Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-09-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
That's what you call fabricated news . What s dumb question . I know you're only posting it to be funny and to show how the media really has lost their collective minds but still pretty pathetic .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Here's another source.

http://time.com/4105477/jeb-bush-baby-hitler/
Old 11-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #2
Nebe

A for effort.
However that happened the planet would be a totally different place.

I might travel back and time and just drink a lot of beer quietly
Old 11-10-2015, 02:29 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I might travel back and time and just drink a lot of beer quietly
Maybe we can get a bus....I don't even care if its the "Little Bus"

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-10-2015, 02:36 PM   #4
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Maybe we can get a bus....I don't even care if its the "Little Bus"
Think of the surf casting on block island in 1325.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #5
Nebe

Cnn doesn't post fabricated news.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:01 PM   #6
Nebe

Carson's grain storage thoughts... bush wanting to kill Baby Hitler.... Rubio saying victims of rape should be forced to have the child of the rapist.. Trump just being his usual pompous douch self...

That's some clown car they are squeezing into.
GOP death spiral.

Cruz is the only one I think is half sane. Although he is a Koch puppet.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:34 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Carson's grain storage thoughts... bush wanting to kill Baby Hitler.... Rubio saying victims of rape should be forced to have the child of the rapist.. Trump just being his usual pompous douch self...

GOP death spiral.

Well, we can't all be as grounded as the man who is promising free everything.

I keep hearing about the shambles the GOP is in. This is the party that controls both houses of Congress, a majority of governorships, and a majority of state legislatures, and who control the states (NC, GA, FL, TX) that young people are moving to. Yeah, the GOP is really on the ropes.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:43 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Rubio saying victims of rape should be forced to have the child of the rapist.. Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
What Rubio is saying is actually (1) very principled, and (2) courageous. Here's why...

Everyone who is pro life, is so because they feel that at the moment of conception, that's a human being. Every single pro-life person thinks that, right? Well, if you believe that. if you believe that it's a human from the moment of conception...then the circumstances surrounding that conception, have no influence over whether or not the result is a human being. The baby has zero control over the circumstances of the conception, therefore the conditions of the conception shouldn't dictate whether or not the product of the conception is, in fact, a human being.

Second, it's a courageous position, because Rubio knows exactly how the media will portray him, and that people like you will be thoughtless enough to buy into it. Having sympathy for the baby, is not mutually exclusive from having deep sympathy from the victim of rape. It would make Rubio's life a lot easier if he said what you wanted to hear, which is what most politicians do. He has the courage of convictions. Much like your hero, Bernie Sanders, in fact. Both men are principled enough that they are not afraid to say what they know is unpopular. Kind of ironic when I put it that way, isn't it.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:52 AM   #9
Fly Rod

Quote:
C
NEBE who is George Soros puppets?.....

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 11-10-2015, 03:44 PM   #10
spence

Quote:

GOP death spiral.

Cruz is very smart but I'm not sure he's any more sane than any of the others. Right how he appears to be the best organized to take over after the Trump/Carson bubbles burst.

Not sure Cruz can beat Clinton though. He'll get strong Republican support but won't connect with moderate voters.

The GOP has shot themselves in the foot by marginalizing more moderate candidates.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:30 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Cruz is very smart but I'm not sure he's any more sane than any of the others. Right how he appears to be the best organized to take over after the Trump/Carson bubbles burst.

Not sure Cruz can beat Clinton though. He'll get strong Republican support but won't connect with moderate voters.

The GOP has shot themselves in the foot by marginalizing more moderate candidates.
Ever heard of Marco Rubio? Or do his financial issues make him unqualified, even though Hilary claims she was broke after leaving the White House (minus the art, rugs, and light fixtures that they stole on their way out).

Unless something unforeseen happens with Rubio, he will be on the ticket, He's a spectacular #2 - gives the GOP Florida, a shot at youth, Latinos, and Catholics, and he appeals to both the Tea Party and the moderates. If he wins the top spot, a Rubio/Kasich ticket has electoral math appeal - now you have FL and OH, and you are in business.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:40 PM   #12
buckman

Quote:

Any less insane ? I don't think the neurosurgeon or the multi billionaire are insane . Extremely successful yes, self-made too, but clearly not insane .
I don't understand why you think the GOP shot themselfs in the foot . Clearly the people have had enough with the same old bull#^&#^&#^&#^& that the Democrats want to continue . The GOP has tried to marginalize Trump and Carson .
Old 11-09-2015, 09:23 PM   #13
Nebe

and the approval ratings of the congress and senate are ??????
Old 11-09-2015, 11:40 PM   #14
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=Nebe;1085991]and the approval ratings of the congress and senate are ??????
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE

And the approval ratings for the Senate, before the GOP took over in 2014 were???

You're not holding any cards in this argument Nebe.

The approval ratings for Congress stunk on election night in 2014, and the GOP opened up a major can of whoop-ass.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:06 PM   #15
Nebe

Trump is self made? Lol
Old 11-10-2015, 05:20 PM   #16
buckman

Quote:
Trump is self made? Lol
10 billion dollars and a top contender for President ... I would say so . Granted he did start with several million and a great work ethic he inherited from his father but don't let what he has accomplished compared to Bernie Sanders cloud your judgment .
Old 11-10-2015, 05:49 PM   #17
spence

Quote:
10 billion dollars and a top contender for President ... I would say so . Granted he did start with several million and a great work ethic he inherited from his father but don't let what he has accomplished compared to Bernie Sanders cloud your judgment .
I think his 10B claim has been shot down. He also inherited a support structure that influenced his ability to make that money work.

I'm not sure if that says he's successful or just not self destructive.

Here's the real issue. I was talking to my son today about what Trump brings to the table that makes him want to be a better American. His response, nothing, he's kind of annoying. Didn't he say something mean about someone's Mexican wife?

Exactly.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:10 PM   #18
buckman

Quote:
I think his 10B claim has been shot down. He also inherited a support structure that influenced his ability to make that money work.

I'm not sure if that says he's successful or just not self destructive.

Here's the real issue. I was talking to my son today about what Trump brings to the table that makes him want to be a better American. His response, nothing, he's kind of annoying. Didn't he say something mean about someone's Mexican wife?

Exactly.
It's all on how you're raised . I was raised by Roman Catholic Irish Democrats . They all vote Republican now .
You need to turn MSNBC off the TV at home
Old 11-11-2015, 07:55 AM   #19
spence

Quote:
It's all on how you're raised . I was raised by Roman Catholic Irish Democrats . They all vote Republican now .
Morning Joe is about the only MSNBC I watch at home...
Old 11-11-2015, 08:31 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Bingo. If you want an idea of how the Democratic party has changed (radicalized) in the last 50 years, look at the party agenda throgh the eyes of a Catholic. In my parents' time, it was assumed that Catholics would vote Democrat. A Catholic was elected President as a Democrat, for Pete's sake! Granted, he wasn't what you would call a model Catholic (what with the affairs, and the mafia hits and all...)...but can you imagine a Catholic running for President as a Democrat today? The Democrats, at the national level, absolutely despise Catholicism. The Catholic catechism is unchanged during that period. What happened is that the Democrats embraced San Francisco-style liberal ideology.

So today, democrats have "progressed" to the point where it's bourgeoise to say that boys should use the boys' locker room and girls should use the girls' locker room. To Democrats, only Archie Bunker still clings to such neanderthalic, hateful bigotry.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-11-2015 at 08:45 AM..
Old 11-11-2015, 03:42 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:

Exactly.
bet he also thinks Hillary has an 'impressive resume", is honest and trustworthy and looks really hot in a pant suit
Old 11-10-2015, 07:53 PM   #22
Nebe

Maybe they should turn off the Fox News as well.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:59 PM   #23
Nebe

Think long and hard about why the GOP is always trying so hard to defund education.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:54 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Think long and hard about why the GOP is always trying so hard to defund education.
Says who?

