Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Rod Building

Rod Building So, you've landed a nice fish on a plug you made, eh? Now, the next step, building your own RODS!

Old 12-15-2004, 11:21 PM   #1
bluefish
Plastic and Wood are GOOD!

Question TS 101 MS question....

I have seen the TS 101 MS rated 5/8 - 2 oz., 10 - 17 # , 10' 1 pc. My question is why does Lami's website have it listed as being rated 2 - 5 oz. and 10 - 20 #? This is the Tri-flex surf series rod isn't it? Does anyone know for sure what this rod is rated? What is your opinion of these rods? Thanks.

MBF
bluefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 12:13 AM   #2
bud8fan

Not familiar with that one, but I will tell you that for the most part Lamiglas' lure ratings are on the high side! For instance
Their GSB 120 1L is rated at 2-6 oz., and I wouldn't dare throw 4 oz. nevermind 6 oz.
bud8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 05:59 AM   #3
bluefish

Yeah.... but for a surf stick?

I mean this is a s~u~r~f rod rated 5/8 - 2 oz! What am I supposed to do .... throw LMB baits out there with it? Seriously though, I'm just waiting for someone to respond who has either seen or fished this rod and can clarify what up with Lami's description of it.

MBF
Old 12-16-2004, 06:32 AM   #4
mikecc
Plug Builder in Training

I got them at the shop we have guys throwing 7/8 to 4oz with the rods regularly.

mikecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:24 PM   #5
bluefish

Talking so... they do exist??? Hey mikecc....

I can't believe it Mike! You're the first person to acknowledge the existence of these rods. Is this an 04 model because according to a very reliable source there is no 10'er rated 5/8 - 2 oz for 05? What is the blank they used? Do you know? I bought it for the exact purpose you described... tossing bombers and storms. Mike, anything you can tell me about this stick would be appreciated!

MBF