Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2019, 08:21 AM   #61
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 9,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I think what he's said is the the call was "perfect"...in terms of getting the ball rolling exposing all of this democrat wrongdoing...it was!
No.. his quote is this:
""I had a transcript done by very, very talented people -- word for word, comma for comma," said Trump at one point in that early October news conference. "Done by people that do it for a living. We had an exact transcript." Later, he added that the document was "an exact transcript of my call, done by very talented people that do this -- exact, word for word."

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:33 AM   #62
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,464
You must be kidding, Trump doesn't lie, if he says it's word for word it's the truth.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:18 AM   #63
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,993
A few facts to keep handy in the face of intellectually dishonest GOP arguments today.

1. Impeachment of a President is not the process of undoing a previous election. It is the process whereby Congress indicts a President for wrongdoing while in office.
2. Though a quid pro quo is obvious, none is needed.

The drafters of the impeachment clause said so.

Madison was worried about the perfidy of a President, or deceit. He worried a President would wrongly work with a foreign power.

Edmund Randolph was concerned a President would seek to profit from the office, would seek emoluments from the presidency.

George Mason was concerned a President would undermine an investigation into himself, or might interfere with the work and duty of electors.

3. The whistleblower testimony is not needed.

Trump confessed to impeachable activity through release of the call notes.

Mulvaney corroborated it with his presser.

Bill Taylor confirmed it factually.

Lt. Col. Vindman contextualized it all as undermining US national security.

Eisenberg hid the transcript in an ultra secure server, showing consciousness of guilt, obstructing justice and abusing power.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:09 AM   #64
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
A few facts to keep handy in the face of intellectually dishonest GOP arguments today.

1. Impeachment of a President is not the process of undoing a previous election. It is the process whereby Congress indicts a President for wrongdoing while in office.
2. Though a quid pro quo is obvious, none is needed.

The drafters of the impeachment clause said so.

Madison was worried about the perfidy of a President, or deceit. He worried a President would wrongly work with a foreign power.

Edmund Randolph was concerned a President would seek to profit from the office, would seek emoluments from the presidency.

George Mason was concerned a President would undermine an investigation into himself, or might interfere with the work and duty of electors.

3. The whistleblower testimony is not needed.

Trump confessed to impeachable activity through release of the call notes.

Mulvaney corroborated it with his presser.

Bill Taylor confirmed it factually.

Lt. Col. Vindman contextualized it all as undermining US national security.

Eisenberg hid the transcript in an ultra secure server, showing consciousness of guilt, obstructing justice and abusing power.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
And clinton got a blow job and lied under oath. This outraged Republicans

Yet Trumps behavior the use of executive privilege the refusal of congressional subpoenas by his people . The list is endless..

Why doesn't it bother his supporter that Trump wont go under oath.

Simple.. party of country .. the next evolution in Trumps party..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:17 AM   #65
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,987
Clearly the greatest president of our lifetime
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:33 AM   #66
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,993
Jackie Spier

Devin Nunes calling the Intelligence Committee’s fact-finding mission a cult is despicable. I know about cults. Cults are led by maniacal narcissists who expect complete adoration and relinquishment of independent thought. I suggest Mr. Nunes look elsewhere.
10:21 AM · Oct 31, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

In 1978, Speier was shot five times as a congressional staffer trying to save people from the cult at Jonestown. She survived after being left for dead on airstrip for 22 hours. Speier almost never talks about the experience, so this is a real rebuke of Nunes.

Perhaps you can think of another maniacal narcissist

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:47 AM   #67
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Jackie Spier

Devin Nunes calling the Intelligence Committee’s fact-finding mission a cult is despicable. I know about cults. Cults are led by maniacal narcissists who expect complete adoration and relinquishment of independent thought. I suggest Mr. Nunes look elsewhere.
10:21 AM · Oct 31, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

In 1978, Speier was shot five times as a congressional staffer trying to save people from the cult at Jonestown. She survived after being left for dead on airstrip for 22 hours. Speier almost never talks about the experience, so this is a real rebuke of Nunes.

Perhaps you can think of another maniacal narcissist
you act like a cult member
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:51 AM   #68
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,120
Trump Campaign Holds ‘Witch Hunt’ Halloween Party in Pennsylvania

scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:14 PM   #69
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,993
Trump cared about corruption in Ukraine like Bonnie & Clyde cared about the FDIC - as a source of financial opportunity. His jailed funders were working with his attorney to replace the directors of the state gas company with themselves.
Trump didn’t see Ukraine as the one country he would push to become less corrupt. Instead, he saw it as a weak, dependent country he could leverage for his own self-interest, political and financial.

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:19 PM   #70
ReelinRod
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
ReelinRod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Upper Bucks County PA
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
A few facts to keep handy in the face of intellectually dishonest GOP arguments today.

1. Impeachment of a President is not the process of undoing a previous election. It is the process whereby Congress indicts a President for wrongdoing while in office.
2. Though a quid pro quo is obvious, none is needed.

The drafters of the impeachment clause said so.

Madison was worried about the perfidy of a President, or deceit. He worried a President would wrongly work with a foreign power.

Edmund Randolph was concerned a President would seek to profit from the office, would seek emoluments from the presidency.

George Mason was concerned a President would undermine an investigation into himself, or might interfere with the work and duty of electors.

3. The whistleblower testimony is not needed.

Trump confessed to impeachable activity through release of the call notes.

Mulvaney corroborated it with his presser.

Bill Taylor confirmed it factually.

Lt. Col. Vindman contextualized it all as undermining US national security.

Eisenberg hid the transcript in an ultra secure server, showing consciousness of guilt, obstructing justice and abusing power.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Save all that and print it out and wave it at the TV on January 20th, 2021 as you watch Trump's second inauguration.



Allowing an illegal border crosser to stay in the US with amnesty and start the legal immigration process
is like allowing a bank robber to go free and keep the money as long as he fills out a loan application.
ReelinRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:25 PM   #71
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,120
it will be fun watching trump get 4 more years and many democrats getting prison time for seditious and criminal behavior
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:32 PM   #72
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,120
oh snap...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/latest...-ukraine-call/
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 03:11 PM   #73
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
oh snap

But other parts of Morrison’s opening statement did seem to bolster the idea that Trump was applying a pressure campaign on the Ukrainians through a non-official channel. Morrison noted that his predecessor, former national security official Fiona Hill, had told him that Sondland and the president’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani "were trying to get President Zelensky to reopen a Ukrainian investigation into Burisma.” Morrison went on to say that “At the time, I did not know what Burisma was or what the investigation entailed.”

“I did not understand why Ambassador Sondland would be involved in Ukraine policy,” he added.

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 03:34 PM   #74
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,120
so?
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:30 AM   #75
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,783
Asking for quid pro quo is illegal. Collision is illegal
Hiring a hitman illegal
Yelling fire in a theater illegal

No of these crimes require completion to be found guilty of a crime

Unless your a Republican the laws meaning and intent magically change.
To it was not completed so there can be no quid pro quo..
Yet if your name is Biden your guilty of corruption with no evidence no due process . All in attempt to deflect Trumps behavior a destroy any one who stands against him to include a decorated veteran Who just confirmed what we already know.
Republicans demanding there left out of the proceedings. when they are in the room , claim its unfair as it follows past hearings .. Just shows their willingness to lie present alternative facts so as not to upset the Dear leader and his worshipers
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:48 AM   #76
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Yet if your name is Biden your guilty of corruption with no evidence

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:49 AM   #77
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

a decorated veteran Who just confirmed what we already know.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
that info was disputed yesterday....try to keep up
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:54 AM   #78
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Unless your a Republican the laws meaning and intent magically change.

[/i][/size]
there were actually a couple of dems that voted yesterday that would disagree with you
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:58 AM   #79
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Collision is illegal


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
if this is true, lots of democrats, media members and deep state hacks should/will be parading to prison
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:59 AM   #80
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,993
Does that mean if the Dems can get a witness to say “the President committed impeachable offenses” then Trump is out because that’s basically your argument at this point. Try and keep up

The call is about 1% of the issue. Don’t lose sight of that, the Trumplicans will want you to. It’s ALL the pressure — by Rudy, Sondland, etc. for months and months. It’s Mulvaney. It’s the withholding of the $. It’s the firing of the Ambassador. It’s all of it. It’s all part of the quid pro quo aka conspiracy.
And: the issue IS NOT whether Ukraine felt “pressured” (although clearly they did). A politician can be guilty of attempted bribery by trying to bribe an undercover FBI agent who of course could never feel actually pressured. The intent that matters of the BRIBER not the BRIBEE.
And: Start to focus on the fact that Mitch McConnell kept asking the White House why the aid to Ukraine was being withheld and Mitch McConnell said that the White House would not tell him. Ummmmm ... if it was being withheld for a legit reason ... um ... why wouldn't they tell him?

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:00 AM   #81
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Does that mean if the Dems can get a witness to say “the President committed impeachable offenses” then Trump is out because that’s basically your argument at this point. Try and keep up

The call is about 1% of the issue. Don’t lose sight of that, the Trumplicans will want you to. It’s ALL the pressure — by Rudy, Sondland, etc. for months and months. It’s Mulvaney. It’s the withholding of the $. It’s the firing of the Ambassador. It’s all of it. It’s all part of the quid pro quo.
And: the issue IS NOT whether Ukraine felt “pressured” (although clearly they did). A politician can be guilty of attempted bribery by trying to bribe an undercover FBI agent who of course could never feel actually pressured. The intent that matters of the BRIBER not the BRIBEE.
And: Start to focus on the fact that Mitch McConnell kept asking the White House why the aid to Ukraine was being withheld and Mitch McConnell said that the White House would not tell him. Ummmmm ... if it was being withheld for a legit reason ... um ... why wouldn't they tell him?
hang in there
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:16 AM   #82
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
hang in there
Mitch McConnell kept asking the White House why the aid to Ukraine was being withheld and Mitch McConnell said that the White House would not tell him. Ummmmm ... if it was being withheld for a legit reason ... um ... why wouldn't they tell him?

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:49 AM   #83
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,987
🍔
Nothing burger
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:51 AM   #84
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 5,993
My judgment is that those House Republicans open to voting for impeachment simply decided to stick with the party yesterday, and to save their dissent for the real vote. No point telegraphing the jail break to the prison guards ahead of time.

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:16 AM   #85
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,987
Good for you PeteF, but as we have seen demonstrated in the past you have terrible judgement. Next...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #86
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Asking for quid pro quo is illegal.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Says who? That doesn't happen in politics every single day? Votes are paid for by favors every single day.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:04 AM   #87
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,783
Trump administration who argued that current and former senior White House aides have "absolute immunity" from being questioned by House impeachment investigators.


can you say dictator
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:14 AM   #88
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Says who? That doesn't happen in politics every single day? Votes are paid for by favors every single day.

guess you never heard of the casting couch

A POTUS asking a foreign leader to provide dirt on an opponent Via his personal lawyer (non elected or appointed ) or you wont get your Aid sure that happens every day in US politics

PS everyone on the planet says its a crime unless your a Trump supporter... then its no big deal
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:15 AM   #89
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
if this is true, lots of democrats, media members and deep state hacks should/will be parading to prison
but as always you lack supporting evidence for your conclusion
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:52 AM   #90
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
guess you never heard of the casting couch

A POTUS asking a foreign leader to provide dirt on an opponent Via his personal lawyer (non elected or appointed ) or you wont get your Aid sure that happens every day in US politics

PS everyone on the planet says its a crime unless your a Trump supporter... then its no big deal
OK, casting couch is illegal.

But it's not illegal in politics, for one politician to tell anther, "I'll vote for your bill if you vote for my bill." That's also a quid pro quo, happens every single day.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com