I want to stop funding insane teacher pensions, because they are stupidly expensive and they don't help kids perform better in school.

Here is a true question...if the democrats care so much about "choice", and they care so much about education, why are they so opposed to school choice? Why do democrats force poor people, mostly blacks, to continue to go to horrific, failing schools?

Answer - democrats care a lot more about placating the teachers unions, than they care about choice or about education.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:21 AM   #25
scottw

Quote:
as usual you get it part right and that's an incredibly disingenuous statement......some in the GOP would like to end Federal involvement in education....think about it Eben, if States didn't have to send the money to the Feds to then be filtered through many grabbing hands before making it's way back to the State...the States might have more money for education..I wonder how much "corporate welfare" is handed out through the Department of Education http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...e/257456/..the... pensions that Jim referred are part of the massive unfunded liability that the States currently enjoy, I don't see how you unfund something that is already unfunded

By LYNN O'SHAUGHNESSY MONEYWATCH January 28, 2015, 5:15 AM

Teacher pensions: The math adds up to a crisis

Teacher pension plans from across the country are staggering from a half-trillion dollars in debt. Put in perspective, that's more than $10,000 worth of debt for every student in the nation's primary and secondary schools.

In 2014, state teacher pension systems had a total of $499 billion in unfunded liabilities, which has risen $100 billion in just two years, according to a new report from the National Council on Teacher Quality, a nonpartisan research and policy group dedicated to restructuring the teaching profession.

The report card on teacher pensions found that 70 cents of every dollar contributed to state pension systems pays for this massive debt rather than covering current employees' future retirement benefits.

"The math on state teacher pension policy doesn't add up," suggested Sandi Jacobs, the organization's vice president. "The funding crisis is staggering, yet the structure of most states' pension systems isn't giving teachers what they need.

Last edited by scottw; 11-11-2015 at 07:21 AM..
Old 11-11-2015, 04:20 PM   #26
PaulS

Spence, why don't you tell Jim about the Repubs. in the past who supported amnesty, or tax increases or environmental regulation in the past. Those would never happen now.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:30 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Spence, why don't you tell Jim about the Repubs. in the past who supported amnesty, or tax increases or environmental regulation in the past. Those would never happen now.
Repubs are opposed to all environmental regulation? I must have missed that. I am conservative, and I support all reasonable environmental legislation.

I have no problem with tax increases that are necessary. With all the useless fat that could be trimmed right now, we should cut all that first before we talk about tax increases. Fair enough?

The National Endowment of the Arts subsidizes opera tickets for multi-millionaires. Same for tax rebates for electric cars, which are tax breaks for the wealthy, as poor people don't buy a Prius or a Tesla. Cut stupid spending first. Then, if we clearly need more revenue, we can raise taxes. Is that unreasonable?
Old 11-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Spence, why don't you tell Jim about the Repubs. in the past who supported amnesty, ..Those would never happen now.
I guess I'm not sure what you mean by amnesty? I believe Trump is the only candidate saying he would deport all of them, and 75% of GOP voters don't support Trump. Can you clarify? By amnesty, do you mean make them citizens? Hell, no. They can stay if they don't break any more laws. Citizenship should be a reward for people who play by the rules, and endure additional hardship because of it.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:56 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Spence, Catholicism requires Catholics to be opposed to abortion. It's not optional.

Now, how does the DNC typically describe people who are anti-abortion? Does the DNC roll out the red carpet for pro-life folks? Or do we get accused of being anti-choice, of waging war on women, and of attacking women's health?

You tell me. I'm all ears.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:00 PM   #30
Sea Dangles

I have a solid fact for you. The real catholic church is happy to take the money of anybody who calls themselves catholic. And trust me when I tell you that the more they give,the more they are welcome.