Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sportsman's Talk

Sportsman's Talk New forum for other outdoor sports. Hunting, shooting, archery, and everything else that has you crawling around with the bugs...

Old 03-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
american spirit
Formerly the_shocker

blair holt firearm licensing and record of sale act 2009

just got this email from my father in law in PA. he's all bent about this. putting restrictions on gun ownership.

i have a class A license and don't see how this law would affect me. i already had to: register, get fingerprinted, supply a license and social. to me everyone should keep all firearms locked up somewhere. it is a little shady that there could potentially be random health screens and home screens for safety reasons. not likely though.
american spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
wheresmy50

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_shocker View Post
i already had to: register, get fingerprinted, supply a license and social.
Your rights are already gone - there's nothing more to take and thus nothing more to worry about.

Do journalists have to get fingerprinted to write articles that are protected by the First Ammendment?

The Second Ammendment is the SHTF clause in the BOR. It's only there in case all else fails, so the people have the means to overthrow the government - something that is specifically mentioned in the Declaration of Independence.

". . . when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Not making this political, I'll only say that "someone" has said we need a new Declaration of Independence. Wonder why?

Article 1, Section 9:
No bill of attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.
wheresmy50 is offline   Reply With Quote