Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Congress approved arms sales to the Ukraine in 2014,

Yet it didn't happen till the Trump era.

I suspect that while this final approval was heavily supported by top Trump national security Cabinet officials and Congress I suspect it will complicate President Trump’s stated ambition to work with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Yeah, and other things have complicated Trump's supposed love of Putin, like his bombing of the Syrian air base, and recognition of Jerusalem as capital of Israel, and some of his executive orders. And he hasn't been in office a year yet.

If I were a fly on the wall during closed door discussions on this, I'd bet Trump was not to happy about it.

I wouldn't know if he was happy or sad. His MO always seems to have been to have a goal, then get experts to implement it. That's why he gets rid of those who don't make his goal happen. Unless you know what his goal is vis a vis the Ukraine, you cannot know if he is happy with arming it.

I'm happy that he is taking his 111st day at his resort, I know for sure he needs the rest, my God watching 8 hours of TV a day would wipe me out for sure. Although I've seen his golf swing, he definitely needs some work on that, so I hope he gets in a lesson or two. Secret service golf cart rentals alone this year are over $145,000, nice that his resort is making money while he takes time off, it's a win-win for the Donald.
Should he be striving for lose-lose?
Old 12-27-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Should he be striving for lose-lose?
I hope we survive the "Trump Era". This thread started to discuss disinformation, phantom ghost writers, Russian backed social media efforts to not only interfere in our elections, but to influence the public's perspective of things Russia (you could probably add NK and China) feels are in their best interest globally. To Russia that's attacking anything democratic, but yet our Potus still has a hard time admitting Russian meddling even happened. Just kills me that he even goes so far as to state he believe's Putin is being honest when he tells him Russia didn't do it.

You of course are well trained in the Trump tactic of misdirection and changing the subject is a predictable tactic, is that because you don't perceive this new cyber warfare a problem? Possibly it's because like Trump, if you admit that the Russians indeed did meddle and likely influence our 2016 election, then it somehow taints the Trump win?

US policies that were in place and I suspect regardless of who won in 2016, probably wouldn't have changed all that much in the handling of the Ukraine or the Syria arenas, however I'll give you a Trump high five for the redirection; it was as predictable as many of your next responses likely are.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:00 PM   #3
wdmso

Talk about disinformation

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/17/u...aws-bills.html
Old 12-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

I hope we survive the "Trump Era".
I wouldn't count on it...