Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 11-28-2005, 01:34 PM   #1
BrianS
Canal Junkie

Send a message via AIM to BrianS
Satan could be swedish.. or.. my trip to Ikea

I have ventured into the bowels of hell and who would of known hell was part of Scandanavia.

So my wife dragged me to Ikea. I knew it would be horrifying but had no idea just what it would be like.

Part 1. Parking
I know you don't speak english and I am fairly certain you don't speak swedish but I am sure that the cape verde language has such words as "left" "right" "spot" and "exit"

Don't direct me straight thru the entire parking garage then try to force me thru the exit and force my wife to yell at you to explain WE ARENT LEAVING.... WE JUST ARRIVED...

And whats with the wand things? Arent they supposed to direct the flow of traffic? I don’t want to drive backwards, or into the ceiling, anywhere but where your supposed to go. You have no problem however babbling at us in whatever language you speak when we try to take a left and your wand is directing us into the right wall.

So we finally park after about 20 mins...
You have no idea just how big this place is.. It’s the first store that I have ever felt overwhelmed in. I am sure part of it was due to the THOUSANDS of people in it. The place is INSANE....

There needs to be directions, or maybe there is, I don’t know, on how to use the store.. It took us awhile to realize you need to write down locations of the items you like in the displays to find later.. Its like a treasure hunt! Here are your clues, now good luck! The entire upper floor is the clues, the lower floor is the island with the buried loot.

So we write down a few items... A couple of which should have been in the giant pit of items downstairs.. Couldn’t find them... Took about an hour and a half to go thru the entire store and got to the do it yourself warehouse... Every item is named the same damn thing.. Or rather one of 4 names... There are no colored pictures or good diagrams on the boxes... So the items we thought we wanted, we ended up not being so sure of because we couldn’t see it or couldn’t remember them from 90 mins earlier.. We left with our obligatory odd ikea lamps and left.. 45 mins later, we were finallly back on 24.. Mildly disturbed..

The place is dirt cheap, ill give it that, but its pure evil... Will I go back? Sure! But only after consuming large quantities of liquor..

aim: SaltedBrian
BrianS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:44 PM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I hear you, my wife dragged me there in Oakland Ca. It was nuts. She has been talking about the Stoughton one and have been avoiding it!
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 02:41 PM   #3
BigBo

Thumbs down

It's places like that that swear me off of shopping for anything at all. I avoid it at all cost!

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 06:45 PM   #4
Swede

ikea

ya ever had lutfisK...
Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:39 PM   #5
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

IKEA

You were being kind compared to some of the descriptions I heard of the store.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote