Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 09-25-2006, 12:40 PM   #1
Vectorfisher

RELAX

Boy look at all you Pats fans writing off your team in what the 3rd game??? Geez it is a long season and the Pats have a very week division so if Brady doesn't sever an artery before his next game (kidding) you guys will get into the playoffs and as we all know can be anyones game at that time. The Steelers don't look so hot right now (especially after yesterday) they are in the same shoes as the Pats Ben has no one to throw too, although right now he is a big part of the problem. So dont get ya panties all in a wad just yet, I do see a loss next week for you though, not sure your D can hold off Palmer and the 3 pretty dam good receivers they have. THINK BIG PICTURE
Vectorfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Exactly. Especially since their non-conference opponents are the NFC North. Which except for Chicago, probably includes three of the five worst teams in the NFL.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:58 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I'm not writing them off.....Just critiqueing a Bad Game. I'm not worried about them making the Playoffs.....But next week is going to be a tough challenge

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:22 PM   #4
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Yeah...just a bad game....what we can't comment on the quality of the game? Nobody I saw wrote them off?

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:29 PM   #5
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Not that I have a leg to stand on and knock other teams the way my Raiders look, but
The Pats are going to get their asses handed to them this coming week against what I consider to be the best team in the nfl right now and would have been in the superbowl last year if not for a cheap shot by Pitsburgh! The Bengals !!!

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #6
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

When was the last time the Pats lost 2 in row....5 years ago?

Old 09-25-2006, 04:37 PM   #7
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish
When was the last time the Pats lost 2 in row....5 years ago?

Larry,
The Pats will loose BIG to the Bengals this week!!!
I'm a Raiders fan NOT a Bengals fan, but they are the best team in the league, and Carson Palmer is on the best quarterbacks with a LOT of weapons !!!
Their defense is VERY good also, and the Pats defense is NO where near as good as they were a few years ago !!!

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 09-25-2006, 04:38 PM   #8
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

The Pats will beat them...Belechik has a way to get them motivated after a loss like that!

And no...no bets! Its too early for me to care enough for that...plus I am still fishing!

Old 09-25-2006, 04:44 PM   #9
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish
The Pats will beat them...Belechik has a way to get them motivated after a loss like that!

And no...no bets! Its too early for me to care enough for that...plus I am still fishing!
The Bengals are MUCH better the Bronkos,
Mark my words, The Bengals will beat the Pats!!!

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 09-25-2006, 05:12 PM   #10
Vermonter

Well it certainly didnt help matters that the Bengals got TJ Housa-----majingy back from injuries. Not easy having to cover 2 top WR's and stop a tough rushing game. RR is right in that Palmer now has a lot of good weapons to use. As for better teams, I would say the Denver D is better than Cincy's, the Denver offense cant even come close to that of the Bengals.

Be interesting to see how much of an underdog the Pats are on the betting line from Vegas. I'd guess they will be 2-2, but the schedule is more lenient down the road.
Vermonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:31 AM   #11
stormfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie
The Bengals are MUCH better the Bronkos,
Mark my words, The Bengals will beat the Pats!!!
You're just saying that because you're a Raiderz fan... I'm looking forward to see Denver spank Oakland twice this season! The Bengals offensively are better but Defensively I don't know. If the Pats can run the ball like Parker did then it should be a pretty close game.

fish when you can is the way I do it man
stormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:42 AM   #12
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I think it will be a lot closer than you think. Granted they are playing good but Big Ben was terrible last week and they didn't loose by much. Will have to run the ball better though. We'll see what they are made of. P.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #13
stormfish

My only worries is that the Pats D isn't as good as it use to be and it sure doesn't measure up to Pittsburgh's D as in blitzing schemes. Carson Palmer will have about .5 - 2 seconds extra in the pocket next week. Jevon Walker toasted NE's Secondary and Cincy has atleast 2 Jevons.

Last edited by stormfish; 09-26-2006 at 12:44 PM..

fish when you can is the way I do it man
stormfish is offline   Reply With Quote