Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 09-11-2001, 12:17 PM   #1
STEVE IN MASS

I Am Torn Up...But a sigh of releif

Like everyone else, I am torn to pieces about the events of today. To make it worse, Donna, my wife, was on her way to NJ this morning, scheduled to make the Tappen Zee by about 10:30. Her mother is in the hospital, evidently on her last legs. Donna was going to see her, maybe for the last time. I heard of the events and thought that there was no way she would make it there. She never listens to the radio, so I knew she had no idea of the morning's events. Not being good at directions, I feared she would be caught in traffic for hours. Tick....tick...tick...no call...where is she.

Fortunately, she stopped at the last rest area on 95 in CT, heard the news and turned around to come home. She just called me a few minutes ago.

Just my little nightmare within this entire big nightmare. Sure, it is petty compared with what some people are going thru

My thoughts and feelings go out to all that were and are more deeply involved........
STEVE IN MASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 12:49 PM   #2
Arby

I'm stuck in Brooklyn at work. All Bridges and Tunnels are closed.

Just to think that the World Trade Center, I see the buildings every day, are no longer standing. INCREDIBLE!!! This is WAR on whoever did this. There must be THOUSANDS of deaths in NYC alone.

Berkeley Striper Club.. Seaside Park, NJ
Arby is offline   Reply With Quote