Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 08-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Deep Jigging

Love this time of year, drifting and jigging deep for a wide variety of game fish and table fair. Off one of my favorite offshore humps in Vineyard sound yesterday we got into some 12-15 lb blues, lots of black sea bass, picked up an nice fluke, jumbo scup and the occassional snagged choggie. Odd to not be picking up any stripers deep around these spots, usually I get some nice large early am before they move off, but not many this year. Fishing 3-4 oz jigs with my 7" split tails, love the shimano speed jigging rods for this, paired with a stradic 5000 and 30# braid; easy on the arm and very sensitive. Good eating last night and lots of vacuumed package black sea bass.

Used the new drift sock yesterday, which I picked up since the T-top and canvass have vastly increased my drift rate; worked great.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
fishsmith
DDG-51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Used the new drift sock yesterday, which I picked up since the T-top and canvass have vastly increased my drift rate; worked great.
Sounds like a great day.

Drift socks are great, as much as I like to cheap out and use a 5 gallon bucket for everything, the drift sock makes a big difference, never more evident than cod fishing in 250+ ft w/ 32oz , every little bit helps.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote