Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sportsman's Talk

Sportsman's Talk New forum for other outdoor sports. Hunting, shooting, archery, and everything else that has you crawling around with the bugs...

Old 10-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

My neices' first NCAA match

This Sat. my neice Sonya's rifle team from Kentucky had their first match of the year, they beat Ole Miss.

She had a 591 in air rifle, that is out of 600. That is all standing position. Pretty good for her first shoot. The article mentions her score of 574 or a 585, not sure what is accurate,for small bore(22 cal.) also. In small bore they shoot 20 shots each at 3 positions = kneeling,standing and prone. She needs to improve her kneeling.
The 10 ring bullseye is the size of a pinhead and you know how small pellets are and 22's, that is how accurate they have to be. I saw some of the scoring live on the web, it is done electronically .

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/c-...101913aaa.html

Some of you may remember she has gone to many junior olympics matches over the past few years, now she got into Kentucky with some scholarship help and is fitting in just fine I think. They have some good shooters on the team.

Last edited by Slipknot; 10-21-2013 at 08:10 PM..

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Notfishinenuf

Thumbs up

So nice to see in these times of threats to the 2nd. She is hanging tough with the best there is. Great job. At the rate she is going she will be at the top!

Vic
Notfishinenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Very involved young lady. Quite the achievement list too.
Hope she takes home another Title!

......it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:58 AM   #4
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Her Rich Uncle should buy her a new shirt..

https://www.creedmoorsports.com/shop...ongsleeve.html

Congratulations, hard competition at the top..

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Fishpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
Slipknot
Super Moderator

her other uncle is the rich one, he could buy her a whole uniform and still be able to pay for her tuition if needed. I'll stick to stuff like taking her to a Pats game

Thanks you guys, she will do fine I'm sure.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote