Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 07-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
BxBomber

Driveway Blockers

My driveway is clearly marked with a "do not block the driveway" sign. Of course I come home from work today and find my driveway blocked. I double park and immediately get on the phone and call a few towing companies. Well I wasn't about to sit out in the street double parked for an hour or so waiting for a tow truck to come, so I pop open my tool box and pull out some chains, hooked up and drug the car out of the way. Of course at about 3:30 or so the cops show up at my door, summons book in hand. I explained my side of the story, surprisingly they found it funny, and left it at next time call us.

WTF???? She says, oh I didn't see the sign. Like that's suppose to absolve her. The signs pertains to everyone else except her because she's more important than everyone else. I'd hate to think if it was a stop or yield sign.
BxBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
spence

I can understand the frustration, although had you done damage to her car she might have had a good case against you for vandalism.

The Bronx...Didn't they used to have a good baseball team?

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:57 AM   #3
BxBomber

Spence about seven years ago they traded in the baseball team for a circus full of clowns.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:02 AM   #4
spence

They sure are pretty though, and they make a hell of a lot of money

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

There is a guy who owns a business in the town I work in. He asks this guy across the street 15 or 20 times to not park on his property. Comes back from somewhere and sees this guys chitbox in his back lot again. Gets the backhoe that has those pallet stingers on the front as an attachment, not the bucket. Picks up the car and deposits it on the guys front lawn. We just kind of said oh well. Owner of chitbox got about a $1000.00 in damages out of business owner. Business owner said it was the best $1000.00 he ever spent.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #6
PaulS

Swimmer,

The business owner should have just blocked the car in with something and went home for the night.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:29 PM   #7
Backbeach Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxBomber View Post
My driveway is clearly marked with a "do not block the driveway" sign. Of course I come home from work today and find my driveway blocked. I double park and immediately get on the phone and call a few towing companies. Well I wasn't about to sit out in the street double parked for an hour or so waiting for a tow truck to come, so I pop open my tool box and pull out some chains, hooked up and drug the car out of the way. Of course at about 3:30 or so the cops show up at my door, summons book in hand. I explained my side of the story, surprisingly they found it funny, and left it at next time call us.

WTF???? She says, oh I didn't see the sign. Like that's suppose to absolve her. The signs pertains to everyone else except her because she's more important than everyone else. I'd hate to think if it was a stop or yield sign.
Shoulda just "aired her down" leaving about 5psi in the tires. She could drive away, just not too fast.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
BxBomber

Update, that lady is suing me in small claims. She got $150 worth of citations, which she says she shouldn't have to pay. Someone advised her that she should only have to pay the fine for blocking a handicap spot. Like true "People's Court" fashion, I'm going to counter sue, for towing fees, loss of work, mental anguish, pain and suffering,....LMAO
Old 07-28-2008, 05:43 PM   #9
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Sue her for exposing you to unnecessary stupidity and ignorance!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #10
Squid kids Dad

Hope you get Judge Judy...........

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:02 PM   #11
Grapenuts

interesting subject: do you own the street in front of your drive way?or just your drive way to where it meets the street.If you don't own the street ,I suggest you ask the town/city that does own the street to PAINT a sign on the section in front of your drive way and or place legal signs that say no parking..this gal just maybe in the right cause it's not marked by it's true owner...
Grapenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #12
zacs
D'oh

its a driveway!!! you shouldn't need a sign, its a freaking driveway for christ sake!!! you can't park in front of a driveway!!!!

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #13
Grapenuts

you would think...but in todays world everything has to be spelled out in black and white....common sence is on the wain.
Grapenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #14
Redsoxticket

property taxes include the driveway let alone the permits need by the town to cut curb and built sidewalk.
call mayors office or building dept. for additional info that may help you.
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #15
BxBomber

I have a disabled family member, so there is a wheelchair ramp on the side of my house. The city put up the signs and gave me paperwork so it's legit, there are two signs and yellow paint, plus a sign on my driveway fence. I guess now the city has to put up multi-lingual signs because some people don't understand english or pictures. But one thing for sure, I'll bet she understands $150! ROTFLMAO
Old 07-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #16
Dad 818
Hunting for a 40

maybe epoxying her wipers to her windshield would work next time?
Dad 818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #17
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapenuts View Post
interesting subject: do you own the street in front of your drive way?or just your drive way to where it meets the street.If you don't own the street ,I suggest you ask the town/city that does own the street to PAINT a sign on the section in front of your drive way and or place legal signs that say no parking..this gal just maybe in the right cause it's not marked by it's true owner...
Why would you have to tell anyone in writing that they are blocking your driveway. Either your blocking it or not. Any type of signage is redundant and more insulting to the property owner. While said property owner may not own the sidewalk, driveway approach or even all of the driveway, blocking the driveway reagrdless of who owns how much is illegal. Pulling it out of the way yourself isn't the most appropriate way to handle the situation, but having to find a parking place as opposed to pulling onto your property is really disturbing.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote