Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 06:47 PM   #1
fishweewee

Send a message via AIM to fishweewee
Angry Let's Drop A Big One On Al-Jazeera...

...for being party to the filmed execution and interrogation of captured U.S. troops in Iraq.

Watching the Danny Pearl video was bad enough.

Drop a big one on 'em I say.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:27 PM   #2
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

Send a message via AIM to Homerun04
I agree......we should nuke the entire region out and start over again with "normal" people......no loss to humanity IMHO

"You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give"
Old 03-23-2003, 07:42 PM   #3
STRIPER77

Post Big one

If their surrenders were fake---- then the our bullets response to their surrenders are fake too. Right????
Surrender--B/S---they've had twelve years to "surrender" or get rid of that pervert.
And I really want to buy some French,German, or Russian products. I never thought Japanese and Chinese products would look good. Of course it would be nice if we still made things in the USA.

STRIPER77
Old 03-23-2003, 07:55 PM   #4
Clammer

#$%^ em all //big time

I,d like to see us pull all our money & support & our troops/ bring them back home /and take care of us
Instead of being big brother when they need us big mother when they don,t
The money we spend overseas would go a long way in the medical field, homeless , etc

Montreal fans booing the star spangled banner before the hockey game

F TF++++++++++++++++FTF

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 03-23-2003, 08:09 PM   #5
STRIPER77

Oooops----Forgot about that Clamdigger----Quebec can go to hell too---and any products they make(I don't think they make much beside maple syrup)---and believe it or not we still make that here.

STRIPER77
Old 03-23-2003, 09:24 PM   #6
Clammer

I don,t forget ////////

and their attitude started way before this latest @#$%

many, many years ago when I was a accountant working for one of the big8 we ha da company with 36 branches & 11 plants , Toronto, Winnipeg< vancouver, no problem==but Q&M , every single @#$%^&* time it was a project to get any thing from them //and when we did ==it was always late & wrong

I told my wife years ago I had no desire to visit Q&M or most of Europe , they take our money & tell us to #$%^ ourselves

W/W see what you,ve done

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 03-24-2003, 12:00 AM   #7
FCAlive

Quote:
Originally posted by Homerun04
I agree......we should nuke the entire region out and start over again with "normal" people......no loss to humanity IMHO
Homerun04,

You sound terrible saying things like this.

You give Americans a bad name.

If you profess to any religion, you should realize that this is type of thing would probably be looked about pretty poorly by those upstairs.

If you don't, you should probably try to find something else to steer you away from moral bankruptcy.

Or, if you were joking, you shouldn't joke about things like this.

What do you think?

I like fishing!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:05 AM   #8
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

FC -

Actually, I am quite religious and very involved in my church. I have studied for over 16 years the varioius major faiths worldwide, including Judiams, all Christian faiths, Buddhism and Islam. I have earn a minor degree in Christianity and the Cathecism of the Chritian Faiths, and have spoken with Church leaders (to the Bishop level) on this subject and my thoughts. The clergy I have spoken to agree with my stance.

In fact, EVERY organized religion in the world -- in their sacred scriptures -- has advocated cases of violence as a way to eradicate the enemies of God. I would suggest you read the Koran, Bible and Torah for starters -- depending on your faith.

Of what religion are you? I can assure you that whatever religion you are part of has advocated violence at times. In fact, most inhabitants of the Northeast US are of Christian or Jewish faith. There are MANY instances in the Bible (for example) whereby Jesus purposefully inflicted harm against people, and did not forgive them for their sins. The common MYTH in religion is that Jesus wants you to be a passive, liberal who forgives everything and everyone. That is not what Jesus wanted -- it is in the Bible, and if you are a Christian you surely beleive the Bible is the word of God. Correct?

So, I do not see anything wrong with my position. I may have exaggerated it a bit to make a point, but the bottom line is that the US is acting in a clear, moralistic and justifiable (in the eyes of God) way by entering into this war with Iraq. In fact, not entering into this conflict to stop someone from continuing this brutality would have been anti-relgious on our part.

Are you schooled in any particular religion? If so, I would be happy to have a debate (off line) on this subject if you feel it warrants.

Old 03-24-2003, 09:42 AM   #9
Mr. Sandman

I am still waiting for the shock and awe... Stop with the fire works and wipe them out for good.
Its time to stop screwing around and flush out these magots once and for all. Collect your ground intel., and EMP the whole region then selectively nuke any areas you think these SOB's are. This guy is still alive...he is like a rat! Fushem out and do it! I don't like the idea of all these ground troops. Ground wars suck, air wars fought from ships and planes is all we need IMO.
Cleanse the region once and for all...After the dust settles, then sort it out. They should do the same with Bin Laden too, find the city he is in and level it..I don't care where, just do it...end of story.

Rebuilding expenses? ...thats France's problem.

What do you think about these facts:

1) France's huge contracts with iraq (arms for oil)
2) Russian arms and training to iraq...still going on as we speak.
Hmmmmmmmm. and they wanted to veto at the UN...I wonder why? Quite frankly since they have a "conflict of interest" they should not been able to vote in the first place IMO! Where are all the lawyers when you need them?
Old 03-24-2003, 10:05 AM   #10
FCAlive

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman

Rebuilding expenses? ...thats France's problem.
Sandman,

Actually rebuilding Iraq is exactly what this war is all about.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0915-04.htm

http://www.thedailyenron.com/documen...5550-68379.asp

http://www.truthout.org/docs_02/07.22C.halli.probe.htm

I like fishing!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:13 AM   #11
FCAlive

Homerun04,

Baghdad is a city of 5 million people. Dropping a nuclear weapon would be tantamount to genocide on a scale rarely seen.

Are you really in favor of burning the flesh off of tens of thousands of innocent civilians?

I do not like the fundamentalist Islamic way of life. It seems totally backwards to me, but I would never kill somebody for their religious beliefs. I guess you would.

It's too bad that the administration has the support of people such as yourself. They certainly don't have such lofty goals as racial cleansing. They're just in it for the money.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0915-04.htm

http://www.thedailyenron.com/documen...5550-68379.asp

http://www.truthout.org/docs_02/07.22C.halli.probe.htm

I like fishing!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:21 AM   #12
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

FC--you have any links to sites that aren't Radical Left mouthpieces?

Just for purposes of clarity---in the original, the 5th Commandment reads, "Thou shalt not commit murder", not "Thou shalt not kill".

The other real knee-slapping thing I've noticed of late is the Left taking CNN to task for so-called "biased" coverage. I guess they have a new cable news darling, Al Jezeera.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:31 AM   #13
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

Thanks for making my point for me FC. I have often said that liberal, conspiracy theorists -- like you apparently are -- have long been the biggest threat to democracy and the US way of life. Ever wonder why the justice system in the US is such a joke -- for example. Liberals saying that inmates need their cable TV, playgrounds, education and 5-star chefs in their kitchens. Thanks liberals.

You seem to think this war is about rebuilding Iraq. Next you'll say it is about oil, but you will not know what percatage of oil the US buys from Iraq. You will not know, for example, that Iraq is only the number 6th supplier of oil to the US. You will also not know that the US buys the vast majority of our oil from Canada. Funny, I don't remember the US ever bombing Canada. Or Mexico. Or Venezuela. Or Saudi Arabia. All of whom we buy MUCH more oil from then Iraq. I wonder why that is since people like you are so sure this war is about oil?

As for the administration having support from people like me, consider yourself in the minority my friend. Every poll shows that this administration has well over 70% support for this war. And thank God the majority of Americans are quiet conservatives like me, and not a rebellious liberal like you seem to be.

I never said I would kill someone for their religious views. I would advocate this, however, if their relgious views were to kill me and my family first -- and they demonstrated the will, ability and plans to do as much. In case you have not been alive for the past 20 years, you need to understand that the fundamentalist Islamist sect has been preaching EXACTLY this for all those years. They actually beleive THEIR religion tells them to KILL Americans.

So you tell me, what is your solution to this problem? Like all Liberals, I am sure you have a lot of problems with how we are handling the situation, but have absolutely no alternative answers yourself. I remember someone once telling me, "You have no right to complain about something unless you also have an alternate plan in mind". Seems pretty smart to me.

Old 03-24-2003, 10:32 AM   #14
Mr. Sandman

FC,

While I really don't think we have to nuke the entire city of bagdad, I do think that a more poweful air war is needed. But that is MO and I don't know squat about what is really happening on the ground over there. And I am no war-expert. But I hate seeing ground troops in battle when we have a awesome air capabilities.

Second, this is NOT about money or OIL! I am sick when I hear the outspoken liberals pipe this trash. It is so off base that is doesn't justify a response. Perhaps you did not hear the president the week after 9/11. There is a WAR on terror and we will act in a PRE-EMPTIVE fashion to root out ANYONE that, harbors, trains, or supports terror. I think we ALL can agree that the Iraq gov't does develop weapons for terror and supports it in a number a ways directly and indirectly. This is NOT about killing every living person in country...just the leadership that supports this.

