Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 02-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
Saltheart

Celtics looking to trade garnett

The Celtics are trying to trade KG to the Clippers. To me this is real good for the Clippers but i don't see a long term theme to what the Celtics are doing. Speculation is they trade garnett this year to the Clippers who immediately become a top championship contender then trade Rondo next year and make the guard they get from the Clippers (Bledsoe?) their new floor general.

Anyway , it looks like they are flushing this season and trying to build a team for the future. hate to see KG go but that appears to be the way its done now. You trade your best guys with a couple of years left for some younger maybe guys with longer carreers ahead of them.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
There was also talk of trading Rondo to the Lakers for Dwight Howard....a deal I think may have made a more positive impact for the Celtics season as well as the future! As talented a player as I think Rondo is...I also think he is a self-centered punk!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
tysdad115

Will KG approve that deal? He has a no trade clause in his contract.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Has a home in Malibu...he just might?

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
Saltheart

If he goes to LA Clippers he has a very good chance at another Championship ring. If his team doesn't want him , why would he pass up that kind of oppurtunity?

Dwight Howard?? Do you really want that sissy in a celtics uniform. That guy has no heart. he's big and strong but he has no heart and gets pushed around by guys way smaller than him.

Saltheart
Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

If KG goes, I am done with the Celtics. the guy embodies the team's spirit. I love Rondo, the guy can handle the ball and has fire. Looks like I have to find me a texas bball team, sad.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post
Dwight Howard?? Do you really want that sissy in a celtics uniform. That guy has no heart. he's big and strong but he has no heart and gets pushed around by guys way smaller than him.
He's the League Leader in Rebounds, 5th in Blocked Shots, and 4th in FG%...those are not stats indicative of a guy getting pushed around....He's also doing this with a shoulder injury.

I love Garnett...but he is Old.....I would love to see Howard in the Green...and he is Young

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
Sea Dangles

Howard is nothing but a rotten egg. He is big and strong, maybe even the best 5 spot in the league but he is missing a key ingredient. The man has no heart and not to mention no conscience. He would be difficult to root for even in green. He won't end up in LA is my guess because he showed his true colors there already. He cost a good coach a carreer in Orlando and then spit at their owner after getting a new deal. I never see him get pushed around by opposing players but if he were my teammate I would hate him. Just like Kobe does.BTW, if his shoulder hurts so much WTF was he doing in Houston when he should be resting.Prototype tomato can.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Just look at Howard, his head is so small it must be empty

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
Saltheart

Howard racks up his statistics in games that nobody cares about or really contends in. look at him in the playoffs. he's a GD sissy who gets beat up at crunch time. If he played for free I would let him in off the bench to give the real players a rest now and then but with 3 minutes to go and a need for a big play , he would be on the bench with almost anybody else on the floor instead.

Saltheart