Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Boat Fishing & Boating

Boat Fishing & Boating A new forum at Striped-Bass.com for those fishing from boats and for boating in general

Old 08-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
robc22
zziplex lover

the worst of tred barta

For years the guy bad mouthed commercial fishermen/fishing and he bad mouthed commercial fishermen that worked as mates in the sportfishing industry and as an extension the guys that worked the calcutta tournements He never understood that they were guys from a blue collar background just trying to feed there families.He wanted to see them out of business.......yet when he fished off shore he had no problem tying up to long liner's or lobster pot gear for the night. Often moving the gear miles and ruining the set for the commercial guys that own and work that gear. The guys who worked that gear ended up with no money for there families that trip......

Tred bragged on his FB page the other day about eating at some of the best, Most expensive restaurants in Montana.....His personal favorites on the menu included grilled swordfish, lobster, steamed clams etc.......gee Ted I wonder who harvested that seafood product.........

Now tred is saying he is of to the state of maine to bow/handgun shoot a moose( bull,cow or calf)this will be a part of his versus/NBC sports TV/INTERNET show. Funny thing is the state of Maine is saying he has no permit to do this nor is he a submitter nor can anyone shoot anything but a bull this year......I told the state of maine.....don't worry he's tred.....he gets to do what ever he wants regardless of the consequents to others.........However the state of ME IFW now have tred and versus/NBC on the radar screen.......

Lobster Troll #1
robc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
Mr. Sandman

love him or hate him...that is his schtick.

Don't want to get into a flame war but one can argue that comm fishermen were not forced into that blue collar job...they knew damn well what they were getting into. Most saw big the potential for big quick $ and decided to fish commercially instead of taking a land based 9-5 job. That was their choice and as it turns out stuff happens and the grass is not always as green when you get to the other side as you thought it was. Rules change, stuff happens you need to adapt or move on. You can't keep things the same just because that is the way you have done it in the past.

The facts are that comm fishing is destroying fish populations around the globe. "we" (the US) may be less destructive than other countries but we still did plenty of damage.
Nothing is really enforced, it is a free for all out there and the black market is huge.

I really don't like Tred's show. He has too much of an in your face personality. (although I bet some feel the same about me!)
I think he is a skilled hunter and fishermen and feel sorry what happened to him physically. He has done a lot for charities and kids though, probably more than you and I.

My favorite fishing show is probably Spanish Fly...
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Hooper
Southsider

I read an article he wrote where he struck a racoon driving to the boat for a canyon trip early one morning. After he hits it, he gets out to put it in his truck, because of course he's gonna eat it later, and the racoon bites the crap out of him. So, he finishes it off and then goes not to a hospital but to the canyons anyways. When he got to the dock after the trip he was ordered to the hospital by his clearly more intelligent wife.

There's tough and then there's stupid, you choose.
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
Raven

so um.....

he couldn't have thrown it into the Boat

instead of inside ..... the truck
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
so um.....

WTF?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
Chesapeake Bill

Tred is nothing more than a two-faced pompous societal clot in my opinion. He makes a big todo about hunting with a long bow and cedar arrows and complains about anyone using any other tactic but willfully goes out and fishes offshore wit every piece of electronic gear available. I say he should put his money where his mouth is and try catching one in a dory with a hand line...

You can't have it both ways... By the way, how's he gonna navigate those bogs??? Sherpa packers?
Chesapeake Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
Hooper
Southsider

Quote:
so um.....

He could've done anything he wanted...what I would've done is keep driving! The whole story was effed up from the start if you ask me!

Who the F eats racoon? Who gets bitten by one and then goes 100 miles offshore to tuna fish for thirty hours? Seriously guys, I gotta question his judgement, bigtime.

And Bill, I remember reading about how he fished the canyons along ina 19' Mako, strapped fuel cans along the outside of the boat...

I see the phrase "He died doing what he loved" on his head stone.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
buckman

Quote:
so um.....

He could of but then you wouldn't be talking about it years later...smart guy.

I like him
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #9
Raven

me 2

i think the good outweighs the BAD.....
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #10
Rip Runner

Some Love him some don't, I won't debate that. I do have to ask the original poster if you hate the guy so much why the hell would you be on his FB page?

Rip Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc22 View Post
Tred bragged on his FB page the other day about eating at some of the best, Most expensive restaurants in Montana.....His personal favorites on the menu included grilled swordfish, lobster, steamed clams etc.......
This says it all.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #12
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
I'll say this for Tred,
Sure he can be a ass but he knows his #^&#^&#^&#^& !
Unlike the other ass clown Charlie Moore who knows nothing but how to be a loud mouth annoying ass, and from what I'm told from a guy who lived near him in N.H. he's also a wife beater and a fall down drunk.

Last edited by Raider Ronnie; 08-26-2011 at 07:29 PM..

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #13
Hooper
Southsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
I'll say this for Tred,
Sure he can be a ass but he knows his #^&#^&#^&#^& !
Unlike the other ass clown Charlie Moore who knows nothing but how to be a loud mouth annoying ass, and from what I'm told from a guy who lived near him in N.H. he's also a wife beater and a fall down drunk, but thats to be expected as he's a Mic !
X2 Ronnie
Old 08-31-2011, 08:04 PM   #14
BostonIrish
Ditch Troll

Wow...as a fellow Mic...I met Charlie Moore at a Sox game last year.He was definitely not a ass and he gave out a bunch of his hats for free...my brothers handicapped and he stopped and talked to all the kids in the section.If you haven't met the guy don't be so quick to sling mud...I haven't met Tred Barta but his shows are pretty horrible.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
BostonIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #15
fishrick

think what you wish, kinda like the guy, but the moose season right now in maine is open with depredation permits for moose that eat various crops. They have cow, calf, and a few bull permits, and the landowner can sell the right to "shoot" them on his property. That is how Tred is able to do this. Kinda like truck huntin...but to each their own. Moose is good eaten...
fishrick is offline   Reply With Quote