Look, I see this war as a win-win-win of both the world, the US and the Iraqis. Ridding the world of this guy will be in all our best interest

BTW, you have been brainwashed by the leftwing media, I suggest you get a daily dose of Rush limbaugh to get a more balanced perspective on the situation.

Back to fishin topics...I hate arguing about this here....I am sorry I posted this reply in the first place. I am only here to talk about bass fishing.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:33 AM   #15
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

There was a comment I heard last night or this morning that I'll paraphrase "Saddam Hussein has slaughtered more followers of Islam than ANYONE in decades"...

'nuff said...

And no - I think "Nuke The Bastards" is wrong or nuking Baghdad is wrong but I have no problems with leveling Saddam's ability to wage war, the infrastructure of his power, and the infrastructure of his means of genocide... And the LIBERATION of the normal every day joe of Iraq.

And his troops have really shown their true colors too. Bullets in the foreheads and bellies of captured Americans does not happen in normal battle, that is a procedure used for EXECUTION in harsh voilation of the Geneva Convention. Meanwhile, us Holy Warring Christian Crusaders are medevacing wounded Iraqis, giving them their first warm meal in who knows how long, and treating them in accordance of the Geneva Convention - Oh yeh, we're the bad guys...

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-24-2003, 10:42 AM   #16
FCAlive

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike P
FC--you have any links to sites that aren't Radical Left mouthpieces?
If it is true. it is true. If it is proaganda. it is propaganda.

It shouldn't be dismissed based on the source.

Are you saying that you know it is not true?

I could try to find some sources from the far right. They seem to agree with me also.

Last edited by FCAlive; 03-24-2003 at 10:46 AM..

I like fishing!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:46 AM   #17
FCAlive

You all make some good points.

I will try to reply tonight, but I've got to start working.

I like fishing!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:56 AM   #18
FCAlive

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnR
There was a comment I heard last night or this morning that I'll paraphrase "Saddam Hussein has slaughtered more followers of Islam than ANYONE in decades"...

'nuff said...

And no - I think "Nuke The Bastards" is wrong or nuking Baghdad is wrong but I have no problems with leveling Saddam's ability to wage war, the infrastructure of his power, and the infrastructure of his means of genocide... And the LIBERATION of the normal every day joe of Iraq.
Saddam Hussein is a sick and crazy f-ck.

I still don't think that justifies the US's actions.

I like fishing!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:07 AM   #19
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

Quote:
I still don't think that justifies the US's actions.
FC - I disagree, exactly because I am a Christian. Here's why the US needs to act now:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
...where there is injury, pardon;
...where there is doubt, faith;
...where there is despair, hope;
...where there is darkness, light;
...where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
...to be consoled as to console;
...to be understood as to understand;
...to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
...it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
...and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Sounds to me like St. Francis was advocating taking an ACTIVE role in securing peace whenever/wherever it is needed. The US is choosing to use our military to achieve exactly that IMO.

Old 03-24-2003, 11:11 AM   #20
FCAlive

Homerun04,

I'm sure you could find a bible passage that advocated war, but this one doesn't seem to.

I see no mention of agression or hostility.

I like fishing!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:32 AM   #21
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

You really confuse me....since when has the US been "aggressive or hostile"?

How many RIDICOULOUS chances have we given Iraq to comply to the wishes of the ENTIRE world? The US is not behaving in a aggressive nor hostile manner.

Let me ask you.....do you consider a housewife who has been physically abused for years by her husband and it is DOCUMENTED -- who ends us killing her husband out of self defense -- do you consider her "aggressive and hostile" whe she kills her husband in order to defend her life?

Old 03-24-2003, 11:38 AM   #22
FCAlive

Sorry, comparing the US to an abused housewife isn't going to fly.

The US has been aggressive and hostile since started large scale bombing against and then invaded Iraq.

As I said before, Saddam is a crazy f-ck, but this is not the right way to deal with him

I'll make an analogy. Saddam is like a murderer, awaiting trail, while the US is an assasin, acting outside the justice system, claiming it is acting for the good of all, but really serving extremely limited interests.

Last edited by FCAlive; 03-24-2003 at 11:43 AM..

I like fishing!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:53 AM   #23
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

Quote:
Sorry, comparing the US to an abused housewife isn't going to fly.
....and why not?? I guess in your opinion 9/11 didn't count as abuse against the US......or the funding of Al-Quesda by Iraq isn't abuse against the US......or what Saddam Heussein said TODAY, "It is the repsonsibility of the Iraqi's to cut off the heads of the infadels" as abuse towards the US.......or the destruction of oil fields in 1991 after the Gulf War, and now in this war unleashing the WORST ecological disaster ever known to mankind.......or the killing of Kuwaitis at random.........or the production of bilological and chemical weapons to be used against the US (by Iraq and Al-Queda) as abuse towards the US (which is UNCHALLENGED as FACT by every country in the world)......etc.....etc.....etc....

It seems to me that you REALLY do not view Saddam Heussein as a threat to the US.........is that so? How can you feel this way when Saddam himself has clearly claimed to be an avowed enemy of the US?

I am getting tired of this exchange, and the illogical thought patterns of your liberlaism that you seem to profess. Thank God your thoughts reflect the FAR minority of opinion in this country. As always, I still wonder why people with your beleifs live in the US if you are so against all that WE stand for???? Surely you are of age to chosse where you would like to live in this world. You seem happy to "suck" off all the services our country provides, but refuse to fight for it. Did someone tell you that freedom was free and there was no cost for it? If so, please tell us who made that claim?

Jefferson, Washington, Adams, Monroe, and Madison sure would love to understand why you feel the US should not be protecting itself or its sovreignty.

Old 03-24-2003, 12:09 PM   #24
FCAlive

Quote:
Originally posted by Homerun04
....and why not?? I guess in your opinion 9/11 didn't count as abuse against the US......or the funding of Al-Quesda by Iraq isn't abuse against the US....

There it goes again. The Iraq = 9/11 = Al Qaeda, alarm.

Please listen carefully. Though it received little press coverage, the CIA testified in front of congress that, to the best of its knowledge, there is and was no connection between the Iraqi regime and AL Qaeda. Not just that it couldn't find evidence of a connection, but that after conducting its investigation, it didn't believe that there was a connection.

Surprising we don't hear the important news huh?

Another side point. In the same set of testimony, the CIA indicated that war with Iraq will increase that probability of terrorism and military action against the United States.

I like fishing!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:23 PM   #25
fishweewee

Angry EFF YOU FC...

Quote:
Originally posted by FCAlive
These brave soldiers have died in a war to line the pockets of Cheney, Bush, and friends.
These brave soldiers died protecting our country and our interests.

How dare you cheapen their sacrifice!

Last edited by fishweewee; 03-24-2003 at 12:53 PM..
Old 03-24-2003, 12:23 PM   #26
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I think the names of these soldiers and marines that gave the ultimate sacrifice should not be drawn into a discussion like this. We need to pray for their families and honor them, not drag them into this topic individually. If you would like to repost that in a different thread, fine, if not, I will do so. We are obligated to them to support them and to honor them and not draw their names into a discussion such as this.

On the topic of this discussion, I see we are not nearing any sort of common ground either. Perhaps this is a failure of discussion and diplomacy. Fortunately, no one dies as a result and we do not need to resort to "military means" of any sort. Unfortunately, in real life, they could not just agree to disagree. Real life offers many difficult decisions to be made...

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-24-2003, 12:32 PM   #27
FCAlive

JohnR,

I agree and I appologize.

I like fishing!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:34 PM   #28
fishweewee

Angry

FC,

You are truly contemptible.

By cheapening the sacrifice of those brave souls who VOLUNTEERED to serve us MAKES YOU LOWER THAN WHALE $HIT.

Last edited by fishweewee; 03-24-2003 at 12:53 PM..
Old 03-24-2003, 12:35 PM   #29
FCAlive

Re: EFF YOU FC...

Quote:
Originally posted by fishweewee
These brave soldiers died protecting our country and our interests.

Take your cynicism and shove it up your ass, or I will personally come up to JP and do it myself.

Shut the !@#$ up!

How dare you cheapen their sacrifice!

We have a fundamental disagreement.
You think the war is about protecting the general interests of the US and its people.
I think the war is about much more limited interests.

We probably won't make much progress on this, but please don't threaten me.

That being said, the last post wasn't appropriate, and i apologize.

I like fishing!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:37 PM   #30
FCAlive

Quote:
Originally posted by fishweewee
FC,

You are truly contemptible.

By cheapening the sacrifice of those brave souls who VOLUNTEERED to serve us MAKES YOU LOWER THAN WHALE $HIT.

I spit on you, I spit on the bitch who brought you whelping mewling and puking into this world. It's obvious the doc or the vet who delivered you didn't slap you hard enough.

GO DIE!

Assuming I am correct and they did not die for a noble cause, should we pretend that they did?

I like fishing!!!
Closed Thread