completely needed it. They had gone there for safety and were probably told not to bring personal possesions or anything else which made them dependant on the people protecting them.

The article itself says "Behind FDR's statement was the conviction that, while the government must step in in an emergency, in normal times, men provide the food, clothing and shelter for their families."

What, were these "normal times"?

Comparing the needs of post-Katrina victims to dependance on our f'd up welfare system, well, it's tough to say on a family board what I think about it. That article is just a few steps shy of racist as well, something the writer sometimes shows a touch of being. Pat Buchanan deserves a kick in the balls for writing that.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 02:36 AM   #20
Raven

Angry

except:

Pat's balls are made of steel....he had his shot and blew it.....and now the LBJ fan is making 4 times the money in the private (TV) sector shooting his mouth off and laughing all the way to the bank.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
all the rest of it is a blend of the Patriot act and skull and cross bones (Yale_ Salad
with W (dubya) ......M.....D..... salad dressing.

Just remember "all" the Australian guns were confiscated and destroyed.
~
'Well, George, I go in looking for prisoners,' said Perot, 'but I spend all my time discovering the government has been moving drugs around the world and is involved in illegal arms deals.... I can't get at the prisoners because of the corruption among our own people.'

.................................................. .................................................
Raven was the guy cleaning up broken sticks on our 1/4 mile driveway "after just completing that task".....when camo'd totally UN -marked ...cargo planes were brushing our Oak tree tops flying so close overhead you could bounce a rock off of the bottom of the plane. They were coming in from tecate, mexico flyin real low and slow.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:58 AM   #21
greenmeanie

The registered gun owners are not doing the shooting at the cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe
hmm there are 9 year old girls being raped, people looting businesses thugs shooting at cops, rescue choopers being shot at..... i think i would take their guns away dont you????
greenmeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 10:41 AM   #22
Raven

Angry excellent point

green meanie....

but generally it's the registered gun owners taking the heat with the next
revision of gun laws.

the democrats create fake associations too....

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1453800/posts
Old 10-23-2005, 02:00 PM   #23
"uffah!!"

Very simple answer;

Last edited by "uffah!!"; 09-04-2006 at 10:14 AM..