Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Conservation Issues and Notices

Conservation Issues and Notices A new location to post Conservation Issues and Notices in place or or in addition to discussions on the Main Stripertalk Forum

Old 03-11-2005, 07:09 PM   #1
freeballin

New England Fishery Management Council Seeks Advisors for Recreational Fishing Panel

Northeast – New England Fishery Management Council Seeks Advisors for Recreational Fishing Panel
The New England FMC is seeking advisors for its Recreational Fishing Panel. The Recreational Fishing Panel consists of individuals who either fish for or are knowledgeable and interested in the conservation and management of resources harvested by the recreational sector, including party and charter boats. To the extent possible, the Advisory Panel will reflect a range of expertise and interests, geographic areas, user groups and social and economic interests.

In keeping with the Council's revised policy on Advisory Panels, the Recreational Fishing Panel will be limited to a maximum of 15 members and an individual may serve on more than one panel. Current advisors must indicate their interest, by fax, phone or email, if they wish to remain on an advisory panel. The Council Chairman will approve all appointments for the next 3-year term ending in 2008).

Anyone interested in serving as an advisor on the Recreational Advisory Panel should call the Council office at 978/465-0492 and ask for an application form along with a copy of the NEFMC Advisory Panel Policy. Interested individuals may also download application materials from the Council’s web page at www.nefmc.org. Completed application forms must be mailed to the Council and received by March 31, 2005.

Once the Council’s Chairman has approved the Recreational Fishing Advisory Panel members, all applicants will be notified.
freeballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:03 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Thanks for the heads up....

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 02:31 PM   #3
MakoMike

If anybody cares. I have applied for a seat on the NEFMC recreational advisory panel. Anyone who cares to write a letter of supprot for my nomination to the panel, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 08:22 PM   #4
flatts1

Quote:
Originally posted by MakoMike
If anybody cares. I have applied for a seat on the NEFMC recreational advisory panel. Anyone who cares to write a letter of supprot for my nomination to the panel, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
MakoMike,

I'll certainly consider it. Please list your real name so that I (and others) may do so and also describe why you think you would be a good choice for the position.

Thanks,
Mike

"Successful management of striped bass,
and all fish for that matter, is 90 percent
commonsense guesswork."
-- Ted Williams
flatts1 is offline   Reply With Quote