Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,364
so when can we expect cancer to be cured?

before summer?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:59 PM   #2
nightfighter
Seldom Seen
iTrader: (0)
 
nightfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 10,035
Why, Jim? Just couldn't resist.... You need attention? Or attempting to be funny?

ďAmericans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.Ē Ė James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:04 PM   #3
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Why, Jim? Just couldn't resist.... You need attention? Or attempting to be funny?
did he promise to cure cancer? or did he not?

i was thinking once itís cured, iíd take up smoking to help me
lose weight.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #4
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 21,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Why, Jim? Just couldn't resist.... You need attention? Or attempting to be funny?
He's going to be grumbling about everything for the next 4 years.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:10 PM   #5
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He's going to be grumbling about everything for the next 4 years.
well, iím here on inauguration day, iím not hiding because i canít handle
the result. not sure everyone can say the same.


i wonít gripe one tenth as much as you did. i know whatís coming, and i am prepared to benefit from it. oil prices are going to increase, the dollar is going to weaken, green energy will be treated favorably, chinas ascent will accelerate. you canít lose, betting on those things.

spence, same question, without any insults...did biden explicitly promise to cure cancer, or am i lying?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:12 PM   #6
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1208795]well, iím here on inauguration day, iím not hiding because i canít handle
the result. not sure everyone can say the same. Who hid on election day last time?


i wonít gripe one tenth as much as you did. I would take that bet anytime, any day, any amount.i know whatís coming, and i am prepared to benefit from it. oil prices are going to increase, the dollar is going to weaken, green energy will be treated favorably, chinas ascent will accelerate. you canít lose, betting on those things.

spence, same question, without any insults...did biden explicitly promise to cure cancer, or am i lying?
[size=1][i]Posted from my iPhN
NM
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:19 PM   #7
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,364
[QUOTE=PaulS;1208796]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
well, iím here on inauguration day, iím not hiding because i canít handle
the result. not sure everyone can say the same. Who hid on election day last time?


i wonít gripe one tenth as much as you did. I would take that bet anytime, any day, any amount.i know whatís coming, and i am prepared to benefit from it. oil prices are going to increase, the dollar is going to weaken, green energy will be treated favorably, chinas ascent will accelerate. you canít lose, betting on those things.

spence, same question, without any insults...did biden explicitly promise to cure cancer, or am i lying?
[size=1][i]Posted from my iPhN
NM
someone here, someone very outspoken, disappeared for weeks after the 2016 election, someone in your camp.

Paul, you donít get it. iím rooting for full blown liberalism now. Bernie Sanders, a socialist, is the chairman of the senate budget committee, and soon there will be no fillibuster. That script writes itself, and thereís only one ending.

If the dollar weakens, and green
energy grows, and oil prices rise, and China ascends, iíll be able to retire at 60, living off just the interest of my nest egg, my boys can have the principal. Theyíll need it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:24 PM   #8
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1208797]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

someone here, someone very outspoken, disappeared for weeks after the 2016 election, someone in your camp. And you were told a few times by Bryan that he had some personal issues to deal with. I think I know what it was by reading between the lines. You even responded to Bryan yet here you are again mentioning it (w/o mentioning his name).

Paul, you don’t get it. i’m rooting for full blown liberalism now. Bernie Sanders, a socialist, is the chairman of the senate budget committee, and soon there will be no fillibuster. That script writes itself. If Bernie was the Pres, you would be right. Biden has shown himself not to be a socialist and and Bernie and AOC aren't going to be happy.

If the dollar weakens, and green
energy grows, and oil prices rise, and China ascends, i’ll be able to retire at 60, living off just the interest of my nest egg, my boys can have the principal. They’ll need it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I wonder where I can get my wooden flag changed to add some new stars?
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:27 PM   #9
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,364
[QUOTE=PaulS;1208798]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

I wonder where I can get my wooden flag changed to add some new stars?
Paul, i get to draw my own conclusions. boy a minute ago, you didn’t seem to know what i was referring to. your recollection came back quick, i wish i had your recall.

Biden has already announced an explicit pathway to citizenship for illegals. he couldn’t have been more clear. so i’m not sure what you’re referring to.

we all saw the way he dodged in the question of packing SCOTUS.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-20-2021 at 01:41 PM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:34 PM   #10
falkners
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
falkners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: guilford,ct
Posts: 1,045
I think around 12 pm on 1/20/21.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
falkners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:40 PM   #11
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,364
[QUOTE=PaulS;1208798]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

I wonder where I can get my wooden flag changed to add some new stars?
Biden has literally, already submitted a bill to congress, providing a path to citizenship for illegals. Only Joe Manchin can stop it. If it passes, that's literally the end of the game. TX and FL are blue, and there's nothing close to an electoral path for a republican.

Biden has literally already submitted this to Congress today, his first day. Are you denying this?


https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bi...es/ar-BB1cVHfi
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:41 PM   #12
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1208799]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Paul, i get to draw my own conclusions. boy a minute ago, you didnít seem to know what i was referring to. your recollection came back quick, i wish i had your recall. I wanted to make sure we were talking about the same person. If you have been repeatedly asked not to bring up what is probably a painful time for someone, why do it? Especially after you said you wouldn't?

Biden has already announced an explicit pathway to citizenship for illegals. he couldnít have been more clear. so iím not sure what youíre referring to.

we all saw the way he dished in the question of packing SCOTUS.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I wouldn't blame him for expanding it (but he won't). It has been done bf and given the McConnell refused to do what was required, I don't think expanding the court should be taken off the table -
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:43 PM   #13
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1208800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Tell Clarence Thomas and Robert Bork what a reasonable
moderate Biden is. He doesn’t even know what planet he’s on now, he’s just going to be reading the teleprompter.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Wasn't any coherent speech from Trump read from a prompter? You could tell when he wasn't or when he was was but threw in some off the cuffs comments.

I know when Obama read from a prompter the Repubs. used to be up in arms over it.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:43 PM   #14
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,364
[QUOTE=PaulS;1208803]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

I wouldn't blame him for expanding it (but he won't). It has been done bf and given the McConnell refused to do what was required, I don't think expanding the court should be taken off the table -
So when he insults me for griping when I ask about the validity of an actual campaign promise, I should just take it. because you never respond when people insult you.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:50 PM   #15
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1208806]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

So when he insults me for griping when I ask about the validity of an actual campaign promise, I should just take it. because you never respond when people insult you.
I usually respond when someone insults me - not every time but usually. But why bring up something that is prob. painful for the person especially if you know that was the reason that person was not around?
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:51 PM   #16
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,364
[QUOTE=PaulS;1208805]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Wasn't any coherent speech from Trump read from a prompter? You could tell when he wasn't or when he was was but threw in some off the cuffs comments.

I know when Obama read from a prompter the Repubs. used to be up in arms over it.
OK, to clarify, I expect Biden will just be a mouthpiece, reading words that he doesn't necessarily believe. I see him as a puppet. I could be wrong, maybe he's actually a strong and assertive leader.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:00 PM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
before summer?
I think it might happen before the check from Mexico arrives
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:22 PM   #18
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I think it might happen before the check from Mexico arrives
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
And here is the difference between us.

I have said ten times here, that Trump broke his promise on Mexico paying for the wall, and that he deserves to be criticized for that.

4 years from now, when cancer still exists, will you criticize Biden for making a false promise to sick people?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:36 PM   #19
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
In a speech in Iowa on June 11, he briefly alluded to his son’s death to brain cancer in 2015, and then offered his pledge.

“I promise you if I’m elected president, you’re going to see the single most important thing that changes America,” he said. “We’re gonna cure cancer.”

A week later, on June 18, Trump made a similarly prophetic statement during his 2020 kickoff rally in Orlando, Florida, as he listed several agenda items for a second term.

“We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases, including cancer and others,” he said. “And we’re getting closer all the time.”
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:51 PM   #20
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
In a speech in Iowa on June 11, he briefly alluded to his sonís death to brain cancer in 2015, and then offered his pledge.

ďI promise you if Iím elected president, youíre going to see the single most important thing that changes America,Ē he said. ďWeíre gonna cure cancer.Ē

A week later, on June 18, Trump made a similarly prophetic statement during his 2020 kickoff rally in Orlando, Florida, as he listed several agenda items for a second term.

ďWe will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases, including cancer and others,Ē he said. ďAnd weíre getting closer all the time.Ē
(1) "We will come up with a cure for cancer"

(2) "If I'm elected, we're gonna cure cancer."

Not comparable. Trump didn't explicitly say that a cure for cancer, would be a function of him winning an election.

Also, if I was GS, I would accuse you of "whataboutism". But as always, everything is OK when democrats do it.

Paul, between the two of us, one of us has regularly praised and criticized both sides. The other doesn't go against his ideology in any meaningful ways, ever.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:56 PM   #21
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,718
[QUOTE=PaulS;1208807]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

I usually respond when someone insults me - not every time but usually. But why bring up something that is prob. painful for the person especially if you know that was the reason that person was not around?
That would be like bringing up a persons alleged cancer. Who would do that?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:00 PM   #22
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
[QUOTE=Sea Dangles;1208815]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That would be like bringing up a persons alleged cancer. Who would do that?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
It is my understanding it was real. Either way, it seems the "persons" spouse continued their scummy ways.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:03 PM   #23
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
(1) "We will come up with a cure for cancer"

(2) "If I'm elected, we're gonna cure cancer."

Not comparable. Trump didn't explicitly say that a cure for cancer, would be a function of him winning an election.

Also, if I was GS, I would accuse you of "whataboutism". But as always, everything is OK when democrats do it.

Paul, between the two of us, one of us has regularly praised and criticized both sides. The other doesn't go against his ideology in any meaningful ways, ever.
Pretty clear he said we will come up with the cures to many, many problems to many, many diseases, including cancer and others.

Here is the quote:
"We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases, including cancer and others,Ē
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:04 PM   #24
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,718
[QUOTE=PaulS;1208816]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post

It is my understanding it was real. Either way, it seems the "persons" spouse continued their scummy ways.
I am sure you have a very good reason for doing what you say others should not do
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:08 PM   #25
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
Looks like AIDS will be cured shortly also!!!!


President Trump returned to one of his wilder promises at his rally in Cincinnati on Thursday, saying that under his leadership the US will "very shortly" find a cure for childhood cancer and end AIDS.

"We will achieve new breakthroughs in science and medicine," the president told the cheering crowd Thursday night as he ran through the achievements of his administration.

"I see what they are doing. I see it. They show me. The things we are doing in our country today. There's never been anything like it. We will be ending the AIDS epidemic shortly in America, and curing childhood cancer very shortly."

Trump's boast was similar to one he made at a rally in Orlando, Florida, in June. At that rally he claimed "we will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases — including cancer" and would "eradicate AIDS in America."
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:10 PM   #26
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Pretty clear he said we will come up with the cures to many, many problems to many, many diseases, including cancer and others.

Here is the quote:
"We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases, including cancer and others,Ē
i can read.

if you could kindly point me to where in trumps quote, he explicitly said a cure for cancer depended on his winning an election? That would really help me out. Because i canít find that language in there.

ďWeĒ, meaning all of us, are going to cure cancer, i have little doubt that my kids will live to see that. i doubt iíll live to see it, and it wonít have much to do with who the president is.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:12 PM   #27
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
[QUOTE=Sea Dangles;1208818]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I am sure you have a very good reason for doing what you say others should not do
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
What do you mean? As I told you I got another unsolicited email describing your scumminess. One example they used was when your wife had cancer but you continued with your scummy ways during that time. I was trying to confirm the cancer to gage their credibility. Sounds like they are very credible. You demonstrate here constantly how scummy you are but I was shocked you would do it with people you supposedly care about. Let me know if you want to continue with this.

Last edited by PaulS; 01-20-2021 at 03:18 PM..
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:17 PM   #28
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i can read.

if you could kindly point me to where in trumps quote, he explicitly said a cure for cancer depended on his winning an election? That would really help me out. Because i canít find that language in there.

ďWeĒ, meaning all of us, are going to cure cancer, i have little doubt that my kids will live to see that. i doubt iíll live to see it, and it wonít have much to do with who the president is.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
He said we would find a cure shortly under his leadership. So is he now going to work for the NIH to work on cancer and AIDs?

So isn't just splitting hairs between what Trump said and what Biden said?

They both are inspirational (and probably why I didn't know he said it - people viewed it as inspirational) and hopefully we will see them in our lifetime (although I doubt we'll find a "cure" for cancer).
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:18 PM   #29
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,364
[QUOTE=PaulS;1208821]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post

What do you mean? As I told you I got another unsolicited email describing your scumminess. One example they used was when your wife had cancer but you continued with your scummy ways during that time. I was trying to confirm the cancer to gage their credibility. Sounds like they are very credible. You demonstrate here constantly how scummy you are but I was shocked you would do it with people you supposedly care about.
have a speck of decency and drop
that for gods sake. whatís wrong with you? Have you no shame? None?


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:24 PM   #30
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1208823]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

have a speck of decency and drop
that for gods sake. whatís wrong with you? Have you no shame? None?


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'm going to respond to him every time he tries to insult me. Answer this question honestly. Has he ever tried to add anything to this forum?

You should hear stories about his scumminess - things you would NEVER do.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com