Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2008, 04:37 PM   #13
wheresmy50

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Isn't the difference between 1st and 2nd dergree murder.....what you're thinking.

I am either planning or thinking about killing someone vs. coming home and finding the mrs. screwing around and get mad and kill them.

I'm sure there is some substantial legal language that define the 2 but I think that's the rough difference.
No, not really. Planning is an action - even if it exists in your brain. They're trying to differentiate between an act of passion and one that was planned, meaning the events leading up to the act were different. A lawyer could certainly do a much better job of differentiating this, and I'm sure there's a mistake in there somewhere.

Hate crimes laws take the same exact crime, which is planned or unplanned, try to change it based on whether or not the person is a member of a protected group, and whether or not you had hateful thoughts about that person. So, first of all it's racist, since it's legally impossible for a black to commit a hate crime against a white, yet it's certainly possible for blacks to have racist thoughts against whites. Second, the law tries to tell you what you're allowed to think in a round about way. You can think racism is wrong if you want, and I'm not going to disagree, but my blood starts to boil a little when the government tries to make it illegal to believe something.
wheresmy50 is offline   Reply With Quote