Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 07-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Last edited by UserRemoved1; 05-03-2009 at 06:34 AM..
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:55 AM   #2
saltfly

7 people in a 12' skiff off monomoy.yeow!!!
saltfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:00 AM   #3
Hooper
Southsider

What I find most amusing is the replies at the bottom of the article decrying the family for killing a swordfish..... gimme a break. Think I'll have swordfish on the grill tonight....

Great story, I remember hearing similar stories about tuna fish, once in P-Town Harbor and once in Gloucester, both a fact not local lore.
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:06 PM   #4
nklinesider

i would love to pull up on a 500 pound sword....a 500 pound anything for that matter....and then to scare it up onto the sand. wish i could have seen it
nklinesider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #5
keeperreaper
Spot Preserver

A few years ago one good sized tuna got stuck in a salt pond for a few days in Chatham. It eventually went with the tide out to sea but those bizarre occurences do indeed happen.

Make America Great Again.
keeperreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
Hooper
Southsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperreaper View Post
A few years ago one good sized tuna got stuck in a salt pond for a few days in Chatham. It eventually went with the tide out to sea but those bizarre occurences do indeed happen.

Remember the white shark that got stuck in a cove on one of the Elizabeth Islands a few summers back?
Old 07-05-2008, 08:31 PM   #7
maddmatt

monomoy??

thats park service land and belongs to the king! we arn't allowed there any more. its gov property, not ours! lucky they weren't caught! they probably would have all had to dig a big hole and stand in it while the park service figured out which end of the gun shot the bullets. then they woulda seized everything and sold it at some gov auction. boy do i feel safer now that i don't have access to that beach anymore! go big gov!! your tax dollars taking freedom away from you!

"never met a bluefish i wouldn't sell"
maddmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #8
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmatt View Post
thats park service land and belongs to the king! we arn't allowed there any more. its gov property, not ours! lucky they weren't caught! they probably would have all had to dig a big hole and stand in it while the park service figured out which end of the gun shot the bullets. then they woulda seized everything and sold it at some gov auction. boy do i feel safer now that i don't have access to that beach anymore! go big gov!! your tax dollars taking freedom away from you!
Try reading articles first

July 4, 1958

Also good luck finding a 500lb sword these days.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #9
Hooper
Southsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmatt View Post

I have a friend who was fishing with another coule and their kids and the boat ran into engine trouble. Their boat washed ashore on the eastern side of the island and they almost got killed as they washed up on the beach. Remember, wives and kids on board, no alcohol either because of the little ones.

He and his buddy walked around the shoreline to the SW corner in the hope of finding another boater or some other help. Well, they found help.

A official from the Parks Service comes up to them and reads them the riot act. Despite my buddy trying to explain how rough surf almost killed two families, she didn't want to hear it. She went on to lecture them about threatened seabirds. She demanded their names, addresses etc so she could write them up.

The conversation ended when my buddy told her where she could go and what she could do to herself.