Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2019, 07:07 AM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,515
AOCs mother moved from NY to FL for taxes

in a story that has zero irony, Cortez’s mother said her property tax bill in NY was 10,000 a year, now is $600 a year in FL, and this reduces her stress.

You cannot make that up, I dare you to try.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:31 AM   #2
Raider Ronnie
Www.bostonharborcharters.
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,411
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
She should make her next move to Veniezuela and really see some savings 🤔
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Raider Ronnie; 03-09-2019 at 07:45 AM..
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:05 AM   #3
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
She should make her next move to Veniezuela and really see some savings 🤔
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
and she’ll go to FL, and vote for liberals, no ability to make the connection between politics and why she moved across the country, which side works and which doesn’t.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:58 AM   #4
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 4,729
Wow she bought a an 85k she’s living it up .... I doubt her old house was a but more expensive.. not sure how what her mom does has any Bering on what the daughter says,,. But it’s clear conservatives have a new target
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:19 PM   #5
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,905
Jim, quit reading the tabloids.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:48 PM   #6
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim, quit reading the tabloids.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
so what did i say that’s not true?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:50 PM   #7
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Wow she bought a an 85k she’s living it up .... I doubt her old house was a but more expensive.. not sure how what her mom does has any Bering on what the daughter says,,. But it’s clear conservatives have a new target
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
funny that the mom of a socialist, flees a highbtax state for a low tax state. if cortez had an IQ anywhere near triple digits, that might be reason to reconsider the wisdom of advocating for Maoism.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 17,297
I’m planning on fleeing a high tax state for a low tax state when I retire.

This is kind of a non story
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:21 PM   #9
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I’m planning on fleeing a high tax state for a low tax state when I retire.

This is kind of a non story
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
if you extolled the virtues of the benefits of a conservative state with low taxes, while your daughter was the most influential
socialist in the country advocating to make your new state ( as well as the rest of the country) look just like the state you fled, that would
be funny.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:31 PM   #10
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 17,297
It would make for an awkward Thanksgiving
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 03-10-2019 at 02:34 PM..
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #11
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
funny that the mom of a socialist, flees a highbtax state for a low tax state. if cortez had an IQ anywhere near triple digits, that might be reason to reconsider the wisdom of advocating for Maoism.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim, her husband died of cancer leaving the family with a pile of medical bills, she couldn't pay her mortgage so she what she had to do.

And you think that's hilarious. Here's a good test, if you google on a story and the first 12 hits are all tabloids yet the major news outlets aren't covering it, it's probably not worth the time.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:17 PM   #12
Raider Ronnie
Www.bostonharborcharters.
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,411
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim, her husband died of cancer leaving the family with a pile of medical bills, she couldn't pay her mortgage so she what she had to.

Did what she had to do
Are #^&#^&#^&#^&ing kidding me ???
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 03-10-2019 at 02:34 PM..
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:30 PM   #13
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim, her husband died of cancer leaving the family with a pile of medical bills, she couldn't pay her mortgage so she what she had to do.

And you think that's hilarious. Here's a good test, if you google on a story and the first 12 hits are all tabloids yet the major news outlets aren't covering it, it's probably not worth the time.
“what she had to do”.

so what good is
liberalism, if it put its leaders mother in a position where she “had to” move to a conservative state? how come she didn’t pick CT or IL, do you suppose?

Her mom said it’s “stress free” in FL because of the tax savings. Interesting. Not to you obviously because it renders your side hopeless and defenseless.

Spence, how can you endorse an ideology, of which people
who live in states which embrace that ideology, “ have to” flee those states because they can’t affird to live there?




Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-10-2019 at 04:11 PM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #14
Raider Ronnie
Www.bostonharborcharters.
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,411
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
“what she had to do”.

so what good is
liberalism, if it put its leaders mother in a position where she “had to” move to a conservative state? how come she didn’t pick CT or IL, do you suppose?

