Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 06:24 AM   #1
fishsmith
DDG-51

Bledsoe Retires -

Sorry Ronnie, no Drew in the silver and black for you

His faults and stage dives at Everclear concerts are well documented, but I tip my hat to him.
He stood in there and took the hit for many years, and put up some some great numbers. He was the QB that turned the Pats franchise around ... The Bledose to Coates combo was a thing of beauty. Thanks for the Memories Drew, enjoy big sky country.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:31 AM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
A class act for sure......I never really liked him as a player ever since the Pats picked him! He put up all the numbers but had no calculator to add them together to equal a championship! So.....he won't make my top 25 quarterback picks thats for sure! I can't believe he will not sign on with some other team? It may well be a way for him to squirt loose from the Cowboys and make himself available??

Anyway....I wish him the best and thank him for getting hurt that day not too long ago........or the Pats dynasty would never have come about!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:13 AM   #3
Raven

but of course

he'd been flogging a dead horse to no avail....

he needs to trot down a different Path now...

his true destiny....wasn't football...

that was just a vehicle.......
to get where he's going.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #4
Backbeach Jake

Thumbs up

The Red Zone was his enemy. If he coulda beat that curse he woulda had numbers that counted. I thought that he played like a man. When I saw him pushing those metal wires back into his broken finger tips so he could throw the ball, I knew he was no sally. Taking a snap musta been hell, too. I sure wish it had been different for him. He did bring winning to NE though, just not it all.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:54 PM   #5
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

His problem was he could not find his secondary recievers because he was so keyed in on his primary target.....unable to fall back to a plan "B"! Not to mention his size 14 feet were made of lead!!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
I thought for sure Al Davis was going to sign him hoping to mentor Andrew Walter or if they take Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russell with the #1 pick !
(I'm hoping they pick Calvin Johnson and dump Randy Moss)
But no doubt, Drew Bledsoe was a class act and I think most Pats fans forget how good he was early in his career with Parcells, and had Bob Craft not F%%%ed up and left Bill alone, they should have won that super bowl against Green Bay. I think Parcells threw that game intentionally !!!

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #7
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

He will play.....you will see!

Old 04-13-2007, 06:29 AM   #8
clumber

So much for my Drew loving Bro-in-law who was covinced that the Owens signing in Big D would propell his QB into the Hall.

I cant give Drew any grief. He is a class act from all accounts and he played his butt off.
(remember the "other" QB on the board when the pats grabbed Drew???....what happened to him again????)

" the fisherman taking a great cod line to which he fasteneth a peece of lobster and threwes it into the sea. The rockfish biting at it, he pulls her to him and knockes her on the head with a sticke."
clumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by clumber View Post
So much for my Drew loving Bro-in-law who was covinced that the Owens signing in Big D would propell his QB into the Hall.

I cant give Drew any grief. He is a class act from all accounts and he played his butt off.
(remember the "other" QB on the board when the pats grabbed Drew???....what happened to him again????)

That would be Rick Mirer

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote