Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 08-27-2005, 11:47 AM   #1
Notaro
None

RJimmy, Christian, and Zacs

See y'all tomorrow @ 5:45 AM for our tuna charter trip with Bill and Jules in Quincy. Don't be late!
Notaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:51 AM   #2
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

Notaro, I lost my After Hours spook on the drive home from plug night!!!!!

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:53 AM   #3
Notaro
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowingTimber
Notaro, I lost my After Hours spook on the drive home from plug night!!!!!
how did it happen, man? Did u get hoed? im going to bring my AH spookster on my tuna charter trip and hope to land one. I want to goof off.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:02 PM   #4
Squid kids Dad

Good luck guys...Bill & Jules = good people

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #5
Fisherwoman

Send a message via ICQ to Fisherwoman
Notaro, RIjimmy,Christian and Zac's is there any way you guys can make it to the dock by 5 am, if so let me know. As of right now according to the weather report we are definatly on and so are the tuna.

We went out yesterday and got another tuna , it was a 25 lber that Bill caught on topwater light tackle. It was awesome/ Saw about 800 tuna yesterday, they were everywhere.

Things to bring, dress warm as the run will be cool in the morning, Sunglasses, hat, food, beverage. You will be all set. If You guys want me to call you all tonight I will unless I get a message back from all of you that you got this post.

Jules

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Fisherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 05:34 PM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I'm all set for 5, I'll five ya a call Jules!
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:21 PM   #7
Notaro
None

cool weather? that doesn't stop me.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:43 PM   #8
Christian
viva the plug-o-lution

Send a message via AIM to Christian
yeah ok..... im gunna be able to sleep. no.

live to fish. fish to live. rod tips high.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:10 PM   #9
fishweewee

Send a message via AIM to fishweewee
Question

Report?

I hope you guys smoked 'em.
fishweewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:55 PM   #10
TheRattBoy
surfcasting is NOT a crime

Question

TheRattBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:42 PM   #11
Notaro
None

Zacs lost the fish and we didn't celebrate it with a cigar. Christian, RJimmy, and I didn't have a hook up. Bad weather. Those effing fish have ADD because they just couldn't stay in one place. All schoolie tuna. But it was a great experience for me. I wilt ry to charter up next year for tuna and pray that I will land several and keep a giant for home/restaurant to give and eat. Weather was a little crappy.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:25 AM   #12
keeperreaper
Spot Preserver

Thats tuna fishing. They're here one minute gone the next. They are fast and can be very finicky. You gained valuable experience though.

Make America Great Again.
keeperreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 07:33 AM   #13
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I had a blast, Bill and Jules were great and it was great to meet new people from the site. I never knew tuna came so close to the top. We had some good tries at them and it was cool seeing these fish up close. We also ran into a pod of dolphins, very close and that was an amazing site.
The sea was choppy and it made it more difficult to find them. I didnt realize how much we were bouncing around until we got off the boat and my legs were shaky. I was dizzy until I went to sleep, sort of seasick after I got off the sea?
I will make it a yearly trip to go after these fish and will hook up with Bill and Jules again. The boat was amazing and you were both good hosts.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:31 AM   #14
zacs
D'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notaro
Zacs lost the fish and we didn't celebrate it with a cigar.
LOL. You are a funny guy, Joe. I forgot I told you I brought the cigars. I would have stayed and smoked one at the dock with you when we got back in, but I was so beat from that ride home, I was dreading my ride back to the Ocean State. Sorry, man, next time...

Yeah, I had that damn fish on for about ten seconds. I have been replaying it in my mind all night and morning. I don't think I could have done anything differently. Maybe I should have set the hook harder...I don't know. It was still cool to see that fish break clean out of the water to take the pencil popper, to feel the weight on the line, and then to hear christian shreek like a gril

All and all a great trip. Bill & Jules are great people. And they have an awesome boat.

RIJimmy, no dolphin pics? Those things were incredible. At first we thought they were 200lb tuna.

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:46 AM   #15
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

My pics were sad.......I blame the waves. I'll email them but they're really, really bad.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:17 AM   #16
Fisherwoman

RIJimmy,Zacs, Notaro, Christian, Bill and I want to thank you for a great day out there. Wish the seas would have cooperated, but thats how it goes offshore sometimes, I hope we didn't beat you guys up too bad.

I wish you would have landed that fish Zac, would have been awesome, but don't lose sleep over it as tuna will do that to you. You didn't do any thing wrong, when that fish jumped he just threw the plug, same thing happens with bass sometimes and you hooked into a tuna!!!! Thats like hooking a bass on Steroids.

Christian, I gotta say that scream you left out made me think someone fell outa the boat!!! LMAO

RIJimmy was a pleasure meeting you, You were awesome and fun to be around!!!And no you can't have our boat. But when are you gonna get one

Notaro, All I can say is I should Have drowned your A$$ for losing the sacred PEE BUCKET off my boat!!!! That was a mortal sin, I have had that lucky bucket since we owned the old boat and was the only thing we brought on board the new boat. IT WAS MY LUCKY BUCKET. If you weren't sleeping and out of it most of the day I probably would have thrown you OVERBOARD!!!!!! YOU OWE ME BIGTIME BUDDY, all I can say is that after the bucket went overboard we never saw another tuna, It was like a light swicth went off. I definatley think it was because of my lucky bucket. LMAO

All kidding aside, we had a great time yesterday and you guys were awesome to have on board, glad you made it all home safely after that bumpy ride in and out. I am glad you all enjoyed your 1st tuna trip and learned something to boot when you were on board the Alternative.

Thanks Again,
Jules & Bill

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Old 08-29-2005, 10:26 AM   #17
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Seems that is what Notaro does mostly on boat trips.....he sleeps!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:50 AM   #18
BasicPatrick
M.S.B.A.

Location: I live in the Villiage of Hyannis in the Town of Barnstable in the Commonwealth of MA
Send a message via AIM to BasicPatrick Send a message via Yahoo to BasicPatrick
Dear Bill & Jules,
I am writing you in response to the unfortunate accident that took place on a recent tuna charter. I am not overly supersticious, however some things are just plain signs from the heavens. The loss of "Jules Pee Bucket" is an obvious indication that the "Alternative" is now cursed. At this time, I regret to inform you that I will no longer be able to work as second Captain for the charter boat Alternative. As you know, safety is a big concern for me and I just do not feel that a brand spanking new beautiful top quality vessel such as yours can be considered safe without the infamous bucket.
The only way that I would change my decision would be a committment to take one of two drastic measures required to "reverse the curse".
The forst and easiest way to "reversethe curse" would be to kill Notaro, but that is just not feasable. The second way would be to take that sweet ride to a very special island with lots of indian mojo and run it round and round that island for at least 21 days. I beleive that this might just wash the curse of Notaro right off the boat and save your investment and adress my concerns.

sincerely,
Captain Basic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherwoman
RIJimmy,Zacs, Notaro, Christian, Bill and I want to thank you for a great day out there. Wish the seas would have cooperated, but thats how it goes offshore sometimes, I hope we didn't beat you guys up too bad.

I wish you would have landed that fish Zac, would have been awesome, but don't lose sleep over it as tuna will do that to you. You didn't do any thing wrong, when that fish jumped he just threw the plug, same thing happens with bass sometimes and you hooked into a tuna!!!! Thats like hooking a bass on Steroids.

Christian, I gotta say that scream you left out made me think someone fell outa the boat!!! LMAO

RIJimmy was a pleasure meeting you, You were awesome and fun to be around!!!And no you can't have our boat. But when are you gonna get one

Notaro, All I can say is I should Have drowned your A$$ for losing the sacred PEE BUCKET off my boat!!!! That was a mortal sin, I have had that lucky bucket since we owned the old boat and was the only thing we brought on board the new boat. IT WAS MY LUCKY BUCKET. If you weren't sleeping and out of it most of the day I probably would have thrown you OVERBOARD!!!!!! YOU OWE ME BIGTIME BUDDY, all I can say is that after the bucket went overboard we never saw another tuna, It was like a light swicth went off. I definatley think it was because of my lucky bucket. LMAO

All kidding aside, we had a great time yesterday and you guys were awesome to have on board, glad you made it all home safely after that bumpy ride in and out. I am glad you all enjoyed your 1st tuna trip and learned something to boot when you were on board the Alternative.

Thanks Again,
Jules & Bill

"It is impossible to complain and to achieve at the same time"--Basic Patrick (on a good day)

BasicPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:53 AM   #19
BEETLE

Oh boy Joe, you dropped the lucky pee bucket overboard, this is not good for that yin + yang thingie.

Basic's response jumped in just before this while being typed... I half to agree with that romping on Indian ground for 21 day thing and reverse the curse.
BEETLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 12:02 PM   #20
BEETLE

Wait a minute.... I just remembered - the Alternative #2 has a freikin head - WTF you still using the pee bucket for ?????
Old 08-29-2005, 12:05 PM   #21
Fisherwoman

Dear Captain Patrick, I know how you feel as I am completely distressed over the loss of "MY PEE BUCKET" I really think that we could make option 1 feesable!!! I think we should take Notaro on another trip and hang him from the bow in 10 ft seas until he can take no more

I do not know how long it will take for me to recover from this sadenning situation. I am hoping that in the coming weeks we will prevail over this distressful situation and return the Alternative back to ripping lips as usual. For now Notaro is completely banned from the Alternative until furthur notice!!!!

I agree that situation and option #2 would be the cure for sure, so we may have to check into that ASAP!!!

Captain Patrick would you be able to facilitate and join us on our journey to the Indian Island for recovering our Mojo.

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Old 08-29-2005, 12:10 PM   #22
Fisherwoman

Beetle, We use this bucket for many things, PEEING Quik as the fish are busting, Head takes to much time and I can not see the fish from down there.

USe # 2- boat mojo maker
Use # 3- ice mover
Use # 4 -eel bucket

For furthur inquiries, please contact us immediatly!!!!

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Old 08-29-2005, 12:12 PM   #23
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherwoman
I think we should take Notaro on another trip and hang him from the bow in 10 ft seas until he can take no more
I think 1 ft seas and 10 minutes would be enough for Joe
Old 08-29-2005, 01:28 PM   #24
BEETLE

from what i'm hearing he'd probably sleep right through it.

Jules, thanks for clearing up the many uses you had of your beloved pee bucket.

Joe - it's a bummer to be you right now....
Old 08-29-2005, 01:41 PM   #25
fishweewee

Send a message via AIM to fishweewee
Cool

shame on you for losing the lucky honey bucket, joe.
fishweewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:42 PM   #26
zacs
D'oh

Dear Fisherwoman, et. all,

I am in the process of making a new and better pee bucket for the Alternative. This bucket, if intitated properly, should reverse the dreaded "CURSE OF NOTARO."

Initiation procedure:
Once the bucket is in your possesion, you must do the following. Take the heart of the mighty Stiped Bass. Place into bucket. Take the head of the cunning Bluefish. Place into bucket. At dead low tide, on new moon night, hold the bucket high, and dump the contents into the churing seas of the afformentioned spiritual island mentioned by Capt' Patrick. This should reverse the unfortunate "CURSE OF NOTARO."

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:11 PM   #27
Iwannakeeper
fishing the pacific

Send a message via AIM to Iwannakeeper
I am not mixing any drinks on the alternative.

I never have nor will I be willing to put pee flavored Ice in cocktails.

Jules, I know they are expensive, but maybe I can get you a couple of buckets
1. for pee
2. for chum
3. for ice
etc.

Keep lines wet and tight in the pacific
Iwannakeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:13 PM   #28
Iwannakeeper
fishing the pacific

Send a message via AIM to Iwannakeeper
the only thing with the buckets I am offering - none have the mojo of Jules Pee Bucket.

Jules - I am surprise you didn't make joe go swimming after it.

Keep lines wet and tight in the pacific
Iwannakeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:44 PM   #29
Notaro
None

Oh god, it was an accident. It slipped off my hands. I will get you another one if you want me to. But don't use me as a trolling plug for tunas. 10 knots? That would kill me in a minute.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:10 PM   #30
CAL
I need spring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish
Seems that is what Notaro does mostly on boat trips.....he sleeps!
He does that on surf trips too. He slept all the way to and from one of the local spots. At least I know he can't find his way there on his own

Notaro, you a butterfinger. Got any spooks left?
CAL is offline   Reply With Quote