Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-14-2019, 04:56 AM   #1
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If all of the above were legal, would it increase or decrease their occurrence?

Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of man will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice without constraint.
Alexander Hamilton
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

what's your point?

Hamilton also proposed President for Life, Senators for Life and was viewed as a monarchist sympathizer....

"Ultimately Hamilton wanted to take the idea of self government out of the Constitution, claiming that power should go to the "rich and well born". This idea all but isolated Hamilton from his fellow delegates and others who were tempered in the ideas of revolution and liberty."

According to Madison's notes, Hamilton said in regards to the executive, "The English model was the only good one on this subject. The hereditary interest of the king was so interwoven with that of the nation, and his personal emoluments so great, that he was placed above the danger of being corrupted from abroad... Let one executive be appointed for life who dares execute his powers."

I guess Hamilton would have been in favor of KING TRUMP
Old 08-14-2019, 06:39 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
what's your point?

Hamilton also proposed President for Life, Senators for Life and was viewed as a monarchist sympathizer....

"Ultimately Hamilton wanted to take the idea of self government out of the Constitution, claiming that power should go to the "rich and well born". This idea all but isolated Hamilton from his fellow delegates and others who were tempered in the ideas of revolution and liberty."

According to Madison's notes, Hamilton said in regards to the executive, "The English model was the only good one on this subject. The hereditary interest of the king was so interwoven with that of the nation, and his personal emoluments so great, that he was placed above the danger of being corrupted from abroad... Let one executive be appointed for life who dares execute his powers."

I guess Hamilton would have been in favor of KING TRUMP
My point is laws never totally eliminate behavior, but we still believe they are necessary.

What’s yours?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-14-2019, 06:48 AM   #3
Sea Dangles

Quote:
My point is laws never totally eliminate behavior, but we still believe they are necessary.

What’s yours?
Do you adhere to everythingHamilton stood for PeteF ,or are you being selective again? Asking for a friend.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-14-2019, 07:09 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:

good one!...wtf?
Old 08-14-2019, 10:18 AM   #5
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

of course, but that does not mean we should put up with bad laws that favor the power hungry rulers who sit on their butts and tell us how to live.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.