Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-27-2022, 10:15 AM   #1
wdmso

But they came here illegally.

No Jim you’re making stuff up again shocking in an attempt to ignore the truth

If you cross illegally you are not processed that why

Biden has deported almost 700,000 migrants.

Is seeking asylum legal? Yes, seeking asylum is legal—even during a pandemic. Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to request the opportunity to apply for asylum.

That’s the law Jim stop suggesting it’s not being followed
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-27-2022, 10:21 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
But they came here illegally.

No Jim you’re making stuff up again shocking in an attempt to ignore the truth

If you cross illegally you are not processed that why

Biden has deported almost 700,000 migrants.

Is seeking asylum legal? Yes, seeking asylum is legal—even during a pandemic. Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to request the opportunity to apply for asylum.

That’s the law Jim stop suggesting it’s not being followed
he deported 700,000?

if that’s true, here’s data that says CBP stopped 2.76 million undocumented immigrants in 2022. where are they all?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna53517

wayne, the fact that no one on the left is calling the southern states and saying “send some to us, we want them” tells us what we need to honor about the hollow, empty virtue signaling. You want to talk they all and her credit, but you want someone else to pay for it. Classic liberalism.
Old 12-27-2022, 11:00 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
he deported 700,000?

if that’s true, here’s data that says CBP stopped 2.76 million undocumented immigrants in 2022. where are they all?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna53517

wayne, the fact that no one on the left is calling the southern states and saying “send some to us, we want them” tells us what we need to honor about the hollow, empty virtue signaling. You want to talk they all and her credit, but you want someone else to pay for it. Classic liberalism.

the fact that no one on the left is calling the southern states and saying “send some to us, we want them” tells us what we need to honor about the hollow, empty virtue signaling.

Keep thinking Jim they all stay in Texas and Arizona you love staying away from facts why is that?

So now you’re blaming other states for not reaching out to Texas

Wow more deflection in an attempt to dismiss defend and support Abbott disgusting behavior . By blaming others not surprised

Here are the 10 states with the highest percentage of immigrants:
California - 26.60%
New Jersey - 23.00%
New York - 22.30%
Florida - 21.20%
Hawaii - 18.80%
Nevada - 18.40%
Massachusetts - 17.60%
Texas - 17.20%
Old 12-28-2022, 08:18 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
the fact that no one on the left is calling the southern states and saying “send some to us, we want them” tells us what we need to honor about the hollow, empty virtue signaling.

Keep thinking Jim they all stay in Texas and Arizona you love staying away from facts why is that?

So now you’re blaming other states for not reaching out to Texas

Wow more deflection in an attempt to dismiss defend and support Abbott disgusting behavior . By blaming others not surprised

Here are the 10 states with the highest percentage of immigrants:
California - 26.60%
New Jersey - 23.00%
New York - 22.30%
Florida - 21.20%
Hawaii - 18.80%
Nevada - 18.40%
Massachusetts - 17.60%
Texas - 17.20%
that’s legal immigrants, right? data that doesn’t include illegals, is meaningless.
Old 12-28-2022, 09:26 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
that’s legal immigrants, right? data that doesn’t include illegals, is meaningless.
Ya Jim you’re back to you (what about the ones we don’t know )

They go we’re other immigrants live it not rocket science And actually the data doesn’t s specify legal or illegal.

Your a numbers guy. Why would you think un documented people would change those % by any meaningful percentage points

Estimates of the number of undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. range from 10.5 million to 12 million, or approximately 3.2%–3.6% of the population.

so Jim you and republicans need to make up your minds and stop moving the goalposts

Is it a broken immigration system, or is it securing the same border Trump left Biden. That now it’s magically open ? Or is it dems importing Votes , or is it fentanyl

Hell now Republicans are cheering the SCJ legislating from the bench

Gorsuch is suddenly a Rino for stating the Truth

In his written dissent, Gorsuch, a Trump appointee, said he did not discount the states’ concerns about a potential border crisis but said “the emergency” on which the Title 42 orders were adopted “has long since lapsed.”

“For my part, I do not discount the States’ concerns,” wrote Gorsuch, who was joined by Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson. “But the current border crisis is not a COVID crisis. And courts should not be in the business of perpetuating administrative edicts designed for one emergency only because elected officials have failed to address a different emergency. We are a court of law, not policymakers of last resort.”
Old 12-28-2022, 10:22 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ya Jim you’re back to you (what about the ones we don’t know )

They go we’re other immigrants live it not rocket science And actually the data doesn’t s specify legal or illegal.

Your a numbers guy. Why would you think un documented people would change those % by any meaningful percentage points

Estimates of the number of undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. range from 10.5 million to 12 million, or approximately 3.2%–3.6% of the population.

so Jim you and republicans need to make up your minds and stop moving the goalposts

Is it a broken immigration system, or is it securing the same border Trump left Biden. That now it’s magically open ? Or is it dems importing Votes , or is it fentanyl

Hell now Republicans are cheering the SCJ legislating from the bench

Gorsuch is suddenly a Rino for stating the Truth

In his written dissent, Gorsuch, a Trump appointee, said he did not discount the states’ concerns about a potential border crisis but said “the emergency” on which the Title 42 orders were adopted “has long since lapsed.”

“For my part, I do not discount the States’ concerns,” wrote Gorsuch, who was joined by Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson. “But the current border crisis is not a COVID crisis. And courts should not be in the business of perpetuating administrative edicts designed for one emergency only because elected officials have failed to address a different emergency. We are a court of law, not policymakers of last resort.”
i think gorsuch has a point, but i don’t know if we know that covid isn’t still a crisis among people
who are crossing illegally.

in any event, unlike you, i don’t expect those on my side to tow the line 100% of the time. i like people who think, not sheep who bleat what they are told.

I love Gorsuch.
Old 12-28-2022, 10:58 AM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
i think gorsuch has a point, but i don’t know if we know that covid isn’t still a crisis among people
who are crossing illegally.

in any event, unlike you, i don’t expect those on my side to tow the line 100% of the time. i like people who think, not sheep who bleat what they are told.

I love Gorsuch.
I don't think Wayne understands what legislating from the bench is. Gorsuch was doing the opposite of that. His choice was to strike down a policy, not create one.

And he also pointed out even though the border crisis, in his opinion, was no longer a Covid one, that it is still a crisis. Don't see how any of that makes him a Rino as Wayne implied. Republicans ("Conservatives") would agree with Gorsuch that, in his words, "We are a court of law, not policymakers of last resort.” As well, they would agree, as they have been vociferously saying, that the border situation is a crisis.

Democrats (Progressives), on the other hand, for the past hundred years, have acted as if the Court should create policies. And they have a problem with admitting that there is any unusual crisis at the border--nor do they seem anxious to stem the tide of border crossers.