Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 11-26-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Roethlisberger?

I knew he would not be the same after the motorcycle accident......that kind of trauma can change you! Seems as though the shine has worn off?

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:35 AM   #2
Duke41
got gas?

you might have a point there big guy
Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:37 AM   #3
Vermonter

Not sure here Larry, you may be right but I need to give him another season to know. Its only his third year(I think anyway), and in his first two he always had the "Bus" to rely on and to set the defense up for the passing game. I dont think Parker has lived up to what he showed in bits and pieces last year.
Vermonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:31 PM   #4
Vectorfisher

Pitt's problems are not all Big Bens problem, the line can't pass block or run block, the defense cannot get a pass rush to save there lives and the blitzing schemes which were once succesful have now been seen 100 too many times and the corners just flat out suuuuccckkk and oh I almost forgot the coach acts like he lost his puppy other than that I can't think of anything wrong with them Front office needs to get the heads out of the sand, players like Duce Staley standing on the sidelines making tons of cash are slowly bringing this team down, Duce has not seen the field since the packers game last season and he is clear to play WTF All in all they get a mulligan as far as I am concerned after winning out last year on the road against Cincy,Indy,Denver and what happened this spring with Ben. I hope for a better 07
Vectorfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

I knew we would flush VF out of the pocket! VF, the Pats are way more decimated than the Steelers and their bag of tricks is seen quite a bit too....Brady still gits er done though! He has shell shock in my opinion....he will never be the same QB!

Old 11-27-2006, 07:42 PM   #6
Vectorfisher

BF only time will tell, although I hardly think shell shocked describes what is going on with him if anything, he got laid out about 50 x yesterday even left the game for a play or 2 and got back in it. Not taking anything away from Brady but he has not had to deal with a line that is playing as horrible as Pitt is right now EVER!!
Vectorfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:01 PM   #7
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorfisher View Post
BF only time will tell, although I hardly think shell shocked describes what is going on with him if anything, he got laid out about 50 x yesterday even left the game for a play or 2 and got back in it. Not taking anything away from Brady but he has not had to deal with a line that is playing as horrible as Pitt is right now EVER!!

The Steelers line is pretty good compared to the stiffs we have out in Oakland !!!

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #8
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
The Steelers line is pretty good compared to the stiffs we have out in Oakland !!!
I think it's pretty much a toss-up which #1 pick was a total waste of space--yours on Gallery or mine on Eli.

Except you didn't give up a #1 and a #3 for Gallery.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:20 PM   #9
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
I think it's pretty much a toss-up which #1 pick was a total waste of space--yours on Gallery or mine on Eli.

Except you didn't give up a #1 and a #3 for Gallery.
I've got to disagree with you on that,
I think eventually Eli will be good!

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:18 PM   #10
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Anyone ever notice Quarterbacks don't "eventually" get good? They are born that way....right out of the box!

Old 11-28-2006, 07:00 AM   #11
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

still happy with my teams 6th round pick .

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:28 AM   #12
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Tedi Bruschi - 3rd round
Mike Vrabel - 3rd round (by Pittsburgh)
Troy Brown - 8th round
Tom Brady - 6th round
Roosevelt Colvin - 4th round (by Chicago)
Rodney Harrison - 5th round (by San Diego)
Dan Koppen - 5th round
Asante Samuel - 4th Round

A lot of late round talent on the Pats. The front office definitely has shown an eye for talent. There 1st round choices include Maroney, Graham, Watson, Seymour and Wilfork.

All productive members of the team.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:48 AM   #13
Vermonter

In terms of pro quarterbacks who "become great", I'd say Unitas and Montana both fall into that category. Wasnt Unitas playing semi-pro bowl after being cut by an NFL team? And I dont think anyone predicted what Montana would do based on his career at Notre Dame.
Vermonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:05 AM   #14
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

It's a little different today. Used to be it took 3-4 years to develop a new QB. Today, they make an immediate impact if they're any good. Most colleges now play a pro set offense instead of an option offense, so the adjustment to the pro game is quicker. QBs don't call their own plays. Guys like Rothy, Palmer, and even rookies like Leinart and Young are way farther along. Brady had one year on the bench and led the Pats to the SB the next. Regardless of how good they really are, all of these guys carry themselves on the field with either a quiet confidence, or a swagger, that I've never seen in Eli. Eli's blank look isn't the result of "quiet confidence"

I'm not up on Eli's college numbers, but does anyone really think he would have been the #1 overall pick if he had a different last name?

TDF, when you consider where the Pats have been picking in the draft, it shows why they're consistent winners. Over the same period, the Giants have wasted #1 picks on guys like Ron Dayne, Will Allen and William Joseph. They picked Joseph ahead of Ty Warren in the same draft, I think.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote