Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-06-2019, 05:15 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You guys crack me up, all these posts over a problem that really is minor when you consider Syria, Iran, Venezuela, nuclear arms agreements. They TRUMP the wall by a margin that makes this thread stupid imho. Trumps ability to mess with foreign policy to the point really exceptional people leave because they can’t in good conscience carry out orders by this POTUS. But hey keep beating up the pros and cons of the fing wall to dramatically slow the problem that has been slowing itself for a decade and is only a part of a much larger immigration policy issue.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Is anyone saying ignore Syria or Iran? We can walk and chew gum at the same time.

There are at least 12 million people living here, and we don't know who they are. Is that minor?
Old 02-07-2019, 05:04 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
There are at least 12 million people living here, and we don't know who they are. Is that minor?

and the majority are visa overstayers but your hung up on the wall

OMG the horror I dont know who lives 5 houses down from me let me call ICE

Fear is a horrible thing...
Old 02-07-2019, 07:48 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
and the majority are visa overstayers but your hung up on the wall

OMG the horror I dont know who lives 5 houses down from me let me call ICE

Fear is a horrible thing...
i’m relying on what the border agents and obama’s head of
border patrol are saying. how could a politician possibly know more than a true subject matter expert?

i keep asking you if walls workedmin san diego, yuma, and el paso, and you keep dodging.

i can logically and reasonably explain my position. i support walls because (1) history has shown they add value, and (2) the actual experts are saying we need to expand it.

all you can do to defend your position, is lib insults. you can’t answer a yes/no question.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:54 PM   #4
DZ

Quote:
i’m relying on what the border agents and head of
border patrol are saying. how could a politician possibly know more than a true subject matter expert?
Yep, they should have the most weight in determining if a wall is effective. If they say it's needed and effective we should be funding it.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
i keep asking you if walls workedmin san diego, yuma, and el paso, and you keep dodging.

This has been asked a dozen times by you and answered. Is the terrain the same in san diego or el paso as it is in the middle of the desert?

And it makes no sense to go only by the word of a border guard who is responsible for a small slice of the border versus a rep. who knows info. about many many times the length of what a border guard knows. All the reps. say there is no need for a fence from coast to coast.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
This has been asked a dozen times by you and answered. Is the terrain the same in san diego or el paso as it is in the middle of the desert?

And it makes no sense to go only by the word of a border guard who is responsible for a small slice of the border versus a rep. who knows info. about many many times the length of what a border guard knows. All the reps. say there is no need for a fence from coast to coast.
"This has been asked a dozen times by you and answered."

I don't see your answer, so instead of saying "this has been answered", can you just answer it again?

"Is the terrain the same in san diego or el paso as it is in the middle of the desert? "

I don't know. Is the terrain identical in San Diego, and Yuma, and El Paso? Is the terrain that much different where Trump wants to expand them? If the terrain is different, why did all the dems still support expanding the wall in 2006 and 2013?

Why does the Israeli southern wall, on the desert, help stop illegal immigration?

"And it makes no sense to go only by the word of a border guard "

How about Obama's head of the Border Patrol? He was responsible for the whole border, he was appointed by Obama and fired by Trump, so he has no reason to lie to make Trump look good. Does he know anything?
Old 02-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #7
PaulS

Quote:
"This has been asked a dozen times by you and answered."

I don't see your answer, so instead of saying "this has been answered", can you just answer it again?So are prob. the most prolific poster here and either miss responses or choose to ignore them but complain that people aren't responding to your question and you wonder why they don't respond to each and every question.

"Is the terrain the same in san diego or el paso as it is in the middle of the desert? "

I don't know. Is the terrain identical in San Diego, and Yuma, and El Paso? Is the terrain that much different where Trump wants to expand them? If the terrain is different, why did all the dems still support expanding the wall in 2006 and 2013?

Why does the Israeli southern wall, on the desert, help stop illegal immigration?
BC Isreal is different and there are spots where you can walk out of your house go 50 yards and cross the border - same as SD or EP. That isn't the case in middle of the desert or on the Rio Grande.

By your logic since there are flood control walls on the naugatuck river in Ansonia and Derby we need to put another 70 miles of flood control walls on the remainder of the river since they have also flooded in the past.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:32 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
BC Isreal is different and there are spots where you can walk out of your house go 50 yards and cross the border - same as SD or EP. That isn't the case in middle of the desert or on the Rio Grande.

By your logic since there are flood control walls on the naugatuck river in Ansonia and Derby we need to put another 70 miles of flood control walls on the remainder of the river since they have also flooded in the past.
So I'll ask you then, did walls work in San Diego, Yuma, and El Paso?

If the remaining terrain is so un-fit for expanded walls, why did dems approve it, in 2006 and in 2013?
Old 02-07-2019, 02:07 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
All the reps. say there is no need for a fence from coast to coast.
Then I have good news for you. Trump also isn't asking for a wall from coast to coast, not even close. Just where he thinks it makes sense.