Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-26-2020, 10:20 AM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You ok? You seem angrier and angrier and now seem to feel the need to insult people constantly. Everything going ok in your life?
Thanks for your sincere and heartfelt concern. Everything is OK.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:43 AM   #2
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Thanks for your sincere and heartfelt concern. Everything is OK.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:37 AM   #3
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Watching the 60 Minutes interview and struck by Trump's constant posturing how how UNFAIR everything--the media, the coronavirus--is to him.

How many people would agree with the statement, "Life has been very unfair to Donald Trump?"
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Hey he didn't sign up to be President to be asked "tough questions". Very unfair!!
Old 10-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

I’d just like to have a President who isn’t scared of Lesley Stahl.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:21 AM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
I’d just like to have a President who isn’t scared of Lesley Stahl.
Trump is not afraid of her.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:52 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

He’s afraid of a lot.
Reminder: we still have never seen Trump’s school records, medical records, tax returns, minutes from meetings with Putin or WH visitor logs. He won’t say who he owes 400m to and he won’t submit his DNA from a case that is just one of his decades of sex crimes.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:02 AM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
He’s afraid of a lot.
Reminder: we still have never seen Trump’s school records, medical records, tax returns, minutes from meetings with Putin or WH visitor logs. He won’t say who he owes 400m to and he won’t submit his DNA from a case that is just one of his decades of sex crimes.
Maybe there's a computer with memos about all that stuff.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:02 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
He’s afraid of a lot.
Is the school records a big deal? Because it sure didn't matter in 2008 and 2012 when we had a guy who refused to share his school records.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:46 AM   #9
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Is the school records a big deal? Because it sure didn't matter in 2008 and 2012 when we had a guy who refused to share his school records.
But you always wanted to see Obama's even though Obama never bragged about them and claimed he was #1 in his class.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:29 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But you always wanted to see Obama's even though Obama never bragged about them and claimed he was #1 in his class.
I didn't want to see Obama's, I just liked poinitng out the hypocrisy of liberals who made fun of Bush's transcripts and McCain's transcripts, but have nothing to say about Obama. And you all told me that it was no big deal that Obama didn't release his.

Again, how about one set of rules/standards, and we apply them equally to all presidents, regardless of party. Crazy, I know.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:56 PM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I didn't want to see Obama's, I just liked poinitng out the hypocrisy of liberals who made fun of Bush's transcripts and McCain's transcripts, but have nothing to say about Obama. And you all told me that it was no big deal that Obama didn't release his.

Again, how about one set of rules/standards, and we apply them equally to all presidents, regardless of party. Crazy, I know.
You mean like the hypocrisy of the GOP stopping a Supreme Court appointment saying that close to the election it just shouldn’t be done but it’s ok for them now. Listen to the Republicans running in 2016, they knew who Trump was and all those same hypocrites now kiss his authoritarian arse. Just afraid of loosing the power, loosing your moral standard, the rule of law or plain common decency is ok. People in class houses shouldn’t be throwing stones.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:21 PM   #12
PaulS

Quote:

So you didn't want to see Obama's but constantly would ask to see it anyways

Ok, I get it.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:25 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Classic Whatabout.....
That’s what happens to cult members
Old 10-26-2020, 01:11 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

One standard, huh?

Reminder: we still have never seen Trump’s medical records, tax returns, minutes from meetings with Putin or WH visitor logs. He won’t say who he owes 400m to and he won’t submit his DNA from a case that is just one of his decades of sex crimes.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:05 PM   #15
scottw

Quote:
One standard, huh?

Reminder: we still have never seen Trump’s medical records, tax returns, minutes from meetings with Putin or WH visitor logs. He won’t say who he owes 400m to and he won’t submit his DNA from a case that is just one of his decades of sex crimes.
I'm sure you have all of the relevant articles and information taped to the walls of your bunker...you should send pics to adam shiff
Old 10-26-2020, 07:18 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

They did poll them and they aren’t better off but that poll doesn’t fit the Fox narrative so he’ll never see it
Meanwhile many of the folks that helped Trump ‘win’ the last election can no longer vote for him in this election because they are now convicted felons.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:41 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
They did poll them and they aren’t better off but that poll doesn’t fit the Fox narrative so he’ll never see it
Meanwhile many of the folks that helped Trump ‘win’ the last election can no longer vote for him in this election because they are now convicted felons.
sorry, hey said they are better off. again, we’re all very sorry that this fact gives you menstrual cramps.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:25 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

BREAKING NEWS: Trump White House Declares COVID-19 Uncontrollable and Says It Will Not Be Controlled, Conceding Defeat in the Midst of the Worst U.S. Public Health Crisis in a Century; Announcement Comes Even As Many Foreign Leaders With Fewer Resources Have Controlled the Virus
Old 10-26-2020, 11:55 PM   #19
detbuch

BREAKING NEWS: Pete F has gone bananas!
Old 10-27-2020, 07:50 AM   #20
wdmso

Jim all trump had to do is make it look like he was doing something and Americans could have said and would have said that was enough for them ..

But thats not what happen Trump denied it was an issue Fought against Masks tooth and nail .. {like you he made a suggestion here or there as evidence of his objectivity AKA to cover a base } the whole white house had a super spreader event,, Then he doubled down after he got out of Walter reed .. the head of the pandemic response Pence refuses to follow his own protocols. and his own chief of staff waved the white flag

I am sorry cutting off travel from China doesn't carry water anymore , operations warp speed Americans have seen right thru it .. Because torpedoed his own plan by offering un realistic release exceptions .. and even now with the Dakotas Wisconsin and areas in Texas exploding in Covid cases
he says we are rounding the bend or the the numbers are up because nurses and doctors and hospitals are inflating Covid numbers to GET PAID and hurt him really. I guess he has no idea whats going on in Europe ..

And for all the anti maskers (not suggesting you are one ) in general next time they have a surgery. please tell your surgeon and his team that you feel masks dont work.. so dont wear any and see what they tell you>>>
Old 10-27-2020, 08:03 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim all trump had to do is make it look like he was doing something and Americans could have said and would have said that was enough for them ..

But thats not what happen Trump denied it was an issue Fought against Masks tooth and nail .. {like you he made a suggestion here or there as evidence of his objectivity AKA to cover a base } the whole white house had a super spreader event,, Then he doubled down after he got out of Walter reed .. the head of the pandemic response Pence refuses to follow his own protocols. and his own chief of staff waved the white flag

I am sorry cutting off travel from China doesn't carry water anymore , operations warp speed Americans have seen right thru it .. Because torpedoed his own plan by offering un realistic release exceptions .. and even now with the Dakotas Wisconsin and areas in Texas exploding in Covid cases
he says we are rounding the bend or the the numbers are up because nurses and doctors and hospitals are inflating Covid numbers to GET PAID and hurt him really. I guess he has no idea whats going on in Europe ..

And for all the anti maskers (not suggesting you are one ) in general next time they have a surgery. please tell your surgeon and his team that you feel masks dont work.. so dont wear any and see what they tell you>>>
"Jim all trump had to do is make it look like he was doing something and Americans could have said and would have said that was enough for them "

So you would have been happy if he just made it look like he did something.

So the way he helped NY and CA, getting hospital ships there, converting convention centers to hospitals, getting them more than enough respirators, that wasn't even the appearance of doing anything?

Working with public and private agencies to ramp up production of masks and testing capabilities, that wasn't even the phony appearance of doing anything?

Here is an article with videos, where Gov Cuomo of NY said Trump "has delivered for NY. He has."

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/poli...ponse/2371465/

So Governor Cuomo of NY, who isn't a huge fan of Trump, said explicitly that Trump did a lot to help the state of NY.

So, maybe you want to reconsider your asinine statement.

Here is an article where Gov Newsom of CA, also praised Trump's coronavirus actions. A quote from Newsom...

"We have the USNS Mercy in California because of [Trump's] direct intervention and support, 2,000 of these federal medical stations because of his direct support," Newsom said on CNN. "So I can only speak for myself, but I have to be complementary. Otherwise, I would be simply lying to you, misleading you"

In other words, the CA governor says you are lying, when you say he didn't do anything constructive or helpful.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...elp-state-amid

As always, his tweets, comments, and style were often disgusting. His actions? Well, don't take my word for it Wayne, just read the comments from two of the most liberal governors in the country.

Trump helped them. Again, I can only imagine how much you hate that fact. But that's the thing about facts, they don't care whether you like them or not.

Put down the blind partisanship for 10 seconds, take off the tin foil hat, and think.

You have been pulverized.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:12 AM   #22
scottw

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1203822]

Put down the blind partisanship for 10 seconds, take off the tin foil hat, and think.

/QUOTE]

he thinks you are a lying dog faced pony soldier or something
Old 10-27-2020, 09:10 AM   #23
wdmso

Quote:
"Jim all trump had to do is make it look like he was doing something and Americans could have said and would have said that was enough for them "

So you would have been happy if he just made it look like he did something.

So the way he helped NY and CA, getting hospital ships there, converting convention centers to hospitals, getting them more than enough respirators, that wasn't even the appearance of doing anything?

Working with public and private agencies to ramp up production of masks and testing capabilities, that wasn't even the phony appearance of doing anything?

Here is an article with videos, where Gov Cuomo of NY said Trump "has delivered for NY. He has."

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/poli...ponse/2371465/

So Governor Cuomo of NY, who isn't a huge fan of Trump, said explicitly that Trump did a lot to help the state of NY.

So, maybe you want to reconsider your asinine statement.

Here is an article where Gov Newsom of CA, also praised Trump's coronavirus actions. A quote from Newsom...

"We have the USNS Mercy in California because of [Trump's] direct intervention and support, 2,000 of these federal medical stations because of his direct support," Newsom said on CNN. "So I can only speak for myself, but I have to be complementary. Otherwise, I would be simply lying to you, misleading you"

In other words, the CA governor says you are lying, when you say he didn't do anything constructive or helpful.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...elp-state-amid

As always, his tweets, comments, and style were often disgusting. His actions? Well, don't take my word for it Wayne, just read the comments from two of the most liberal governors in the country.

Trump helped them. Again, I can only imagine how much you hate that fact. But that's the thing about facts, they don't care whether you like them or not.

Jim moving ship is not doing something trumps lovers love praising Trump for doing what he is supposed to do. Thats the real TDS

Prasing Trump is how you deal with this Transactional POTUs if you thought they were sincere your smoking crack.

TRUMP couldnt even try faking it. He couldn’t be bothered

The only thing you pulverized was the trump pill you snorted before writing this
Old 10-27-2020, 08:09 AM   #24
scottw

Quote:

. and even now with the Dakotas Wisconsin and areas in Texas exploding in Covid cases

>>
Illinios, California, league leaders in new cases, Rhode Island spiking beyond spring levels and I don't know if you've checked the BBC lately but europe is similarly spiking = clearly trumps fault...damn those conservative states with republican governors and non-mask wearing trumplicans!!!!

ps...I was out and about the other day made a couple of stops at a convenience store and a couple other places and I could be wrong but the people I saw NOT wearing masks in public places were probably not those you hear described as typical or likely trump voters(I was wearing mine)
Old 10-27-2020, 09:13 AM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Illinios, California, league leaders in new cases, Rhode Island spiking beyond spring levels and I don't know if you've checked the BBC lately but europe is similarly spiking = clearly trumps fault...damn those conservative states with republican governors and non-mask wearing trumplicans!!!!

ps...I was out and about the other day made a couple of stops at a convenience store and a couple other places and I could be wrong but the people I saw NOT wearing masks in public places were probably not those you hear described as typical or likely trump voters(I was wearing mine)
Scott maybe you should tell your Potus covid is running out of control or even better his faithful.. your post whould be blasphemy ..on any conservative web site
Old 10-27-2020, 08:11 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's funny, like everything else, I struggle to make up my mind definitively on masks. Because there are very smart people who say masks work (which is where I lean), and there are very smart people who say they don't work. I feel like I cannot know who is right, I'm not a virologist, or a health care researcher. It's amazing to me that even on something as simple as masks, there is zero consensus. There are peer reviewed studies showing masks do nothing. It's hard for me to believe that they don't help at least a little, and I wear one every time I go out. But there's no consensus...

What works in surgery isn't the same as what works with this virus. It's possible the droplets are too small to be captured with a cloth mask. Again, I'm not taking that position, but there are smart people who do.

I pretty much gave up trying to figure this out, how can you when there is zero consensus among the experts? I don't know enough to feel comfortable saying one side is wrong. SO I go with my gut and wear a mask.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:20 AM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
It's funny, like everything else, I struggle to make up my mind definitively on masks. Because there are very smart people who say masks work (which is where I lean), and there are very smart people who say they don't work. I feel like I cannot know who is right, I'm not a virologist, or a health care researcher. It's amazing to me that even on something as simple as masks, there is zero consensus. There are peer reviewed studies showing masks do nothing. It's hard for me to believe that they don't help at least a little, and I wear one every time I go out. But there's no consensus...

What works in surgery isn't the same as what works with this virus. It's possible the droplets are too small to be captured with a cloth mask. Again, I'm not taking that position, but there are smart people who do.

I pretty much gave up trying to figure this out, how can you when there is zero consensus among the experts? I don't know enough to feel comfortable saying one side is wrong. SO I go with my gut and wear a mask.
What works in surgery isn't the same as what works with this viru

there is zero consensus among the experts?

OMG. I bet you think we moved out of the Stone age because we ran out of Rocks.

Unbelievable response to telling a surgeon not wear masks
Old 10-27-2020, 09:39 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
What works in surgery isn't the same as what works with this viru

there is zero consensus among the experts?

OMG. I bet you think we moved out of the Stone age because we ran out of Rocks.

Unbelievable response to telling a surgeon not wear masks
I'm not telling surgeons not to wear masks.

What I meant was, regarding covid, there is no consensus in the medical community as to whether or not masks work. I have to believe they help. But for every study you'd like to post suggesting masks help with covid, I can post a study showing they don't work.

That's the reality - no consensus on masks. I'm not making that up to prove a political point, as I wear a mask in public 100% of the time. I'm just stating the truth - within the medical and scientific community, there is zero consensus on whether or not masks work.

Again, I wear a mask, so I tend to err on the side of caution and choose to wear one. But there are scientists who say they are useless in the fight against covid.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:41 AM   #29
spence

Quote:
There are peer reviewed studies showing masks do nothing.
Great, name one.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:48 AM   #30
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Great, name one.
Trumptard polytechnics institute
And
Conservative evangelical prolife stop caring after they are born #^&#^&#^&#^&em they are on there own superpac foundation