Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,697
Blog Entries: 1
Commercial Plug Builders Policy

I don't want to be a thread crapper here but we have noticed more than a few commercial plug builders coming to S-B lately and covertly pushing some product. As stated in the registration agreement (see below), the official S-B policy is that selling plugs through S-B, unless a Sponsor, is verboten. We do have sponsors that help keep the lights on here, supporting our sponsors is important.

Commercial Advertising without written permission from Striped-Bass.com is Strictly Prohibited, this includes self promotion and promotion of external entities. This is locally considered "SPAM" and is prohibited at Striped-Bass.com

Now, we have also had an understanding here that if a non-commercial builder sells a couple plugs to a fellow member -on occasion - to help offset "costs", that is overlooked. Commercial selling, spamming, redirecting of people to external sources (for example EBAY, another website or tackle shop) to promote or sell product is verboten...

So again, sorry to be a crapper here but rules are the rules and we are trying to be fair to our members and the sponsors. We have a Fantastic community here, and for one, I'd hate to see people take advantage of our members.

Thanks,

John

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Striped-Bass.com

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:17 AM   #2
capesams
Really Old & Really Grumpy
iTrader: (0)
 
capesams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: not a clue
Posts: 4,860
how about" free plug" -shpin an handleing $21.99

BOAT fish do count.
capesams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #3
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,697
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by capesams
how about" free plug" -shpin an handleing $21.99
Sure, if you send me a duplicate of every plug sold

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:04 PM   #4
capesams
Really Old & Really Grumpy
iTrader: (0)
 
capesams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: not a clue
Posts: 4,860
how about a "lease a plug month club" only 21.99 deposit...an 1 .00 fa every month you hang onto it after that.

BOAT fish do count.
capesams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,697
Blog Entries: 1
If the plug is broken off by a bass or blue, does the fish assume the lease?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:56 PM   #6
capesams
Really Old & Really Grumpy
iTrader: (0)
 
capesams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: not a clue
Posts: 4,860
no,,only said person who's name is on the original lease is responsiable for loss of said item..loser's fee is 10.00 on top of THE non-refundable deposit.
but for a second time lease-e,,a discount price of only 15.99 per item plus 2.00 per month rental after that, till lost or stolen, if ho'd it's the party's responibility[whomever's name is on the bottom line/lease] to pay full replacement cost of only 29.99 depending on color/shape/size/3 hooks/2 hooks/bucktail/new/used[built-in mojo's more $$ etc.
penalty for loaning said item[if found out]to any other individual will be trebles under finger nails and loss of future leases.

BOAT fish do count.
capesams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #7
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"
iTrader: (1)
 
thefishingfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bahston Hahbah
Posts: 6,524
i claim lease on that two pound flag squid
do you take credit

"That is still good meat on that fahkin fish kidd"
fishbucketsportfishing

thefishingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #8
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR
I don't want to be a thread crapper here but we have noticed more than a few commercial plug builders coming to S-B lately and covertly pushing some product. As stated in the registration agreement (see below), the official S-B policy is that selling plugs through S-B, unless a Sponsor, is verboten. We do have sponsors that help keep the lights on here, supporting our sponsors is important.

Commercial Advertising without written permission from Striped-Bass.com is Strictly Prohibited, this includes self promotion and promotion of external entities. This is locally considered "SPAM" and is prohibited at Striped-Bass.com

Now, we have also had an understanding here that if a non-commercial builder sells a couple plugs to a fellow member -on occasion - to help offset "costs", that is overlooked. Commercial selling, spamming, redirecting of people to external sources (for example EBAY, another website or tackle shop) to promote or sell product is verboten...

So again, sorry to be a crapper here but rules are the rules and we are trying to be fair to our members and the sponsors. We have a Fantastic community here, and for one, I'd hate to see people take advantage of our members.

Thanks,

John

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Striped-Bass.com

OK John, that is fine but what about any rule about commercial builders posting pics of their stuff that they are proud to just show off? anything about that? specifically? I don't know where the line is drawn. I see nothing wrong with someone who is not a sponsor who wants to join in and put a picture or 3 up of some interesting plugs they may have to show us.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:47 PM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,697
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot
OK John, that is fine but what about any rule about commercial builders posting pics of their stuff that they are proud to just show off? anything about that? specifically? I don't know where the line is drawn. I see nothing wrong with someone who is not a sponsor who wants to join in and put a picture or 3 up of some interesting plugs they may have to show us.
That's fine, just as long as they don't say they can be purchased at X or make transactions thru PMs or e-mails and such.

If someone asks where to by some RM Smith Plugs, it is encouraged for someone to say where they can get them (though preferrably from a sponsor ) but I don't think it is fair for a builder (and not saying RM here) to say you can buy them at XYZ or having someone signup ie Penetrator baits to spam the members of the site. If a commercial builder wants to become a sponsor here at S-B, it is something we can look at down the road...

I guess the short version of the goal is to maintain as open a forum as we can, support our sponsors, and not be an avenue of free advertising because someone wants to take advantage of the open nature of the Internet or this site. I encourage those that may be commercial builders to enjoy the site for the exchange of ideas, meet and get to know the great folks here, and experience the fishincomaraderie that it is but to not look at it as "free advertising". Just trying to find the right balance here... That balance is sometimes dificult

Thanks!

John

(Oh, and this is open to discussion if people want to do so)

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:40 PM   #10
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,697
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
So I can't post pictures of my flag spooks for $5 then?
You are a sponsor - jacka$$ (though I do need to send you a bill )

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:42 PM   #11
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"
iTrader: (1)
 
thefishingfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bahston Hahbah
Posts: 6,524
you betta hide!

"That is still good meat on that fahkin fish kidd"
fishbucketsportfishing

thefishingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:04 PM   #12
capesams
Really Old & Really Grumpy
iTrader: (0)
 
capesams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: not a clue
Posts: 4,860
For plug's only//just let everyone have a free for all 2006 and see who's left standing..

have one forum just for selling plug's with the stipulation that for every plug they sell they'll be a site fee of a dollar per , PREPAID:30 pc. limit at a time.

no selling through pm's//everything out in the open on record[in print]

any delay in payment will result in from the forum.

accounting nightmare yes..cash cow for the site yes...sponser's already in place are excempt from the dollar fee.

close the forum at the end of every month till fee's have caught up with the paper work.

ok....bomb's away or whatever anyone is using these day's.

Last edited by capesams; 02-09-2006 at 08:24 PM..

BOAT fish do count.
capesams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #13
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,697
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
hehe John I'm yanking Freaks chains that's all

I hope to see you Saturday.

So one question, can I or can't I post a pic of something new?
See you Saturday. You bringing stuff? Did you get my e-mail?


Quote:
Originally Posted by capesams
For plug's only//just let everyone have a free for all 2006 and see who's left standing..

have one forum just for selling plug's with the stipulation that for every plug they sell they'll be a site fee of a dollar per , PREPAID:30 pc. limit at a time.

no selling through pm's//everything out in the open on record[in print]

any delay in payment will result in from the forum.

accounting nightmare yes..cash cow for the site yes...sponser's already in place are excempt from the dollar fee.

close the forum at the end of every month till fee's have caught up with the paper work.

ok....bomb's away or whatever anyone is using these day's.
CS - intersting points, will take under thought...

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:20 AM   #14
Swimmer
Retired Surfer
iTrader: (0)
 
Swimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Sunset Grill
Posts: 9,456
free for all.....no charge

What are you going to do, throw sawdust at each other?

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #15
UserRemoved
GrayBeards
iTrader: (0)
 
UserRemoved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,132
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernon98 View Post
You are a sponsor - jacka$$ (though I do need to send you a bill )
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
UserRemoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com