Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-15-2016, 04:37 AM   #1
wdmso

your example: September 18, 2008 “Argue With Neighbors, Get In Their Face”

the whole quote

"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they're independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face!"

Sorry I didn't have time to debunk all your comparision examples

I guess Trump supporters would only focus on the Get in their face part of the message and see it as a green light to assault people or spit in their Face .. or a call to violence

While those of us who need mental screenings would read the whole statement in the context of sell the message dont give up.. argue your position be loud and be heard .. But I guess thats what separates us from Trump supporters

And now he want to arrest protester for protesting he's going to press charges against them Interesting
Old 03-15-2016, 06:10 AM   #2
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
your example: September 18, 2008 “Argue With Neighbors, Get In Their Face”

the whole quote

"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they're independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face!"

Sorry I didn't have time to debunk all your comparision examples

I guess Trump supporters would only focus on the Get in their face part of the message and see it as a green light to assault people or spit in their Face .. or a call to violence

While those of us who need mental screenings would read the whole statement in the context of sell the message dont give up.. argue your position be loud and be heard .. But I guess thats what separates us from Trump supporters

And now he want to arrest protester for protesting he's going to press charges against them Interesting
Now that Trump has been awarded Secret Service protection, protesters threatening him can face serious consequences.
Trump supporters certainly have the legal right to protect themselves from groups that have a violent past. From the videos I saw, Trump supporters were protecting themselves . I have yet to see Trump supporters burning down buildings , looting and beating up people simply because they are of a different race .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-15-2016, 06:38 AM   #3
scottw

what an incredible ability to ignore the behavior or these "protesters" as well as the history of this type of behavior from the left and instead focus on Trump as some kind of exception and ....how about democrat supporting unions, how have they behaved over the years particularly around election time? democrats have been thugs in general, have set the standard for bad behavior and now act horrified that Trump kinda resembles them...too damn funny.....
Old 03-15-2016, 06:40 AM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Now that Trump has been awarded Secret Service protection, protesters threatening him can face serious consequences.
Trump supporters certainly have the legal right to protect themselves from groups that have a violent past. From the videos I saw, Trump supporters were protecting themselves . I have yet to see Trump supporters burning down buildings , looting and beating up people simply because they are of a different race .
Yea, like sucker punching a protester walking out of the arena? Has there been a since incident of a Trump protester actually starting a fight?

Do you have any idea why the protesters are so upset?
Old 03-15-2016, 07:00 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

yup...cause after 8 years of hoping for change their lives still suck and they want to blame someone...they apparently have the time in their lives to go to a rally for someone they'll never support to express hate and make asses out of themselves...probably just wanna be on the news
Old 03-15-2016, 07:15 AM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
yup...cause after 8 years of hoping for change their lives still suck and they want to blame someone...they apparently have the time in their lives to go to a rally for someone they'll never support to express hate and make asses out of themselves...probably just wanna be on the news
I was talking about the protesters, not the Trump supporters.

There goes that number 8 again...
Old 03-15-2016, 07:19 AM   #7
scottw

I don't think the Trump supporters are upset...seems like they are there having a great time till the protesters show up uninvited acting like fools and warranting arrest in some cases....

Trump tried to go to one of the most violent cities in the world the other day, completely run by democrats for decades....and Trump was accused of inciting violence....hilarious....mental disorder
Old 03-15-2016, 07:47 AM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I don't think the Trump supporters are upset...seems like they are there having a great time till the protesters show up uninvited acting like fools and warranting arrest in some cases....
Of course they're having a great time, who doesn't like a free show?
Old 03-15-2016, 07:16 AM   #9
buckman

[QUOTE=spence;1096259

Do you have any idea why the protesters are so upset?[/QUOTE]

Well a vast majority of them I believe need to find some sort of narcissistic self important issue to latch on to , so they can call them self an activist whatever the #^&#^&#^&#^& that means . Other than that, no, I have no idea what they stand for .
Old 03-15-2016, 10:07 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:

No one likes getting offended, and Trump is offensive.

So is Al Sharpton. Yet you don't see white conservatives rioting to prevent him from speaking.

WHY IS THAT, SPENCE?

Liberals would be well-served to take 5 minutes and read the Bill Of Rights, there must be a children's pop-up book version of it somewhere. In there, it says Trump has the right to free speech, and that his supporters have the right to free assembly.

Nowhere in there, does it say that liberals have the right to never be offended. That right doesn't exist.

Liberals love plurality of everything, except ideas.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #11
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
No one likes getting offended, and Trump is offensive.

So is Al Sharpton. Yet you don't see white conservatives rioting to prevent him from speaking.

WHY IS THAT, SPENCE?

Liberals would be well-served to take 5 minutes and read the Bill Of Rights, there must be a children's pop-up book version of it somewhere. In there, it says Trump has the right to free speech, and that his supporters have the right to free assembly.

Nowhere in there, does it say that liberals have the right to never be offended. That right doesn't exist.

Liberals love plurality of everything, except ideas.
Jim , I don't find what Trymp says as that offensive . It seams you have fallen for the Romney / media talking points . What he says is off the cuff , without script band almost always portrayed out of context . You're too bright to fall for that and certainly able to read between the lines . It's refreshing to have that, as even Megyn Kelly has said . He is a master at dominating the air waves . I believe he just might be a bit smarter then you give him credit for .
He shouldn't even be used in the same post as an Al Sharpton.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:31 AM   #12
spence

Quote:
Jim , I don't find what Trymp says as that offensive . It seams you have fallen for the Romney / media talking points .
If my kids talked like Trump they'd get suspended from school. In nearly every situation where he could speak like a leader he instead turns to obscenities, division and blaming others. He seems willing to make just about anything up to suit his point and pull the worst from people.

He's a just con artist and a masterful one at that.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:47 AM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
If my kids talked like Trump they'd get suspended from school. In nearly every situation where he could speak like a leader he instead turns to obscenities, division and blaming others. He seems willing to make just about anything up to suit his point and pull the worst from people.

Again you say things about a Republican that can be said about Democrats. What's your point? Is it that Trump is better at it?
Old 03-15-2016, 10:57 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Based on the fact that you won't concede that Hilary has ever lied, I'd say she conned you pretty good.

She also says I am pro-life because I hate wonen's health (in reality it's because I have empathy for the baby), that if I am concerned about our debt it's because I hate poor people, if I want secure borders it's because I hate Mexicans, if I support freedom of religion it's because I hate homosexuals, blah blah blah.

Part of the reason why people like Trump, is because when liberals inevitably hit below the belt (which they do when they know they can't debate the merits of their positions), Trump (unlike Bush, McCain, and Romney) will roll up his sleeves, put on a pair of brass knuckles, and hit back, hard, and call you nasty names while he's doing it. Some of those people deserve exactly that.

He goes too far, and he does it to people who don't deserve it...that's my isue with it. But we need someone, when Hilary claims to be a feminist, who will tell her to STFU, that she has no moral authority on feminism because of who she married, and how she attacked his victims. I genuinely respect Trump's willingness to call that crap out for EXACTLY what it is.

If all conservatives responded a bit more like Trump, liberals would be a lot less likely to lie about what conservatives believe. He's a lot like Ann Coulter, but more so. I have seen Ann Coulter put these smug liberals in their place, and leave them unable to respond, more times than I can count.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:01 PM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
In nearly every situation where he could speak like a leader he instead turns to obscenities, division and blaming others. He seems willing to make just about anything up to suit his point and pull the worst from people.

Sounds just like Sharpton

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim , I don't find what Trymp says as that offensive . It seams you have fallen for the Romney / media talking points . What he says is off the cuff , without script band almost always portrayed out of context . You're too bright to fall for that and certainly able to read between the lines . It's refreshing to have that, as even Megyn Kelly has said . He is a master at dominating the air waves . I believe he just might be a bit smarter then you give him credit for .
He shouldn't even be used in the same post as an Al Sharpton.
"I don't find what Trymp says as that offensive"

He said he didn't respect John McCain because he was captured, and he made fun of Carly Fiorina's looks. I think I have pretty thick skin, but I don't know how anyone can fail to be deeply offended by that.

I could care less about what 'offends' the liberals who live in the upper west side of Manhattan or Hollywood, bit those are the things that offend me.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:56 AM   #17
spence

Quote:
He said he didn't respect John McCain because he was captured, and he made fun of Carly Fiorina's looks. I think I have pretty thick skin, but I don't know how anyone can fail to be deeply offended by that.
Couldn't agree more. The McCain comment was over the top. Making fun of a person's looks is great lesson to teach your kids.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:19 AM   #18
buckman

Quote:
"I don't find what Trymp says as that offensive"

I could care less about what 'offends' the liberals who live in the upper west side of Manhattan or Hollywood, bit those are the things that offend me.
I'll agree he does occasionally say some pretty outlandish things , everyone does . You just called him a con artist , nice talking point , but you have no evidence that this is a con . How is that so much different .
I grew up in a large Irish family , we always kid each other and I can't ever remember anyone being upset . People are too sensitive now a days , it creates all kinda stress and hate .
Lighten up