Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 06-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
Island Girl

Summer Traffic

I hate hate hate summer drivers it seems as though they come out of the wood work not only that I think I always end up finding the out of staters or the rubber neckers that have to look around @ everything resulting in people going 25 mph in a 40 and then brake to 15 mph around corners aghhhhhhhh it took me 35 min to get to work today when it normally takes 12min, then I had some teenager pull out in front of me and I had to slam on my brakes skidding in the dirt I was only driving 15 (the speed limit) but they were'nt paying attention.....

Ok I am done venting now

"Amor Est Vitae Essentia"
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
spence

I think of it this way...this is a really nice place to live, a place many less fortunate people get to enjoy only on vacation.

All the visitors and summer residents add to the local economy and give the working stiff a chance to make a living.

In the offseason we get it all to ourselves.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
Nebe

I grew up in newport.. over here in southcounty is a breeze compared to America's cup or thames on a saturday afternoon.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
Uncle Matt

Island Girl - Take heed in knowing that you live there and those bozos are just visiting. You get to see and live every day what those vacationers are paying top dollar for. In a few months they will all be gone and the place will be all your again. Life is once.....

Last edited by Uncle Matt; 06-17-2008 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: I spell like a young child.......

"Love is like a snowmobile racing across the tundra then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
Matt Groening, Life In Hell
Uncle Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
Striperknight
Plug Paladin

You want summer traffic...come down here.
Striperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
ThomCat

Went home to Coventy RI by the front way (Rt. 1 Tower Hill Rd.) for the last time until maybe October. The traffic at the Tower is legendary.

Catch'em up,
ThomCat
ThomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
BxBomber

Summer Traffic...ahh yes welcome to my world! I'm a truck driver so I know summer traffic all too well. It blows my mind at the amount of imbilciles who think they can yap on the phone and drive, or the jack@ssery of jumping from their lane in front of me because of the amount of space (falsely thinking that my lane is moving faster). Each year it gets worse and worse. The plus side of sitting in traffic, is that sitting up so high you get to look down, and get pretty good leg shots in the summer
BxBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:38 PM   #8
Backbeach Jake

You really have to give the benefit of a doubt, you know. That's the way I drive when I'm in uncharted territory. Also, over the years I've noticed that different areas have different quirks in traffic etiquette. Around here folks jump on the brakes and wave someone at a stopsign out. You nearly rear end them if you're not ready. Other places fling the door open into traffic, expecting the driver to watch for them. Now, if you mix your quirk with a foreign quirk, you're just asking for trouble. And it annoys the locals...

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote