Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2021, 04:06 PM   #121
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The people moving don't State their moving because of crime or a few people pooping in San Francisco. The ones moving are lower educated poorer folks who can't afford California. The people moving into California make more money an are more highly educated. Lower immigration from other countries has her California also.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
so you found a source which states people claimed they were living for the reason you stated, but didn’t claim and if the reasons i stated. that’s what you’re saying?

google “why are people
leaving california.”.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:06 PM   #122
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
But the AP said the trend started i. 2017. Covid was a big deal in CA in 2017, then?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No cycle is linear. You sure you work as an actuarial?

I'm serious about this.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:09 PM   #123
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so you found a source which states people claimed they were living for the reason you stated, but didn’t claim and if the reasons i stated. that’s what you’re saying?

google “why are people
leaving california.”.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yeah exactly right
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:10 PM   #124
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,546
Pete - “it’s interesting that you claim to be conservative yet want more laws to prevent voter fraud.”.

where the heck did you get the laughably stupid idea, that being conservative means you don’t support any conceivable law?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:12 PM   #125
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Pete - “it’s interesting that you claim to be conservative yet want more laws to prevent voter fraud.”.

where the heck did you get the laughably stupid idea, that being conservative means you don’t support any conceivable law?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Complete twist.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:15 PM   #126
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Complete twist.
i’m too old and fat to twist like you guys.

read what he said, please, and if it’s confusing to you, have a child explain it.

there’s nothing anti conservative about taking obvious, basic steps to ensure voting integrity.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:21 PM   #127
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i’m too old and fat to twist like you guys.

read what he said, please, and if it’s confusing to you, have a child explain it.

there’s nothing anti conservative about taking obvious, basic steps to ensure voting integrity.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
When the voting system has no signs of a significant lack of integrity, it make no sense to pass laws that restrict voting. This is entirely opposite of any Conservative position I'm aware of. Groups calling out Biden trying to create a Monarchy are a joke. If anything the electorate should be concerned about the massive gerrymandering now underway in red states.

Let's keep our elections free and fair.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:24 PM   #128
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,017
massive gerrymandering now underway in red states. The only way Republicans can win elections in the modern era …. Cheat while blaming others of cheating
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:28 PM   #129
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
massive gerrymandering now underway in red states. The only way Republicans can win elections in the modern era …. Cheat while blaming others of cheating
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
which his what the democrats do as well, did it in CT when they redefined the one rural district that occasionally went red, redrew the lines so it now includes enough urban areas to be solidly blue. shady, but both sides do it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:50 PM   #130
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,999
Both sides do it but the Republicans have perfected it and do it to a much more extreme basis. New York is going to lose one seat but may gerrymander 5 Republican seats out.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:57 PM   #131
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Both sides do it but the Republicans have perfected it and do it to a much more extreme basis.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Good grief
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:59 PM   #132
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Both sides do it but the Republicans have perfected it and do it to a much more extreme basis. New York is going to lose one seat but may gerrymander 5 Republican seats out.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you have anything to support that? that’s a sincere question, not a gotcha question.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:07 PM   #133
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
When the voting system has no signs of a significant lack of integrity, it make no sense to pass laws that restrict voting. This is entirely opposite of any Conservative position I'm aware of. Groups calling out Biden trying to create a Monarchy are a joke. If anything the electorate should be concerned about the massive gerrymandering now underway in red states.

Let's keep our elections free and fair.
you’re saying there’s no problem, so no need for voter id.

that would be a great argument if there weren’t hundreds is aspects in your life where you are proactive already.

you wait until you’ve had a car accident to get auto insurance?

you wait until your house gets broken into before you get an alarm?

please explain why it’s more burdensome to require an id to vote, than it is to require an us to see a doctor or pick up a prescription.

Who are these massive groups of people who don’t have an id? they don’t travel, pay rent or a mortgage, go to the doctor, have utilities to pay, etc?

it’s such a lame argument.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:22 PM   #134
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you have anything to support that? that’s a sincere question, not a gotcha question.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
They've developed and used software that can map likelihood of votes down to each house.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:23 PM   #135
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
They've developed and used software that can map likelihood of votes down to each house.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
republicans did that? wow.

now can you provide data to suggest gerrymandering is done more by the gop?

i guess since the gop controls
more states, that gives the gop more opportunities.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:50 PM   #136
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
which his what the democrats do as well, did it in CT when they redefined the one rural district that occasionally went red, redrew the lines so it now includes enough urban areas to be solidly blue. shady, but both sides do it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Once again Jim you love to make comparisons that don’t exist..

If you think Dems use gerrymandering to the degree and intent the Republicans do it your crazy
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:09 PM   #137
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,017
https://election.princeton.edu/2012/...es-do-it-myth/

The AP scrutinized the outcomes of all 435 U.S. House races and about 4,700 state House and Assembly seats up for election last year using a new statistical method of calculating partisan advantage. It’s designed to detect cases in which one party may have won, widened or retained its grip on power through political gerrymandering.

The analysis found four times as many states with Republican-skewed state House or Assembly districts than Democratic ones. Among the two dozen most populated states that determine the vast majority of Congress, there were nearly three times as many with Republican-tilted U.S. House districts.

A separate statistical analysis conducted for AP by the Princeton University Gerrymandering Project found that the extreme Republican advantages in some states were no fluke. The Republican edge in Michigan’s state House districts had only a 1-in-16,000 probability of occurring by chance; in Wisconsin’s Assembly districts, there was a mere 1-in-60,000 likelihood of it happening randomly, the analysis found.

The AP analysis also found that Republicans won as many as 22 additional U.S. House seats over what would have been expected based on the average vote share in congressional districts across the country.

1. Republicans’ gerrymandering increases seat share by 9.1%. Over 20 years For Democrats, the study found no significant overall increase in congressional seat share when the party controlled redistricting. Democrats having legal control over redistricting does little to swing the seat share in their favor—or to correct the disproportionality drawn by Republicans. Conservatives use the redistricting pen to draw maps advantageous to their electoral chances—and they do so enthusiastically, netting partisan benefits that last for a decades worth of elections.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:52 PM   #138
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Pete - “it’s interesting that you claim to be conservative yet want more laws to prevent voter fraud.”.

where the heck did you get the laughably stupid idea, that being conservative means you don’t support any conceivable law?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Let’s see, where don’t we need more
We have enough gun laws, most firearms deaths in the first world
We have enough tax laws……
We have enough environmental laws…..
……,,,,,,,
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rand Paul?: A Kentucky man has died in a car accident. He was wearing his seatbelt, which raises questions about their effectiveness — and whether the federal government has curtailed freedom too much. Patriots will resist seatbelt tyranny!

One important note, while some voters are frustrated with Biden, very few regretted their vote against Trump.
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:10 PM   #139
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 17,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you’re saying there’s no problem, so no need for voter id.

that would be a great argument if there weren’t hundreds is aspects in your life where you are proactive already.

you wait until you’ve had a car accident to get auto insurance?

you wait until your house gets broken into before you get an alarm?

please explain why it’s more burdensome to require an id to vote, than it is to require an us to see a doctor or pick up a prescription.

Who are these massive groups of people who don’t have an id? they don’t travel, pay rent or a mortgage, go to the doctor, have utilities to pay, etc?

it’s such a lame argument.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Maybe they should have mailed out a voucher good for the cost of an ID at your local town offices/DMV with the Stimmy checks.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:21 PM   #140
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,949
You’re assuming that all people in this country have access to health care, transportation and a polling place that is open outside the hours they are required to be at work or financially able to take time off work to go and vote.
How long did people in low income districts stand in line to vote and how does that compare to middle and upper class districts?
Careful, the data exists
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:43 PM   #141
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,691
oh no....it's a parade of armed insurrectionists and black white supremacists....what has the world come to?

https://twitter.com/LeeroyPress/stat...ne-mandates%2F
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:45 PM   #142
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

You’re assuming that all people in this country have access to health care, transportation and a polling place

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
they do
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:46 PM   #143
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Maybe they should have mailed out a voucher good for the cost of an ID at your local town offices/DMV with the Stimmy checks.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
maybe do a million dollar drawing or free college tuition drawing to incentivize people to get a form of identification...or maybe just free Big Gulps
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:10 AM   #144
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,017
Please look up the History of voter Id .. then come back and tell me why is suddenly became a concern for conservatives only starting in the 1950s .. and I doubt you’ll find the term voter fraud or election integrity mentioned never mind evidence of fraud as the cause for these changes .. but demographics and who’s votes. Now your getting to the bones of the issue. . But some how the the left are the intellectual dishonest ones.. 😂
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:13 AM   #145
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Careful, the data exists
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Facts and data are no concern of conservatives

But lies and conspiracy then you have their attention
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:49 AM   #146
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Facts and data are no concern of conservatives


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
this is definitely true
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:18 AM   #147
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Facts and data are no concern of conservatives


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is definitely true
A little of the typical troll method: creative editing

Covid past seven days

Mississippi
Deaths per 100,000: 1.8
Daily average deaths: 53.7

Florida
Deaths per 100,000: 1.52
Daily average deaths: 325.4

Louisiana
Deaths per 100,000: 1.42
Daily average deaths: 66

Arkansas
Deaths per 100,000: 1.07
Daily average deaths: 32.3

South Carolina
Deaths per 100,000: 1.05
Daily average deaths: 53.9

Texas
Deaths per 100,000: 0.99
Daily average deaths: 286

Wyoming
Deaths per 100,000: 0.96
Daily average deaths: 5.6

West Virginia
Deaths per 100,000: 0.88
Daily average deaths: 15.7

Alabama
Deaths per 100,000: 0.87
Daily average deaths: 42.6

Georgia
Deaths per 100,000: 0.87
Daily average deaths: 93.1

Tennessee
Deaths per 100,000: 0.85
Daily average deaths: 58.3

Idaho
Deaths per 100,000: 0.77
Daily average deaths: 13.7

Missouri
Deaths per 100,000: 0.75
Daily average deaths: 45.9

Oklahoma
Deaths per 100,000: 0.75
Daily average deaths: 29.6

Nevada
Deaths per 100,000: 0.74
Daily average deaths: 22.7


Rand Paul?: A Kentucky man has died in a car accident. He was wearing his seatbelt, which raises questions about their effectiveness — and whether the federal government has curtailed freedom too much. Patriots will resist seatbelt tyranny!

One important note, while some voters are frustrated with Biden, very few regretted their vote against Trump.
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:39 AM   #148
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
A little of the typical troll method: creative editing

Covid past seven days



Florida
Deaths per 100,000: 1.52
Daily average deaths: 325.4

past 7 days?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8322.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	68344  
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:43 AM   #149
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Facts and data are no concern of conservatives

But lies and conspiracy then you have their attention
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
do you judge a state on how it did last month? or how it’s done since the beginning?

Are you guys serious?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:46 AM   #150
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
A little of the typical troll method: creative editing

Covid past seven days

Mississippi
Deaths per 100,000: 1.8
Daily average deaths: 53.7

Florida
Deaths per 100,000: 1.52
Daily average deaths: 325.4

Louisiana
Deaths per 100,000: 1.42
Daily average deaths: 66

Arkansas
Deaths per 100,000: 1.07
Daily average deaths: 32.3

South Carolina
Deaths per 100,000: 1.05
Daily average deaths: 53.9

Texas
Deaths per 100,000: 0.99
Daily average deaths: 286

Wyoming
Deaths per 100,000: 0.96
Daily average deaths: 5.6

West Virginia
Deaths per 100,000: 0.88
Daily average deaths: 15.7

Alabama
Deaths per 100,000: 0.87
Daily average deaths: 42.6

Georgia
Deaths per 100,000: 0.87
Daily average deaths: 93.1

Tennessee
Deaths per 100,000: 0.85
Daily average deaths: 58.3

Idaho
Deaths per 100,000: 0.77
Daily average deaths: 13.7

Missouri
Deaths per 100,000: 0.75
Daily average deaths: 45.9

Oklahoma
Deaths per 100,000: 0.75
Daily average deaths: 29.6

Nevada
Deaths per 100,000: 0.74
Daily average deaths: 22.7

simple question. what’s more important, deaths in the last 7 days, or deaths since the beginning?

Who makes the baseball playoffs, the team with the best record in September? Or the team with the best record for the whole season?

Your brain just doesn’t work right.

Florida is having an awful
time lately. Their total
numbers are still
way better than CT, MA, and NY, which we were told
was led by the messiah himself, the “gold standard” according to biden.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com