Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 01-15-2004, 08:37 AM   #1
scarecrow

Send a message via AIM to scarecrow
What do you think??

This is insane.
I got suspended from school for 3 days for,

Putting a snickers bar and two baby ruth bars in the school pool, yesterday.

Maybe a detention or something, but not suspension for 3 days, my dad thought it was pretty funny, my mom didnt find out and isent going to.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:52 AM   #2
beachwalker
Below Me

that you must have seen Caddyshack.............
beachwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:54 AM   #3
missing link

stupid liberal school , If the punishment were up to me , you would have to jump in and get them with your teeth. A harmless prank I say . hey 3 days off now CLEAN YOUR ROOM!!!!!!! later LINK

" Happy as a clam at high tide "
missing link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:05 AM   #4
pops02

you should have done it in early June, when the striped ones are around.....
pops02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:14 AM   #5
mikecc
Plug Builder in Training

Now you got time to build them Rods

mikecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:32 AM   #6
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

scarecrow, eh? I think you should go pay a visit to the Wizard and ask for a brain
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:00 AM   #7
Rappin Mikey
My brother is bald

Ha-ha. That is hilarious! You think that they have enough things to suspend over at Holyoke High. I can't believe with all the fights and drug dealing that goes on behind those walls, they are messing with you. I heard that there were five fights in the school the other day when the state was visiting because the school is underperforming.

seals + plovers =
Rappin Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:44 AM   #8
Jimbo

Punishment seems a little harsh considering the crime. Seems like this sort of thing happens when educators become highly degreed bureaucrats. My dad was a teacher for 30 some odd years on L.I., some of that spent as the Ass't Principal who among other things was the disciplinarian. He saw no use in suspending kids to stay home and do nothing. Under his regime, on a day like today, first you'd be out shoveling school walkways, cleaning off teacher's cars, and of course, cleaning the pool, followed by a stint cleaning the tiles around the pool with a toothbrush.
Hey, how about a thread on stupid school pranks people have pulled in their youth?
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:57 AM   #9
CustomMarineProducts
I'm not from here

Seems like a harmless prank. And a damn funny one at that!! You screwed up though, if you want to get away with harmless pranks, they have to be ORIGINAL!
Were you on the short list or do you have a clean record?? Seems having you work with the janitor for a few days would have sufficed. The entire system has become so intollerable. I pulled my son out of public school and he's in his room doing his math now.
CustomMarineProducts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:51 PM   #10
tlapinski
All up in the Interweb!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike P
scarecrow, eh? I think you should go pay a visit to the Wizard and ask for a brain
i couldn't have worded that better!
tlapinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:35 PM   #11
fishweewee

Send a message via AIM to fishweewee
Talking

I almost got busted in college for a similar prank I played on a fraternity that was pissing us off.

Took a dump in their clothes dryer. Then turned it on - HIGH heat. They weren't happy at all.

Couldn't prove whose poop it was.
fishweewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:33 PM   #12
Billybob

Whew, FWW - Bet that's one piece of evidence thats mighty ripe by now.
Ya know, they have the technology.

"Whats your name, and whatcha in for?"

"I'm WeeWee, crapped in a dryer"
Billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:57 PM   #13
hooked

Is it Scarecrow or is it really Carl Spackler...
hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:49 PM   #14
scarecrow

The greatest thing was that MY gym teacher thought it was funny.
The other Gym teacher I think wanted me to be deported or something he was really pissed.

So they give me this thing called a form 2 which is a behavior refferal, my principal looks at it and kind of gets a smurk on his face and then suspendeds me.

FWW, thats awesome.
Thats wicked funny.

Now I got a week to build rods, No classes friday due to weather.

Last edited by scarecrow; 01-15-2004 at 05:52 PM..
Old 01-15-2004, 07:56 PM   #15
RickBomba

Wow!
I thought demerits for not wearing socks at Holyoke catholic was extreme.
Good thing we didn't have a pool, or I'd probably still be a Junior right now.
It's always easy to be harsh on the kids you know wont fight, stab, or shoot back.
No wonder Holyoke has the lowest property values in the state; obviously the smartest of us stayed there and became school administrators.
Good Luck Spackler,
Spauding get out of the water...
Doodies!!!
Later,
Rick

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
RickBomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:18 PM   #16
fishweewee

Talking

Didn't help that I was wicked drunk...
Old 01-15-2004, 09:20 PM   #17
Raven

Post in forestry school

i invented a game for us to play in the dorm. It was called "Murder Ball" because you had the potential of dying.
First you run down the eighty foot long hallway just as fast as you can and just before the very last doorway with all your might you slam a golf ball into the east wall and then dive through the open door. that put the ball in motion and it would go the whole length of 80 feet hit the west wall and then who ever could catch it quickly (with a blanket)had to throw it again as fast as possible back to the east wall. well this one dude had the ball ricoche in his doorway
ten times and then it knocked him out cold. he was out like forever and we didnt even know it. he squealed to the Dean of students afterwards cuz of the egg on his forehead.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:26 PM   #18
fishweewee

