Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Exclamation Don't be Too Proud! Pull Over if You're Tired!

I had a major accident this weekend due to me be fatigued behind the wheel. I had a long day of work last Friday and didn't properly hydrate or nurish myself and fell asleep at the wheel, ran off the road and hit a tree head on coming back from the Cape. I was fortunate and walked away. The car is totaled but I'm fine. I spent the night in the hospital and everything checked out fine but it was quite scary. I had warning signs and thought I could manage through it but I should have pulled over even though I was just a few miles from my house. I had a client meetings in the morning(no breakfast just coffee) in Rockland then drove to Falmouth for another meeting in the afternoon(no lunch just water). I followed that up by walking 9 holes of golf(water) and had a couple of beers at 5:30pm. I then went off to the canal and fished instead of grabbing something too eat. The accident happened at 8:20pm. I was talking to my wife on the phone 10 minutes prior and she said I sounded tired. I told her I would be home in a few minutes. Right before the accident I had extreme nausea, sweating, and dizzyness. I fought it off and panicked myself to the point of blacking out and crashing on a side street in Duxbury. Fortunately I didn't hit anybody else or do any property damage other than my own car which can be replaced. I had .022 blood alchohol and low blood sugar and potassium with mild dehydration but it was enough combined with my anxiety to make me pass out. My plee to everyone that burns the candle at both ends and fishes long nights, etc is too please pull over if you get too tired on the road. You may not get a second chance. I don't want to bring people down with this thread but I hope it helps someone who drives a lot and maybe dosen't eat right and get enough rest. Take it easy! Thanks for reading this.

John Cap

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote