Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-31-2018, 11:20 AM   #1
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

When courts legalize gay marriage, it didn't solve all problems that gays face. I still think it was the right thing to do.
The only problems gays face are dealing with #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s who refuse to accept them.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-31-2018, 11:46 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
The only problems gays face are dealing with #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s who refuse to accept them.
My point was, no idea is perfect or flawless or impossible to weasel around. So you can't shoot down the wall, by saying that some people will be able to go over or under it.

You shut your doors at night? If so, why? A master thief can still get in if he really wants to, right? Shutting your door doesn't guarantee that an intruder won't get in. But you do it anyway, and you'd be stupid not to do it.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:57 AM   #3
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
My point was, no idea is perfect or flawless or impossible to weasel around. So you can't shoot down the wall, by saying that some people will be able to go over or under it.

You shut your doors at night? If so, why? A master thief can still get in if he really wants to, right? Shutting your door doesn't guarantee that an intruder won't get in. But you do it anyway, and you'd be stupid not to do it.
I don’t live my life in fear. You should consider that path. Happiness and love sets you free.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:06 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don’t live my life in fear. You should consider that path. Happiness and love sets you free.
Do you shut your door and at night, yes or no?

Love it when you ask the simplest question in the world, and get a dodge for an answer...
Old 12-31-2018, 12:06 PM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
The 60's called, they want their domestic policy back.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-31-2018, 12:23 PM   #6
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
The 60's called, they want their domestic policy back.
🙃
Old 12-31-2018, 03:05 PM   #7
basswipe

Quote:
Visa Overstays Outnumber Illegal Border Crossings,

The majority of immigrants settling in the U.S. without authorization are first coming to the country legally,

Just another example of Trump's base buying into the misinformation and fear.. of brown people
The first point is completely and totally false.

The second point is mind blowing stupid.If they're here without authorization they are not here legally.How they arrived here is irrelevant.

The fear of "brown" people?Talk about broadening the race card.The the vast majority of all US citizens can claim "brown" status.With my ethnic heritage I'm the "brownest" guy on this site!

Much like your "what if" thread you might want to check back in with reality.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:09 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post

The second point is mind blowing stupid.If they're here without authorization they are not here legally.How they arrived here is irrelevant.

The fear of "brown" people?Talk about broadening the race card.The the vast majority of all US citizens can claim "brown" status.With my ethnic heritage I'm the "brownest" guy on this site!

No, I’m pretty sure close to 60% of illegal aliens are people who have overstayed VISAs rather than made illegal border crossings.

Same goes for illegal drugs, only a small fraction is smuggled over land, most all comes through ports.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:28 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...017/924316002/

Homeland Security: More than 600,000 foreigners overstayed U.S. visas in 2017

here is reality Trump and his administration have focused far more on building a wall along the southern border with Mexico,

why would that be??????