Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 10-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
BassyiusMaximus

What might be the last great Sunday of the Season . . .

. . . for bass for me.

We were in an area that I know is good for Black Sea bass and where further up in the rip is where the fluke live. We had been pulling keeper black sea bass, which really is anything bigger than 12 inches and occasionally I could feel the tell tale vibration of scup down in the depths. I figured after a little while after hooking up some 10.5"+ scup which are off limits to keep after Oct. 1, that I'd just leave the thing down there swimming around since I had a good/big enough hook which I was using for the BSB when I finally got "The Pull." I immediately let the bail free and watched the line fly off the spool then flipped the bail and held on. Nice!, better than 40" bass from the scup that were caught while fishing for black sea bass using the biggest chubs of the season, like 3 1/2 inchers. I can read it now, I shouldn't have been knowingly live-lining the scup for anything and I wasn't, I had caught a scup while was fishing for black sea bass and caught striped bass.

What a beautiful day Sunday was. Calm seas with a great flow going in all the rips. Out with Dad, brother in law, 4 year old nephew who got his share of BSB's on light tackle/12 lb test and a light freshwater rod, so funny to hear his grunting when he is pulling up 12-15 inch sea bass, on what might have been our last day in South Cape water. Saturday blew hard and Monday blew harder.

I have the boat out and will be heading out of Winter Island to chase the mackerel and cod and flounder until no one will go with me because it is too cold. The last hurrah will be late this season.

Last edited by BassyiusMaximus; 10-10-2006 at 03:05 PM..
BassyiusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #2
Blitzseeker
Cape Crusader

I don't care what anyone says....I like it. Good idea. If you bring it up and throw it back in as bait, that's a different story.
Blitzseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
jim sylvester
<><><><><><><>

sounds fine with me....nice catch

just like catching a schoolie and a seal comes along>>>>>>>>>BAM
jim sylvester is offline   Reply With Quote