Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 03-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
FishermanTim

MBTA is at it again!!!!

They claim that they will have to raise fares and cut services in order to balance their budget for this year.
What a load of crap!
They want to raise fares, which is understandable seeing that we have a lower cost per ride than New York or Chicago. Of course we also have a subway system that is over 100 years old and hasn't been updated since then.
They want to cut services, meaning MORE services, and yet they don't say one damn thing about cutting personnel. If you are going to eliminate bus routes or scheduled runs, then you evidentally don't need all those drivers.
People might be a little more receptive of a fare increase if it weren't coming from an organization full of waste!
When you have money being wasted on frivelous lawsuits, questionable hiring practices or creating a special "Transgender bathrrom" fiasco it's no wonder these idiots are in budget trouble.
If they spent as much time working on real solutions instead of wasting time and money on "bandaid-on-bulletwound" quickies then maybe they wouldn't look like complete a-holes!

I haven't taken the T in years and would be hard pressed to do so unless my truck suddenly dissapeared and I had to go into the city.
Even then I'd try to borrow someone else's vehicle instead of paying for the T.

Just my $0.02
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Raven

does that mean we can go surfing on top.....that looks like FUN
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
BigBo

It's cheaper for me to drive into Boston for my daily commute than to take the T. Piss poor service, substandard equipment, parking and the crowded smelly clientele = no thanks. I'll drive myself in and save my money.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
fishsmith
DDG-51

the fare hike is a big band-aid, all it does is get them thru this year. next year will be the same shortfall. and most likely same solution, raise fares. ..... I'd also guess we can standby for more vehicle related taxes to fill the void. ....
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
striperman36
Old Guy

After working in NYC for 3 mos.. Id say 104 a month in NYC is a deal. Bos a joke.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote