Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 08:22 AM   #61
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
How so? That people let stereotypes and bigotry pollute their thinking?

That's stupid?

-spence

you should include yourself....

I guess if you view violence by Muslims always as "terrorism" you'd have a point.

It's interesting how in many of these threads people are actually going out of their way to stress the word "terrorist" like some also stress the "Hussein" when speaking about the President.

It's almost like some are wishing he's a terrorist just to prove some point.

What point?

That Muslims are all terrorists?

I'm thinking that might just be the point.

-spence


interesting how many on the left are desperate to claim that this is not terrorism and remarkable to watch the contortions...to the extent that Brian Williams proclaimed last night that " the military will not charge Hasan with terrorism" and then softly followed with the fact that the military actually has no charge for terrorism with which to charge him....but the emphasis was obvious and a bald faced liar made his point...fear of some anti-muslim backlash is overriding any other concern...

Spence, let's do this...let's pile up all of the bodies of the victims of the imagined anti-muslim backlash by radical right wing extremists...or anyone else for that matter since 9/11...there should be a lot because there's are a whole lot of bigotry and stereotyping out there ...big population of angry non-muslims vs. muslims, probably thousand of victims right?....and then let's pile up the bodies of the victims of muslim extremists during the same period....clearly, the first reaction of this administration post big bomb going off in a major city will be to schedule an anti-muslim backlash summit...your suggestion that some here some would like this to be terrorism to justify some belief that all muslims are terrorists is a despicable as anything I've ever heard.....only a fool would or should suggest that from either side...to impune those that view this as a terrorist act given the reality of the last what?...20 + years???....is to mock common sense...

keep rolling though...you continue expose youself as a fool

Last edited by scottw; 11-13-2009 at 09:14 AM..
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:59 AM   #62
Fly Rod
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Fly Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Gloucester Massachusetts
Posts: 2,678
Here is a stupid thing to say,

All Muslims should be treated as Terrorist until proven other wise.

My mind is not polluted. , that's just good beer.

I'm not a bigot, I can care less about anothers creed.

When you have a group that will kill their children(women) because that family felt dishonored then that group should be watched.
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #63
JohnnyD
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
JohnnyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mansfield, MA
Posts: 5,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
your suggestion that some here some would like this to be terrorism to justify some belief that all muslims are terrorists is a despicable as anything I've ever heard.....only a fool would or should suggest that from either side...to impune those that view this as a terrorist act given the reality of the last what?...20 + years???....is to mock common sense...
Actually, Asswipe made it quite clear that his motivation for assuming this was terrorism is because of a deep seated disdain for Muslims due to the Armenian Genocide. That's what spence is referencing when he states "I guess if you view violence by Muslims always as "terrorism" you'd have a point.".
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #64
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
How so? That people let stereotypes and bigotry pollute their thinking?

That's stupid?

-spence
No one said any such thing!!!!. My hunting buddy is a Muslim, head of a Muslim school as a matter of fact. I have NO fear of Muslims.
I do have a fear of Islamic extremist. And you should too.
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #65
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
No one said any such thing!!!!. My hunting buddy is a Muslim, head of a Muslim school as a matter of fact. I have NO fear of Muslims.
I do have a fear of Islamic extremist. And you should too.
last bastion of a fool...
cmon' Buck, you should know the routine by now, it always ends up in a charge or racism, bigotry, ignorance...you could be married to a muslim and you'd still be a racist....I listened to a lilly white liberal(self described)guy on sports radio recently sit with a black guy and pontificate on what was racist toward blacks and what was not...the black guy kept saying "I don't see racism in that" and lilly white guy kept saying "that is absolutelly racist"....never get between a radical liberal extremist and a charge of racism or bigotry because he will be going a hundred miles an hour to get there....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:51 PM   #66
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Actually, Asswipe made it quite clear that his motivation for assuming this was terrorism is because of a deep seated disdain for Muslims due to the Armenian Genocide. That's what spence is referencing when he states "I guess if you view violence by Muslims always as "terrorism" you'd have a point.".
actually, you are only referring to the first sentence...I was referring to the rest....they are separate...

It's interesting how in many of these threads people are actually going out of their way to stress the word "terrorist" like some also stress the "Hussein" when speaking about the President.

It's almost like some are wishing he's a terrorist just to prove some point.

What point?

That Muslims are all terrorists?

I'm thinking that might just be the point.

-spence


quite a conclusion

Last edited by scottw; 11-13-2009 at 01:11 PM..
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #67
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
last bastion of a fool...
cmon' Buck, you should know the routine by now, it always ends up in a charge or racism, bigotry, ignorance...you could be married to a muslim and you'd still be a racist....I listened to a lilly white liberal(self described)guy on sports radio recently sit with a black guy and pontificate on what was racist toward blacks and what was not...the black guy kept saying "I don't see racism in that" and lilly white guy kept saying "that is absolutelly racist"....never get between a radical liberal extremist and a charge of racism or bigotry because he will be going a hundred miles an hour to get there....
You make it sound like they think all Republicans are "religous zealots"
I would like to know when the Dems became the self proclaimed party for minorities, they didn't start out that way... Hmmm I wonder when that was.....( that's a hand out )
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #68
fishbones
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
fishbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Easton, MA
Posts: 5,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
The guy that opened fire on students at Virginia Tech certainly could be said to have "incited fear." Was he a terrorist?

The difference between your definition and the one I posted is that mine is the *actual* formal definition of terrorism. But, if you'd like to base the incident on yours, it still wasn't a terrorist act.

Thank you for supporting my point.
Sorry it took some time for me to get back on this JD, I was in vacation for a while. So your definition is the only one that counts? You really know how to change direction to support your own arguments. You don't need to take one piece of a definition and apply it to one specific incident to make a point. It makes you look unintelligent and we know you aren't that.

Read the following article and see if you are still 100% convinced that this wasn't a terrorist act. Pay special attention to the comments made by Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl M. Levin. Also, keep in mind that I never claimed this was an act of terrorism. I only said that there are people who feel it is and there may be reason for them to think it is.

Hasan had intensified contact with cleric - Washington Post- msnbc.com


By the way, thanks for supporting my point.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #69
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you should include yourself....

I guess if you view violence by Muslims always as "terrorism" you'd have a point.

It's interesting how in many of these threads people are actually going out of their way to stress the word "terrorist" like some also stress the "Hussein" when speaking about the President.

It's almost like some are wishing he's a terrorist just to prove some point.

What point?

That Muslims are all terrorists?

I'm thinking that might just be the point.

-spence


interesting how many on the left are desperate to claim that this is not terrorism and remarkable to watch the contortions...to the extent that Brian Williams proclaimed last night that " the military will not charge Hasan with terrorism" and then softly followed with the fact that the military actually has no charge for terrorism with which to charge him....but the emphasis was obvious and a bald faced liar made his point...fear of some anti-muslim backlash is overriding any other concern...

Spence, let's do this...let's pile up all of the bodies of the victims of the imagined anti-muslim backlash by radical right wing extremists...or anyone else for that matter since 9/11...there should be a lot because there's are a whole lot of bigotry and stereotyping out there ...big population of angry non-muslims vs. muslims, probably thousand of victims right?....and then let's pile up the bodies of the victims of muslim extremists during the same period....clearly, the first reaction of this administration post big bomb going off in a major city will be to schedule an anti-muslim backlash summit...your suggestion that some here some would like this to be terrorism to justify some belief that all muslims are terrorists is a despicable as anything I've ever heard.....only a fool would or should suggest that from either side...to impune those that view this as a terrorist act given the reality of the last what?...20 + years???....is to mock common sense...

keep rolling though...you continue expose youself as a fool
I didn't see this one before...must have been on the road

I you need to twist my words to make me a fool, then perhaps that should tell you something about yourself.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #70
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Sorry it took some time for me to get back on this JD, I was in vacation for a while. So your definition is the only one that counts? You really know how to change direction to support your own arguments. You don't need to take one piece of a definition and apply it to one specific incident to make a point. It makes you look unintelligent and we know you aren't that.

Read the following article and see if you are still 100% convinced that this wasn't a terrorist act. Pay special attention to the comments made by Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl M. Levin. Also, keep in mind that I never claimed this was an act of terrorism. I only said that there are people who feel it is and there may be reason for them to think it is.

Hasan had intensified contact with cleric - Washington Post- msnbc.com
I'd be curious to see if they have enough evidence to indict the cleric who's apparently been watched as someone who incites violence.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #71
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Sorry it took some time for me to get back on this JD, I was in vacation for a while. So your definition is the only one that counts?
I'm not sure any definition really counts, unless one is willing to define the reaction to the deserving action.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com