Her mom said it’s “stress free” in FL because of the tax savings. Interesting. Not to you obviously because it renders your side hopeless and defenseless.

Spence, how can you endorse an ideology, of which people
who live in states which embrace that ideology, “ have to” flee those states because they can’t affird to live there?



#^&#^&#^&#^&ing Hypocrites, every one of them including their brain dead supporters who vote for them.



Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:34 PM   #15
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence admits that she had to flee
a liberal state for a conservative state, for cost of
living. i thought conservatives only cared about the 1%, yet she “had to “ flee a liberal state because of
liberal cost of living and
liberal taxes, and she “had to” settle in a conservative state because she could
only afford a conservative state.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:40 PM   #16
Raider Ronnie
Www.bostonharborcharters.
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,411
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
spence admits that she had to flee
a liberal state for a conservative state, for cost of
living. i thought conservatives only cared about the 1%, yet she “had to “ flee a liberal state because of
liberal cost of living and
liberal taxes, and she “had to” settle in a conservative state because she could
only afford a conservative state.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device


Like I said, #^&#^&#^&#^&ing Hypocrites
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:20 AM   #17
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Like I said, #^&#^&#^&#^&ing Hypocrites
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i know, but it’s hilarious that he doesn’t see how thoroughly he destroyed liberalism ( more thoroughly than Foxnews has ever done), when he admitted she “had to” leave a liberal state and settle in a conservative state, because she wasn’t rich enough to live in a liberal state.

and it shows you what fanatics that spence and AOC are, impervious to empirical evidence, that they support liberalism, even after seeing and conceding, that liberalism forced her mother out of NY, and that in order to thrive and feel stress free, she “had to” move to a conservative, low tax state.

But conservatives only care about the rich, and tax cuts only help the wealthy! Right, Spence? Jeez you walked into that one.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:06 AM   #18
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 4,729
Jim and Ronnie your to funny some how you connect aoc moms actions to here daughter

But you are both unable or unwilling to use the same logic when it comes to Trump and all those around him going to jail and he was going to drain the swamp.. funny you don’t hold him to this standard

And agin 1 person moves to Fla for lower property Tax ... another valadition for Jim on the benefits of red state... yet you or Ronnie have not moved to theses conservative utopias Why is that? Are you hypocrites
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:31 AM   #19
FishermanTim
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
FishermanTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hyde Park, MA
Posts: 4,152
What's the saying...that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree?


Also, don't most people move to Florida to spend their final years?
(quaint way of saying that most elderly "snow birds" go to FL and never return...)

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:01 PM   #20
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim and Ronnie your to funny some how you connect aoc moms actions to here daughter

But you are both unable or unwilling to use the same logic when it comes to Trump and all those around him going to jail and he was going to drain the swamp.. funny you don’t hold him to this standard

And agin 1 person moves to Fla for lower property Tax ... another valadition for Jim on the benefits of red state... yet you or Ronnie have not moved to theses conservative utopias Why is that? Are you hypocrites
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"some how you connect aoc moms actions to here daughter "

No I say the daughter is a moron because she can't make a connection between the pros/cons of liberal economics, and the fact that (even in Spence's words) her mother "had to" move from a liberal state to a conservative state, for economic reasons.

"But you are both unable or unwilling to use the same logic when it comes to Trump "

Are you illiterate? Read my posts on Trump. Boy are you dim if you think I'm a Trump apologist.

"another valadition for Jim on the benefits of red state"

Spence, not me, said she had to make the move for economic reasons.

WDMSO, what does it say to you, that she could afford to live in FL but not in NY?

"1 person moves to Fla for lower property Tax "

She's not the only one. She's the only one I know of, who gave birth to the current leader of the democratic party.

"yet you or Ronnie have not moved to theses conservative utopias Why is that? Are you hypocrites"

My parents rely on me too much, can't flee. Would love to.

Saying CT is expensive while living here, doesn't make me a hypocrite.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #21
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 4,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Saying CT is expensive while living here, doesn't make me a hypocrite.
That’s my point everyone moved or stays for different reasons

Her going or you staying Neither reason is a validation of your argument.. of a bigger motivation of the benefits of. Red states

Sins of the daughter as you see them and her mothers actions and views have no sway on your argument .. against aoc .... Why is she such a Threat to conservatives besides they have a history of attacking strong minded women .. apperences then they do about policy’s
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 03-11-2019 at 12:34 PM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:34 PM   #22
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
That’s my point everyone moved or stays for different reasons

Her going or you staying Neither reason is a validation of your argument.. of a bigger motivation of the benefits of. Red states
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
but if meaningful numbers of
people move for economic reasons, what does that tell
you about liberalism? If spence said she “had to “ move for economic reasons, what does that tell you about liberal states and conservative states?

Spence and NY Gov
Cuomo have both admitted in the last week, that people are moving from NY to FL purely for economic reasons.

Liberal states are harder to live in, unless you are wealthy. that seems to be a reasonable , if not inescapable, conclusion.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #23
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 4,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
but if

Liberal states are harder to live in, unless you are wealthy. that seems to be a reasonable , if not inescapable, conclusion.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
add that to your dumbest statements list .. where do you get this stuff from? It would be funny but you actually think it true
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #24
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
add that to your dumbest statements list .. where do you get this stuff from? It would be funny but you actually think it true
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Spence said she "had to" move. Gov Cuomo is horrified that NY taxes have incentivized so many people to leave. CT has also been creamed with disastrous impacts of people fleeing.

As of last year, the top 5 states in terms of people leaving were:

IL, CT, NJ, CA, MI


The top 5 inbound states were:
AZ, ID, NC, SC, TN

Now, what patterns do YOU see, among the political ideology of the states in those two groups? I know what I see, but you said my conclusion was stupid. So please share with me, the intelligent conclusion to draw...

If you have any data to suggest that on average, it's cheaper to live in liberal states than it is to live in conservative states, I'd love to see it.

WDMSO, do you deny that people are leaving liberal states and moving to conservative states, and that cost of living is a huge reason why?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...record-numbers

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-11-2019 at 02:03 PM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:49 PM   #25
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i know, but it’s hilarious that he doesn’t see how thoroughly he destroyed liberalism ( more thoroughly than Foxnews has ever done), when he admitted she “had to” leave a liberal state and settle in a conservative state, because she wasn’t rich enough to live in a liberal state.

and it shows you what fanatics that spence and AOC are, impervious to empirical evidence, that they support liberalism, even after seeing and conceding, that liberalism forced her mother out of NY, and that in order to thrive and feel stress free, she “had to” move to a conservative, low tax state.

But conservatives only care about the rich, and tax cuts only help the wealthy! Right, Spence? Jeez you walked into that one.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim, NYC is one of the most expensive cities to live in, not because of liberal policies but because 20 million people are competing for housing. She bought an 85k house in the middle of nowhere so her taxes are obviously going to go down significantly.

To extrapolate this into a conclusion on the failures of liberalism requires a stretch I didn't think you were even capable of. I hate to break it to you, but there is no irony.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #26
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,905
Here Jim, some more deep analysis for you. I've correlated a map of light pollution and the 2016 election to PROVE UNCONDITIONALLY THAT LIBERALISM CAUSES LIGHT POLLUTION!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	190311-light-pollution-united-states-cs-118p_14c3405352b2968bd23bea950e75660a.fit-1240w.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	66054   Click image for larger version

Name:	2000px-United_States_presidential_election_results_by_county,_2016.svg.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	66055  
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:02 PM   #27
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim, NYC is one of the most expensive cities to live in, not because of liberal policies but because 20 million people are competing for housing. She bought an 85k house in the middle of nowhere so her taxes are obviously going to go down significantly.