Lightbulb

Dude, that requires WAAAAY too much hand-eye coordination.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:34 PM   #19
Raven

leeches

we were trout fishing in this pond that was just lousey with leeches so i collected about 25 of them thinking they could be used for bait (yeah right...maybe) anyways later we had them back at the dorm and watched em swim in the sink until we finally pulled the plug and let them go down the drain. ALL gone........ NOT ! back up they came. So this time i flushed em. try and come back now ya bastages i thought. Well they did and were waiting on the underside of the toilet seat for the next guy who came to sit down for a number 2. Unfortunately for him he was a long time sitter...read the whole paper kind of guy and when he stood up to wipe himself he freaked out when he saw all these leeches on his BUTT. Unfortunately for me he was also the Deleware state wrestling champion for several years in a row and literally wanted to rip my head off my neck, LOL ....Luckily i was a fast runner in those days
Old 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM   #20
fishweewee

Lightbulb

I got fined by my frat once for causing damage to the basement ceiling paint job.

I had (I was a silly sophomore at the time) perfected the art of throwing up vertically, like Old Faithful.

All you had to do was chug 6 beers in quick progression (or just do a long tap suck), and then shake yourself up and down, and then have you (or a bro) stick a finger down the throat and point mouth upwards. Then twirl around like a helicopter.

I think over the course of a week the paint started peeling and it got moldy. I ended up having to pay for the repair.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:41 PM   #21
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
Why the heck did you put candy in the pool?
In my school the way my Vice Principal are (we are kinda good friends ) But he would have expelled someone.. but we don't have a pool...lol

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:44 PM   #22
fishweewee

Talking

Next time if you have some dead eels or a bunch a snotty dried out sandworms, that would be better than candy bars. Just don't get caught. Oh yeah, day old squid. Tough to get the smell out.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:47 PM   #23
Raven

second floor slip and slide & BEER

we cleaned up ALL the toilets then plugged up every drain in every sink, shower, toilet in the second floor and turned everything on non-stop . every towel we could find was used to plug the cracks underneath doorways to prevent water loss....soon we had almost eight inches of water in that 80 foot hallway on a hot summers eve to run real fast in and surf the hall on boogie boards (homemade) ....it was fun until the Dean came by and noticed a slight waterfall coming down the stairwell like niagra falls. he had followed the water trail all the way from home.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:47 PM   #24
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
Quote:
Originally posted by fishweewee
Next time if you have some dead eels or a bunch a snotty dried out sandworms, that would be better than candy bars. Just don't get caught. Oh yeah, day old squid. Tough to get the smell out.
why note load the pool up with bluefish in june or something??? just watch out blues like fingers

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 08:16 AM   #25
fishweewee

Talking

Old 01-16-2004, 10:50 AM   #26
Jimbo

In 9th grade I had a Spanish teacher that noone liked, not even the teachers. I was in a gun club shooting .22's and one day I figured out if you took a long thin piece of hard plastic, like the small parts for a model come on, you could put the empty shells on the end and launch them the length of the class. I began shooting three to five shells each class. Soon she called the custodian in because she kept hearing a ringing-jingling noise. He couldn't find anything. After about two weeks my dad, who taught in the same district, told me he heard my Spanish teacher was having hearing problems. I was in my glory. I got too bold one day and launched one off the board and it landed on her desk. She ran out of the room and came back with the principal having told him someone in her class was shooting bullets at her. A desk to desk search revealed nothing (because I had about 100 shells stuffed down my underwear- - -talk about uncomfortable). Two days later I sold the business to another guy in class for his cafeteria lunch pass. He ended up getting expelled, the teacher took a leave of absence and never came back.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 02:37 PM   #27
Jenn

your caption "what do you think"?

well you asked and I think you are an idiot!

woe is you...you did something wrong and now you have to pay the price! TOUGH!
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 03:12 PM   #28
scarecrow

You sound like my mom

Hey Jenn,
you see the river lately were gonna have some high water this spring.
Probaly another late run like last year.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:13 PM   #29
chris L

WOW if I did the stuff I did back in my day today in school , Id be put in front of a firing squad . what you did was minor in my book very minor and funny but you did the deed now its time to suck it up and live with it . do the time and learn . NEXT TIME DONT GET CAUGHT !
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 09:55 AM   #30
Jenn

Quote:
you see the river lately were gonna have some high water this spring.
My trip north two weeks ago explained a lot!!!! all the springs, streams, ponds, rivers etc. that were normally froze solid up there at that time were NOT!!! It will be interesting to see what happens come spring
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote