Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-07-2019, 09:12 AM   #211
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I see a clear pattern from our resident Trump Supporters and liberal haters

Most of their responses are canned responses as if they cant articulate a reasonable argument that is Fact base .. aka TDS, snowflake , spelling

you think Climate change is real . ( response its a hoax and it any attempts to fix will destroy the economy and our way of life happens all the time ) evidence non provided

support gun control even if you own a gun and have a license to carry ( response you want to take our guns and rights seizure ) evidence none provided

Against a wall but not against fixing the issue (response you support open borders or illegal immigration ) evidence none provided

Against police who shoot unarmed people ( response you hate the police or do as your told )

Trump changing the forecast map, lying daily Pence staying at Tump property in Ireland so on and so forth , Trump supporters oddly enough have nothing to say about theses topic .. ( other than the canned TDS or snowflakes)

they only have comments towards those who highlight their existence... they even ignoring their past paper trail of written words exposing their Hypocrisy .. some who had extensive detailed posts who now only only conduct Drive by post's others who feel 1 or 2 critical post for or against response is all it takes to show objectivity with hundreds of post in 1 direction ..

Clearly My Views of the Direction Trump is taking the USA (not talking economy) is a road to Nationalism hiding behind Patriotism...

and will be seen by the cult personalties or Trump supporters as hating America again with no evidence given

A cult of personality, or cult of the leader,[1] arises when a country's regime – or, more rarely, an individual – uses the techniques of mass media, propaganda, the big lie, spectacle, the arts, patriotism, and government-organized demonstrations and rallies to create an idealized, heroic, and worshipful image of a leader, often through unquestioning flattery and praise.

And here I thought this ^^^^^ couldn't happen in America How wrong i was

NOAA Contradicts Weather Service, Backs Trump On Hurricane Threat In Alabama (don't question the leader .. fact not one forecasting map had the hurricane map any where Alabama...

After the president's tweet, the National Weather Service, in Birmingham, Ala., responded with its own tweet, saying "Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian. We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane #Dorian will be felt across Alabama. The system will remain too far east."

they also must be trying to embarrass Trump liberal operatives have infiltrated the national weather service in Alabama .. its the only logical explanation
Curious that you only see this on the “other” side. Yet when presented with facts that contradict your opinions,you come up with a false equivalency. Human nature I guess. But some don’t see it that way....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #212
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
How can we not be caught up in it, it's something stupid or dumb coming out of his mouth or twitter account week after week and when he gets called out on something he got totally wrong he reverts back to his childhood. Only a child caught in a lie takes out a sharpie to recreate the hurricane track to make his lie the truth.

Maybe some just find it too difficult to not get caught up in stupid stuff. I've never got caught up in Biden's constant nonsense. Maybe a sardonic chuckle or so. But never considered them relevant. My only significant opposition to him is his policies.

You MR. (Detbuch) CONSTITUTION, you seem to be OK with Trump steeling money from the military to build his wall. The constitution was set up to prevent authoritarian leadership to have control over our tax payer money, yet now apparently you don't see a problem with him taking control of the purse. Where are you now when our Potus is ignoring the intent of the constitution, or is it as I've stated before; the means justify the ends and a rule bent here or there is ok?
He has not taken control of the purse. Congress still has that control. But, as I pointed out to you, Congress is made up of two constitutional parts, the House and the Senate. Both have to agree on spending. If the Senate supports the President against the House, then the President, constitutionally, gets his funds.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:13 PM   #213
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
As of Friday evening, Trump had posted 15 tweets and five maps about Alabama and the storm to try to prove his original tweet was correct, despite the fact that he'd been publicly rebuked by the National Weather Service.
You focus only on one side of the barrage. Trump is constantly being bombarded by accusations and characterizations. I find no fault in him retorting back in whatever number of tweets he wishes. He may not always be right, but he often is. He was (and is) voluminously portrayed, and "publicly rebuked", as a traitor, Russian collaborator, Nazi, Fascist, homophobe, misogynist, alt-right, racist, and it has demonstrably been shown that he isn't. But if he didn't fight back, with lots and lots of tweets among other ways, he probably would have been destroyed. And it is obvious to me that the intention has been to destroy him.

So I give him kudos for defending every millimeter and ounce of personal turf that he still has. Even when he is mistaken, I understand the gravity of what is being attempted against him and the need to counter it. And I understand why you so strenuously speak in accord with those who oppose him. And why every little possibly denigrating word or move he speaks or makes must be weaponized against him when the big, important, stuff he is accused of fails.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:00 PM   #214
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You focus only on one side of the barrage. Trump is constantly being bombarded by accusations and characterizations. I find no fault in him retorting back in whatever number of tweets he wishes. He may not always be right, but he often is. He was (and is) voluminously portrayed, and "publicly rebuked", as a traitor, Russian collaborator, Nazi, Fascist, homophobe, misogynist, alt-right, racist, and it has demonstrably been shown that he isn't. But if he didn't fight back, with lots and lots of tweets among other ways, he probably would have been destroyed. And it is obvious to me that the intention has been to destroy him.

So I give him kudos for defending every millimeter and ounce of personal turf that he still has. Even when he is mistaken, I understand the gravity of what is being attempted against him and the need to counter it. And I understand why you so strenuously speak in accord with those who oppose him. And why every little possibly denigrating word or move he speaks or makes must be weaponized against him when the big, important, stuff he is accused of fails.
last week, cnn had the head of the psychology department of Duke university on. he said trump has killed millions more than hitler, stalin, or mao, and the host didn’t object. that’s as crazy and as antithetical to fair play as anything trump has ever done. the libs changed the rules in 2008, and after two cycles the right figured out to nominate someone quite at home in the arena of dirty fighting, and now the left acts as if they did nothing to bring this about. they portrayed mccain as a senile old racist, and romney as a heartless plutocrat who objectified women, too bad for them if someone’s better at that game than they are, you reap what you sow.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:27 PM   #215
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is dumb...trump did provide the dummies with something to blabber on about mindlessly and endlessly though....marker gate.....he and his family are probably robbing the bank while the dummies talk about magic markers
Well, you finally put your proverbial finger on Trump’s MO

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2019, 05:54 PM   #216
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You focus only on one side of the barrage. Trump is constantly being bombarded by accusations and characterizations. I find no fault in him retorting back in whatever number of tweets he wishes. He may not always be right, but he often is. He was (and is) voluminously portrayed, and "publicly rebuked", as a traitor, Russian collaborator, Nazi, Fascist, homophobe, misogynist, alt-right, racist, and it has demonstrably been shown that he isn't.
Trump sets himself against anyone who doesn’t support him.
He consistently denigrates anyone who criticizes him in any way and demands praise that in his mind and perhaps yours is due.
His base, of which you seem to be part, has shown no growth despite the good economy.
I have seen no demonstrable evidence that he is not any of the things he has been accused of, and far more evidence that he is. Claiming that you are the least........does not make you so, but in most people’s minds, reinforces the belief that the converse is true.
60% of Americans are too smart to fall for Trump.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2019, 06:37 PM   #217
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

last week, cnn had the head of the psychology department of Duke university on. he said trump has killed millions more than hitler, stalin, or mao,
was his name Pete F. ?
Old 09-07-2019, 11:31 PM   #218
detbuch

Quote:
Trump sets himself against anyone who doesn’t support him.

How do you know such a thing? How do you know that there are not many instances in which he doesn't? Just because your preferred media hasn't reported it or isn't even aware of it? You seem to be an absolutist for that which you think you know. Yet it is apparent that you're ignorant of a whole lot more things than the limited number of things you think you know.

And, anyway, what's so wrong about being against those who do not support you, especially when you are in a war with those who want to destroy you?

He consistently denigrates anyone who criticizes him in any way and demands praise that in his mind and perhaps yours is due.

Again, what makes you think you know of every instance where someone criticized him? How do you know that there are not times when he was criticized and he not only didn't denigrate, but thanked or agreed with someone who pointed out his error? And what's so bad about denigrating someone who unfairly criticizes you, especially when you are in a war with those who want to destroy you?

His base, of which you seem to be part, has shown no growth despite the good economy.

I don't know if that is true or significant to me if it were. I have no faith in media statistics. They have so often been wrong. And about stuff that is irrelevant to what is politically important to me.

I have seen no demonstrable evidence that he is not any of the things he has been accused of, and far more evidence that he is.

I don't believe that you would accept demonstrable evidence. I have, many times, pointed out how long lists of what you consider evidence were neither demonstrable nor correctly applicable to Trump. You never were able to demonstrably refute me. You seem to just keep throwing out stuff you read or saw which denigrated Trump, some of which you haven't fully understood or which actually refuted your opinion. But which ultimately are no more than opinion. Biased, unsubstantiated opinion.

Claiming that you are the least........does not make you so, but in most people’s minds, reinforces the belief that the converse is true.
60% of Americans are too smart to fall for Trump.
Again, you spout vague, biased opinion. And throw in some media statistic that is irrelevant, not truly substantiated (no-one has polled 60% of Americans), and probably has internal biases and contradictions which, when considered, skew the totality in a direction not intended by a bald sample. One can find statistics which favor Trump as well. If all the agenda driven statistics were quoted, could we tally them and claim that if anti-Trump stats outnumber pro-Trump stats, then the anti would win and therefore prove that Trump is a bad guy, or vice versa? This is nonsense.

Just so you know where I'm coming from, let me say that your opinions may be right. And they may be wrong. But proof requires, for me, a high bar to hurdle. For me, your supposed evidences have not even come close to jumping that high. Your stuff is like the Russian collusion, conspiracy thing was and which went up in smoke when media and political anti-Trumpists had their constantly iterated and expanding inflammatory bubble burst when their narrative was actually scrutinized rather than just merely being accepted. And like plans B, C, et al (racist, white nationalist, and so forth) that followed when that failed. A whole lot of circumstantial factoids, spiced up with biased opinion, presented as a plausible package of destructive Trump guilt.

There is nothing substantial in all that diatribe, biased accusation, and shear puffery or propaganda to outweigh my desire for policies that lead to the actual constitutional government that I prefer. Progressivism, no matter how nice or moral or honest the candidate, is counter to what I stand for. If the only other viable choice is a Republican, a lesser devil, giving some hope for constitutionalism, then that will win my vote.

Last edited by detbuch; 09-08-2019 at 12:17 AM..
Old 09-08-2019, 12:13 AM   #219
Pete F.
Canceled

There’s always a tweet for that
http://www.trumptwitterarchive.com/
Trump is an odd way to get to a strict Constitutionalist government. Keep believing, the gong will sound soon for Trump’s amateur hour.

Last edited by Pete F.; 09-08-2019 at 05:33 AM..
Old 09-08-2019, 06:11 AM   #220
Sea Dangles

Oh good.....a prediction.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:12 AM   #221
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
He has not taken control of the purse. Congress still has that control. But, as I pointed out to you, Congress is made up of two constitutional parts, the House and the Senate. Both have to agree on spending. If the Senate supports the President against the House, then the President, constitutionally, gets his funds.
I’m sure our forefathers didn’t want the president having the ability to call anything an emergency in order to steel money appropriated for military use. Congress using the power of the purse approved those projects and Trump is so fing desperate to get some of his fence built ahead of 2020, he feels he can overstep and steel those funds.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:31 AM   #222
Sea Dangles

Do you mean steal?
Old 09-08-2019, 10:08 AM   #223
detbuch

Quote:
I’m sure our forefathers didn’t want the president having the ability to call anything an emergency in order to steel money appropriated for military use. Congress using the power of the purse approved those projects and Trump is being so fing desperate to get some of his fence built ahead of 2020, he feels he can overstep and steel those funds.
Our forefathers didn't use loose language when they wrote the Constitution. "Anything" is too vague in this instance. A specific thing is being addressed here as needing speedy attention. Many thousands of foreigners are illegally crossing our borders without regard to our laws, wishes, national stability, and economic and cultural well being.

You vaguely, loosely, refer to Trump overstepping and stealing. He has not overstepped. He is not stealing. He is trying to protect our borders, which is the responsibility of the federal government, and the duty of the president to execute. The use of the US military resources to protect our borders is constitutionally legitimate. The major, if not entire, purpose of having a national military is to protect our country against any foreign intrigue, which would include massive, illegal penetration of our borders.

Last edited by detbuch; 09-08-2019 at 10:14 AM..
Old 09-08-2019, 10:26 AM   #224
Pete F.
Canceled

Baloney
Congress specifically did not authorize the funding for the wall.
Trump decided to declare an emergency and said in public in the Rose Garden that he did not need to declare said emergency.
If you can spin that into Article 2 powers, you have a very broad interpretation.
He was probably just kidding, or misconstrued.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:55 AM   #225
scottw

Quote:

Baloney
weren't you just whining recently that not enough wall has been built to date?

what a maroon
Old 09-08-2019, 10:56 AM   #226
scottw

Quote:

in order to steel money appropriated for military use. he feels he can overstep and steel those funds.

you are precious
Old 09-08-2019, 11:01 AM   #227
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Do you mean steal?
definitely smarter than the average beer...hang on....spence is asking me to be more pacific
Old 09-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #228
spence

Quote:
This makes little sense.

Regardless it seems pretty depraved for our some of our service members families to have their children's education and safety compromised just so Trump can have a talking point.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:34 PM   #229
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Regardless it seems pretty depraved for our some of our service members families to have their children's education and safety compromised just so Trump can have a talking point.

This makes little sense.

fixed it
Old 09-08-2019, 12:45 PM   #230
detbuch

Quote:
Baloney
Trump decided to declare an emergency and said in public in the Rose Garden that he did not need to declare said emergency.
If you can spin that into Article 2 powers, you have a very broad interpretation.
He was probably just kidding, or misconstrued.
There are several billion dollars of UNOBLIGATED funds in the military budget that can be transferred to other projects, such as wall construction, that the Pentagon deems necessary or appropriate. Which it has. And you guys seem to miss that the Senate is the other half of Congress. In order for "Congress" to disapprove of how that money is spent, it would take both the House and the Senate to agree. At this point, the Senate is backing the President.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:33 PM   #231
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
definitely smarter than the average beer...hang on....spence is asking me to be more pacific
Boy you two are a couple of gems, I couldn't care less to get readers on when posting from my ipad and if you can't get the meaning of the word I suspect you two might be the slower of the group. Auto fill works fast and I couldn't care less to proof read everything before I post, but hey keep up the childish insults it only proves what I already know.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:37 PM   #232
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
There are several billion dollars of UNOBLIGATED funds in the military budget that can be transferred to other projects, such as wall construction, that the Pentagon deems necessary or appropriate. Which it has. And you guys seem to miss that the Senate is the other half of Congress. In order for "Congress" to disapprove of how that money is spent, it would take both the House and the Senate to agree. At this point, the Senate is backing the President.
That all works as long as you declare an emergency, but when you claim you didn't need to it ought to make you think. I suppose it was just hyperbole, puffery or it could be another lie.

The Space Control Facility at Peterson Air Force Base is out. No doubt Gen. John W. Raymond, the newly appointed head of Space Command, would have objected to robbing Peterson to pay for the wall.

The Fire/Crash/Rescue Station at Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida is no more, because who needs rescuing from a crashed or flaming airplane?

The Child Development Center at Joint Base Andrews will not be built. Those youngsters, “ages six weeks to five years,” will probably be fine at whatever facility they currently have, which the Defense Department obviously had previously considered inadequate. Ditto the middle school in Fort Campbell, Kentucky.

The Ambulatory Care Center at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, will go without its renovation. But remember, just because President Trump’s executive order took money away from health care for servicemembers — to pay for a wall we don’t need that he promised Mexico would pay for — doesn’t mean he loves the troops any less.

The Laurel Bay Fire Station in Beaufort, South Carolina, will not be replaced. Whatever was wrong with the old fire station that convinced the Defense Department to replace it will remain wrong with it.

Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Virginia will not get a new cyber operations facility, because the future of warfare probably has nothing to do with computers and everything to do with walls.

The hazardous materials warehouse at Norfolk Navy Base in Norfolk, Virginia, will not be replaced. What could go wrong?

These are just examples from the contiguous United States. There are other programs being cancelled in U.S. territories and overseas bases, including more schools for the children of servicemembers, readiness centers, a hazardous material storage building, repair facilities for stealth fighter jets, and dozens of training facilities.

The military construction budget was gutted to build 175 miles of wall and fencing along the border with Mexico, which is about 2,000 miles long.

Good thing nothing they canceled was all that important.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...&sidebar=false

Just remember your justification when the next president declares an emergency to solve one of these problems.

1. Divert military money to fund renewable energy and climate-related construction projects
2. Block domestic oil drilling
3. Restrict car emissions
4. Overhaul trade with countries that buy and sell fossil fuels
5. Change gun regulations
And when you say they could not, keep in mind that at the beginning of the year it was thought that Trump couldn't.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-08-2019, 01:51 PM   #233
scottw

Quote:
Boy you two are a couple of gems, I couldn't care less to get readers on when posting from my ipad and if you can't get the meaning of the word I suspect you two might be the slower of the group. Auto fill works fast and I couldn't care less to proof read everything before I post, but hey keep up the childish insults it only proves what I already know.
that's a great philosophy in life...."I get stuff wrong and everyone else should just deal with it if they don't like it(or find it amusing) because I don't care"...hopefully you don't build things
Old 09-08-2019, 01:58 PM   #234
Pete F.
Canceled

Soem poepel konw teh dfiferenec betewne a becnh and a pniao.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-08-2019, 02:04 PM   #235
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
that's a great philosophy in life...."I get stuff wrong and everyone else should just deal with it if they don't like it(or find it amusing) because I don't care"...hopefully you don't build things
Are you two that lame that when two might get auto filled into too, or steal gets turned into steel by a bit of software built in, that it’s hard to fathom the meaning. Or maybe it’s even more lame that you continue to find a need to comment, it’s really not painting either of you two (or too) in a good light.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:29 PM   #236
detbuch

Quote:
That all works as long as you declare an emergency, but when you claim you didn't need to it ought to make you think. I suppose it was just hyperbole, puffery or it could be another lie.

He did declare an emergency. So, as you say, it all works. Enough for me when it comes to the question of leglality and unconstitutionality. As for whether an emergency is needed for the Pentagon to spend unobligated funds on other things, I don't know. I don't think an emergency is needed to do so. But I don't know. I was responding to the objections that Trump was somehow trampling the Constitution. And that he was stealing. It seems that you have come around to seeing that he was not illegally messing with Congress's power of the purse

There are other programs being cancelled.

The military construction budget was gutted to build 175 miles of wall and fencing along the border with Mexico, which is about 2,000 miles long.

Sometimes priorities suck.

Just remember your justification when the next president declares an emergency

I didn't create a justification. I stated the legal process that exists. If you don't like that legal process, then remember how we got to the point that the federal government has far more power than the Constitution originally gave it.

to solve one of these problems.

1. Divert military money to fund renewable energy and climate-related construction projects
2. Block domestic oil drilling
3. Restrict car emissions
4. Overhaul trade with countries that buy and sell fossil fuels
5. Change gun regulations
And when you say they could not, keep in mind that at the beginning of the year it was thought that Trump couldn't.
This is rich. You didn't seem concerned about warnings about what the federal government could become and do as a result of Progressive "interpretations" of the law.

It would be nice if we didn't insist that the federal government solve many of the problems that the states and the free market should solve. If it didn't it might be easier to fund it and the things it should constitutionally solve.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:51 PM   #237
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Are you two that lame that when two might get auto filled into too, or steal gets turned into steel by a bit of software built in, that it’s hard to fathom the meaning. Or maybe it’s even more lame that you continue to find a need to comment, it’s really not painting either of you two (or too) in a good light.
Geez,GS.
You already have said multiple times that it doesn’t bother you. If you keep commenting about it then people might get the wrong impression. I think between the cheetahs and the software that you are getting a bad wrap.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-08-2019, 05:05 PM   #238
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I’m just concerned for you two, is it early dementia, impaired reasoning is an early symptom.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:09 PM   #239
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Geez,GS.
You already have said multiple times that it doesn’t bother you. If you keep commenting about it then people might get the wrong impression. I think between the cheetahs and the software that you are getting a bad wrap.
It probably doesn't bother him as it doesn't bother me bc everyone can see what type of person you are but I personally think your scumminess needs to be called out for what it is. When you criticize another member's sons college choice here I thought that was as low as a thing as I've ever seen. But then I remembered it was from you so it wasn't surprising. And no comment on your spelling.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:17 PM   #240
Sea Dangles

Get out the violin.