Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 07-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

Bye Bye Tyler..We Hardly Knew You...

Hope the kid likes dallas...all the talent in the world, but still a kid with trim & booze on the brain.i think a lot of us can say those were high on our lists at that age.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

Lots of dislike out there for this deal but I say it was a good one. He may end up like Kessel and score 30+ per year in Dallas but that was not gonna happen under Claude's system. Pete did well getting both quality and potential with this deal.

"Twitch....Twitch....Twitch....WHAM!"
spinncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
rphud
GrandBob

Not a bad deal for the Bees if you don't mind giving up the goal scoring. Another kid with speed and hands gone, but you really can't argue the success of the system lately.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
but still a kid with trim & booze on the brain.i think a lot of us can say those were high on our lists at that age.
That describes a lot of hockey players. I think it was more of an effort and wanting to play in a more offensive system that stymied Seguins development. Lots of talent but doesn't like contact or playing defensive hockey (although I though he was much better defensively this past season).

I like the move but I think Peverly will be missed a little. Eriksson's supposedly a good 2 way player. I haven't seen enough of him to make an opinion, but the so called experts like him. I also like them getting some prospects for the future and saving some money by getting rid of Seguins contract.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I kind of like it. Not his style of play. He should do good in a more offensive minded style. Wish him well. We got the other Swede a berg to maybe replace him anyhow.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #6
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

they had to lock him in a room in Toronto to keep him from going out.... with a guard at his door. sounds out of control to me.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
Old 07-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

It is too bad. But Neely isn't about to stand for that crap after this many years with the club. I thought Seguin was destined to be one of the league's superstars. Professional sports need to establish finishing schools to teach these youngsters how to deal with life... and their money.
Bs just signed Iginla....... Guess he is seeing things differently than at the trade deadline.
Horton got his money, and a more low key environment in Columbus... Wonder what is going on in his head?
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:10 AM   #8
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

Horton said he doesn't want to be in a hockey town anymore...his words were he wanted to be in a low profile town. guess he could care less about winning, bringing in every night, and long seasons. good luck to Nathan- and thanks for your time here.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

Old 07-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Professional sports need to establish finishing schools to teach these youngsters how to deal with life... and their money.
If I'm not mistaken the NFL had one......Hernandez attended it....seriously.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #10
Clogston29
xxx

There used to be questions about Patrick Kane and his partying. He looked pretty damn good this year. Seguin hasn't shown what Kane did early on. Lots of skill but I don't think he has the grit for eastern conference, especially at center. Probably best move for everyone to send him west. They got a player too rather than picks which I like.
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #11
rphud
GrandBob

Last time I partied with hockey players they were eating glass and it was awesome! Next time I saw the one of them he was behind the bench in Pittsburg (head coach) and the other guy was something VP of something for the league. Hockey players just want to have fun. Me too, except for the eating glass part.

Of course, the basketball guys were eating Magic Cubes (yes, I am in fact dating myself).
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote