Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 09-14-2000, 12:24 AM   #1
Jenn

Maine in Oct. ???

I hope I am not asking too many questions here but..... the hubby and I are planning a trip to Bar Harbor for Columbus day weekend ( our one year anniversary!!). Niether of us have ever been there so I was wondering if there is any good fishing there this time of year and if so where?? And with what? Any news good or bad would be appriciated! Thanks...Jenn
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2000, 07:02 AM   #2
MartyK

RE:Maine in Oct. ???

Jenn, my summer house is well south of Bar Harbor and I pack it in before Columbus Day. I've heard that a few fish may linger around until mid-October if the weather holds out but my personal experience has been that I've never caught much of anything after the end of September/first few days of October. However, Maine in October is beautiful. You may miss the best foliage, however, by a week or two. Enjoy.
Old 09-14-2000, 10:53 AM   #3
Canalratt1

Stripers may be out of there by then but bottom fishing on the party boats could be an option. The fishing for cod and haddock has been excellant this year and there should be some boats running then. You usually see whales out there too.
Canalratt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2000, 04:50 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Don't know if your a smallmouth bass junky like myself, but there will be some great fishing on any lakes that are still open that time of year. I'm planning on a late October trip to Northern Maine myself, just to get a shot at some big bronzebacks before the season closes.

Tight lines.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2000, 09:13 PM   #5
Jenn

Thanks for all the input guys....
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote