Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2017, 10:20 AM   #1
blue oyster

i'm done and not just for this season

for the last 7 years I have seen my catch go down in both size and numbers on the south shore of ma.. I was around when the last crash happened and I predicted this downward trend to continue for the next 7-8 years till the big class of y.o.y. grew shoulders , but what happened this year floored me . I caught 4 keepers and none over 40" , ten years ago I would have called that a slow day .I'm going to pack most of my gear away , sell the boat and hopefully before I pass on to the next world things will improve , I always tried my best to be a responsible fisherman , keep no fish , no barbs on my lures , circle hooks on live bait . time to dust of the mustang sitting in the garage and play with that for a while.
blue oyster is offline   Reply With Quote