To extrapolate this into a conclusion on the failures of liberalism requires a stretch I didn't think you were even capable of. I hate to break it to you, but there is no irony.
"NYC is one of the most expensive cities to live in, not because of liberal policies but because 20 million people are competing for housing"

And if she claimed she moved because of real estate prices, you might have a shred of a point. She didn't, so you don't. She specifically mentioned taxes, not real estate prices.

"She bought an 85k house in the middle of nowhere so her taxes are obviously going to go down significantly"

Oh. So you're saying NY state doesn't have cheap houses upstate, "in the middle of nowhere", that she could have moved to? Why did she go all the way to FL? CT has plenty of condos in that price range, but the taxes are a whole lot higher than what she's enjoying in FL.

"To extrapolate this into a conclusion on the failures of liberalism "

I didn't extrapolate a thing. You said she "had to" move all the way from NY to FL, because of money. Your words, not my extrapolation. Governor Cuomo is currently making a very, very big deal about the ruinous impact of taxing people to the point where they leave.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:04 PM   #28
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Here Jim, some more deep analysis for you. I've correlated a map of light pollution and the 2016 election to PROVE UNCONDITIONALLY THAT LIBERALISM CAUSES LIGHT POLLUTION!!!!!
You claimed she left because of money. Gov Cuomo is making that same exact point, at least as it relates to the wealthy. Is he as stupid as I am?

CT and IL are in a race to see which state is going to be the first to file for insolvency. The political ideology is independent of the financial health of those states? Interesting.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:25 PM   #29
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And if she claimed she moved because of real estate prices, you might have a shred of a point. She didn't, so you don't. She specifically mentioned taxes, not real estate prices.
She never claimed she "moved because of taxes," she made a remark that her lower taxes were less of a burden. You'd be duped by the tabloids.

Quote:
Oh. So you're saying NY state doesn't have cheap houses upstate, "in the middle of nowhere", that she could have moved to? Why did she go all the way to FL? CT has plenty of condos in that price range, but the taxes are a whole lot higher than what she's enjoying in FL.
Maybe she had friends there, maybe she was sick of the winters...you're just making stuff up now.

Quote:
I didn't extrapolate a thing. You said she "had to" move all the way from NY to FL, because of money. Your words, not my extrapolation. Governor Cuomo is currently making a very, very big deal about the ruinous impact of taxing people to the point where they leave.
I never said she moved to FL because of taxes, she just couldn't afford to live in NYC after her husband's death broke them.

Look at map of Canada Jim, look at what a public health system has done to the light pollution. It's like daylight at midnight.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:34 PM   #30
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
She never claimed she "moved because of taxes," she made a remark that her lower taxes were less of a burden. You'd be duped by the tabloids.


Maybe she had friends there, maybe she was sick of the winters...you're just making stuff up now.


I never said she moved to FL because of taxes, she just couldn't afford to live in NYC after her husband's death broke them.

Look at map of Canada Jim, look at what a public health system has done to the light pollution. It's like daylight at midnight.
"She never claimed she "moved because of taxes," she made a remark that her lower taxes were less of a burden. You'd be duped by the tabloids."

Are you a tabloid? You said she did what she had to do? She said she saved $10,000 in property taxes, and that "it's stress free here."

"Maybe she had friends there, maybe she was sick of the winters...you're just making stuff up now. "

Maybe. Or maybe she moved for the reason she said she moved, and for the reason that Gov Cuomo says that disastrous numbers of wealthy are leaving.

I am relying on what she said, you are speculating it was because of weather, yet I am the one making stuff up. You are getting desperate, Spence.

I see you chose to ignore that Gov Cuomo agrees with me that taxes are hurting tax revenue collected.

Spence, let's get to the heart of this...do you think states like NY and CT are losing an unhealthy number of taxpayers, because there's a big tax incentive to go to low-tax states? Yes or no?

Gov Cuomo says the answer is an unequivocal yes. Is he wrong? Being duped by tabloids? Making stuff up?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com