Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 07-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
Raven

Exclamation george w says

"I'm concerned about the reefs. I'm a fisherman. I like to fish. Reefs are important for fisheries," Bush said.
"But the technology is such that you can protect the reefs," he said, noting that new techniques allow for companies to drill vertically far from a reef, then drill horizontally to oil reserves that are under sensitive reef
=========================================
after watching a show on land fills

i think it's foolish to bury plastic when it could be ground up and
turned into artificial reefs...
and
if you have ever driven across texas....???

the show also said that there's two floating garbage islands out in the middle of the sea...(made from nets & plastic ect.)

big enough to cover the state of texas twice.... thats figgan HUGE !
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Knowing "W"......he probably thought they were talking about Christmas Reefs....He likes hangen 'em on the door at da holidaze.......with a big purty bow.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #3
Nebe

Agendas... he should be telling the masses of america that we all need to unite and push for more wind power, solar and biofuels and get our dependance off of oil.. but we all know where his interests lay- OIL...
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:57 PM   #4
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

My fav. quote... "If we don't stop extending our troops all around the world in nation-building missions, then we're going to have a serious problem." — George W. Bush, Jan. 2001.

$556,000,000,000
and counting right now.

But we can't afford to fix social security.
Hell,
a solar panel on every house in America!

But I digress...
"Amigo! Amigo!" --George W. Bush, calling out to Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi in Spanish at the G-8 Summit, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

"Wait a minute. What did you just say? You're predicting $4-a-gallon gas? ... That's interesting. I hadn't heard that." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Feb. 28, 2008

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #5
wheresmy50

I don't understand the post. You can drill horizontally. Do you guys think you only drill straight down?
wheresmy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

I'm sure they do know.
If not, I did know.

Drilling more out of known holes w/ better technologies is probably the shortest increase in raw production. Much faster than new wells!

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote